Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

CIS & Galactic Republic vs Galactic Empire Empty CIS & Galactic Republic vs Galactic Empire

February 27th 2020, 4:00 pm
As of early 19 BBY for both CIS and Republic armies. 4 ABY for Empire.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

CIS & Galactic Republic vs Galactic Empire Empty Re: CIS & Galactic Republic vs Galactic Empire

February 27th 2020, 4:16 pm
Empire farts and both die in vain.
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

CIS & Galactic Republic vs Galactic Empire Empty Re: CIS & Galactic Republic vs Galactic Empire

February 27th 2020, 6:10 pm
Initially said Empire stomps but I'm actually not so sure. They are far superior technologically and in numbers, and have the strongest forceuser in ROTJ Sidious. 

But Republic has ten thousand jedi among which are Yoda, Anakin, Mace, Kenobi, etc.

CIS also technically has Sidious. Might be weaker but the amount of other powerful forceusers make up for it. Grievous, Dooku, Durge and other darksiders in CIS also outmatch every forceuser Empire has except Sid

Republic also technicaly has alot more of Clone Commandos, Alpha-class arcs and most importantly, they have Null-arcs, giving them a huge advantage in terms of Spec Ops, which actually can matter alot.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

February 27th 2020, 7:01 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
So I'm going to break this down, first in Navy Forces and then Ground Forces, this isn't accounting for anything additional(such as the GAR having Jedi or planetary support), just basic numbers.

CIS Navy Forces

Section: 2-4 vessels + maintenance/support crew

Flight: 4-16 vessels + maintenance/support crew

Squadron: 12-64 vessels + maintenance/support crew

Task Group: 36-640 vessels + maintenance/support crew

Task Force: 72-1,280 vessels + maintenance/support crew
'
Fleet: 200-4,000 vessels + maintenance/support crew

Total Minimum: 326

Total Maximum: 6,004

========

GAR Navy Forces

Element: 1 vessel 

Section: 3-12 vessels 

Squadron: 12-36 vessels + support units 

Battle Group: 48-72 vessels + support units 

Fleet: 100-300 vessels + support units

Total Minimum: 164

Total Maximum: 421

===========

CIS Ground Forces

Squad: 8 Battle Droids

Platoon: 56 Battle Droids

Company: 112 Battle Droids + support Droids

Battalion: 784 Battle Droids + support Droids

Vanguard: 1,232 Battle Droids + support Droids

Regiment: 4,368 Battle Droids + support Droids

Division: 21,840 Battle Droids + support Droids

Corps: 109,200 Battle Droids + support Droids

Army: 218,400 Battle Droids + support Droids

GAR Ground Forces

Squad: 9 Troops

Platoon: 36 Troops

Company: 144 Troops + support

Battalion: 576 Troops + support

Regiment: 2,304 Troops + support

Brigade/Legion: 9,216 Troops + support

Corps: 36,864 Troops + support

Sector Army: 147,456 Troops + support

Systems Army: 294,912 Troops + support

=============

Imperial Navy Forces

Line: 4-20 Ships 

Squadron:14-60 Ships

Systems Force: 90 ships

Fleet: 400 Ships

Sector Group: 2,400 Ships

Imperial Army Forces

Squad: 9 Troops

Platoon: 32 Troops

Company: 128 Troops

Battalion: 512 Troops

Regiment: 2,048 Troops

Battlegroup: 8,192 Troops

Corps: 32,768 Troops

Army: 131,072 Troops

Systems Army: 393,216 Troops

Sector Army: 1,572,864 Troops

(Not including any attached command elements or support personnel)

Imperial Stormtrooper Corps

Squad: 8-10 Troops

Platoon: 32-50 Troops

Company: 128-200 Troops

Battalion: 512-800 Troops

Regiment: 2,048-3,200 Troops

Legion: 8,192-9,200 Troops

(no support personnel)

=======

Now individually, the CIS & Republic lack force numbers compared to the GE.

Now let's combine the two and we will get

Total: 513,312 total troops + support

This puts them above both an Imperial Army and Systems Army.

However this isn't accounting for support personnel since the OB for the Empire doesn't account that. This also isn't accounting for augmentations starting at the squad level and up. In fact, the OB for the Imperial Army those numbers are at an average level or even minimal forces, it all depends on the Sector the forces are deployed in given its importance, size and location.

But let's be real here, battles are mainly going to be taken place at the Army/Corps/Fleet level.

No Commander in their right mind would send out an entire Systems/Sector Army for battles, that just doesn't happen regularly. Yeah Obi-Wan did it with the Third Systems Army, but that was an exception, not a rule. The same with the Battle of Coruscant.

So now then, if we just combine the total Corps/Army Fleet levels.

Total GAR/CIS Fleet Minimum: 490

Total GAR/CIS Fleet Maximum: 6,425

Total GAR/CIS Ground: 255,264

Now these are just going by strict numbers here.

In a more realistic sense, the GAR and CIS aren't gonna be combining whole fleets on the regular, because this would then pull other fleets away from other systems/sectors which would need cover.

Furthermore, the maximum is gonna be rare for both the GAR and CIS, as far as I recall the only time there were thousands of cruisers in a battle was the Battle of Coruscant...again exception not the rule.

I might get into other things later, but this is already a long post. There are advantages that the Empire has that swing things more into their favor than the GAR/CIS just having Jedi.
The Slick Obi
The Slick Obi

February 27th 2020, 11:07 pm
I would actually back the duo army. While the Empire does have more advance technology, I would argue that the GAR & CIS (especially the GAR) have better Infantry forces (on average) than the Empire. While I am not super well-versed in OT Empire EU material, I believe that after the PT films came out, that it became a sticking point that the average joe Stormtrooper was not as skilled as a Clone Trooper?
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

February 27th 2020, 11:15 pm
The Slick Obi wrote:I would actually back the duo army. While the Empire does have more advance technology, I would argue that the GAR & CIS (especially the GAR) have better Infantry forces (on average) than the Empire. While I am not super well-versed in OT Empire EU material, I believe that after the PT films came out, that it became a sticking point that the average joe Stormtrooper was not as skilled as a Clone Trooper?

They don't no, whatever differences there are between Storms and Clones are minimal since recruitment have a Stormtrooper basic physicals meet Kamino grown clones(which then said person's genes are also taken to get cloned). Then the training is intense to recreate and skill and loyalty that the Clones had.

Any difference is negligible frankly. In fact, the Storms are gonna have the advantage in this case.

The standard battle droids of the CIS aren't even on radar.
The Slick Obi
The Slick Obi

February 27th 2020, 11:28 pm
Zenwolf wrote:
The Slick Obi wrote:I would actually back the duo army. While the Empire does have more advance technology, I would argue that the GAR & CIS (especially the GAR) have better Infantry forces (on average) than the Empire. While I am not super well-versed in OT Empire EU material, I believe that after the PT films came out, that it became a sticking point that the average joe Stormtrooper was not as skilled as a Clone Trooper?

They don't no, whatever differences there are between Storms and Clones are minimal since recruitment have a Stormtrooper basic physicals meet Kamino grown clones(which then said person's genes are also taken to get cloned). Then the training is intense to recreate and skill and loyalty that the Clones had.

Any difference is negligible frankly. In fact, the Storms are gonna have the advantage in this case.

The standard battle droids of the CIS aren't even on radar.

Hmmm, maybe it was canon material I was thinking of 🤔.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

February 27th 2020, 11:46 pm
The Slick Obi wrote:

Hmmm, maybe it was canon material I was thinking of 🤔.

Most likely, they've kinda watered down everything regarding Troops and so forth in Disney.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum