Suspect Insight Forums
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Fated Xtasy
Fated Xtasy

How to prolong your life  - Page 2 Empty Re: How to prolong your life

on February 26th 2020, 9:58 pm
@The Ellimist wrote:There's this idea called "terminal life expectancy", where new tech could increase your life expectancy at a faster rate than you age, and so you would get to functional biological immortality before actual biological immortality was achieved. I think there's a decent chance that this happens in our lifetimes, depending on a variety of factors (honestly, the main limiting point probably isn't the development of the tech itself, but rather the extent to which society will be stable for that long).
In the most respectful way possible.

If you die young, I will mourn your loss, but also chuckle. Because that's just the kind nut i am.   How to prolong your life  - Page 2 2266747095
BigMouthPrick
BigMouthPrick

on July 7th 2020, 10:01 pm
Excellent post OP. I am glad to see this topic being discussed outside of the longevity/transhumanist community. 

I will make the following contributions:

1.) Regular cardiovascular exercise either in the form of high-intensity intervals (few minute sprints separated by low-speed jogging) OR long session low-interval cardio training (jogging at a pace where you could hold a conversation) both promote telomere lengthening.

2.) Metformin, traditionally used for pre-diabetics, is currently being explored as a longevity treatment as it [url=https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02432287#:~:text=Metformin in Longevity Study %28MILES%29. %28MILES%29 Metformin also,and health span in a mouse model .]reduces[/url] inflammation and oxidization of cells. I am not advocating you blindly take supplements/drugs, but it is an area to be aware of.

3.) If you a male, excessive masturbation may be something to address. This is more spiritual than science based at the moment, but look into semen-retention communities if interested.

I have implemented many of the practices mentioned in OP and other posters in 2019, however, the stressors brought on by the Covid19 situation has broken my self-discipline and I have taken a few steps back. It is difficult to pursue longevity when dealing with so many short-term stressors.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger
Moderator | Champion of the Light

on July 8th 2020, 1:31 am
@BigMouthPrick I'm curious: are you a long-time member of the debating scene under a new name or an entirely new person?

on July 8th 2020, 12:24 pm
Azronger wrote:@BigMouthPrick I'm curious: are you a long-time member of the debating scene under a new name or an entirely new person?
I am a shadow of the past. Corona-induced social isolation has compelled me back to a community I had moved on from.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

on July 8th 2020, 12:41 pm
Who was your previous incarnation?

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum