Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

Hybrid Vader vs RotJ Sidious Empty Hybrid Vader vs RotJ Sidious

February 18th 2020, 12:35 am
An unhindered Mustafar Vader with all the mastery and knowledge of his RotJ incarnation tries to usurp his master. Does he succeed?
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

Hybrid Vader vs RotJ Sidious Empty Re: Hybrid Vader vs RotJ Sidious

February 18th 2020, 12:44 am
MFV wasn't hindered.
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

February 18th 2020, 12:48 am
That really wasn't the point of this thread lol
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

February 18th 2020, 1:08 am
Palpatine electrocutes him while bursting into laughter.
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

February 18th 2020, 1:47 am
Sidious takes it. Palpatine by RotJ is far superior to his RotS incarnation. KFV/MFV is only around the same level of power as RotS Sidious/Yoda. Palpatine's growth should put him well beyond the benefits Anakin gains from RotJ Vader's knowledge.

Now, if Anakin had not been beaten on Mustafar and actually allowed to reach his potential, he would've stomped Sidious by the time of RotJ. But MFV is just too far below Anakin's full potential to actually threaten RotJ Sidious.
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

February 18th 2020, 2:15 am
Actually think Vader would probably win this. It's mostly speculation but he's going to be more pissed than Anakin and much better at using it. Would probably get a Zonakin style boost during the fight.
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

February 18th 2020, 3:47 am
Anakin needs asspull powers to win.

Which frankly is his brand in a way
Seturna
Seturna
Level One
Level One

February 18th 2020, 4:14 am
Underachiever599 wrote:Sidious takes it. Palpatine by RotJ is far superior to his RotS incarnation. KFV/MFV is only around the same level of power as RotS Sidious/Yoda. Palpatine's growth should put him well beyond the benefits Anakin gains from RotJ Vader's knowledge.

Now, if Anakin had not been beaten on Mustafar and actually allowed to reach his potential, he would've stomped Sidious by the time of RotJ. But MFV is just too far below Anakin's full potential to actually threaten RotJ Sidious.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

February 18th 2020, 6:20 am
ILS wrote:Actually think Vader would probably win this. It's mostly speculation but he's going to be more pissed than Anakin and much better at using it. Would probably get a Zonakin style boost during the fight.

Eh? This is specifically Mustafar Vader with RotJ Vader's knowledge and mastery of the Force, but not his mental state (i.e. the converse, which is RotJ Vader with Mustafar Vader's power). On that basis alone I feel like Sheev would unravel his delicate psyche without much trouble - Lucas himself has gone on record saying that only Mace and Yoda can compete with the Emperor despite placing Anakin on the same tier of skill and power. And here the Emperor is far closer to his DE iteration in power, is much more capable of using that power given his status as "more energy than flesh," and retains the same skill level in fencing as his RotS iteration had. I wouldn't favor Vader's chances here.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

February 18th 2020, 6:33 am
I misread, Vader wins. Greater understanding of the Force and experience should give him the ability tap into his potential. Pre-burn Anakin still possesses way greater raw power than Palpatine. Anakin smashes Sheev like he did to Son and Daughter.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

February 18th 2020, 7:03 am
If Anakin could tap into his full potential whenever he's in his stressful situation, he would have done. Sidious wins.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

February 18th 2020, 7:18 am
BoD wrote:If Anakin could tap into his full potential whenever he's in his stressful situation, he would have done. Sidious wins.

I think this one really depends on Sidious's incarnation tbh. If you combine Vader's Canon statements with Legends feat wank and abilities with the force well... I mean, you basically have a KFV plus who can blow up planets and then you have Canon Vader tanking a moon busting to quantify that level of power. Like, I don't want to say that Canon Vader is Yoda level because he firmly is not. But any drawbacks Canon Vader has would be negated by Legends Vader's Power basis and more overt power showings. I think this is a close fight, I'll give it to sidious but he has to work for it
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

February 18th 2020, 8:14 am
@Isv Canon Vader's feats/statements aren't applicable here. This is Unhindered MFV with the mastery and knowledge of Legends RotJ Vader
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

February 18th 2020, 8:47 am
@Jacen Yeah definitely. All aboard the Kenobi > Yoda train.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

February 18th 2020, 11:12 am
I think this one really depends on Sidious's incarnation tbh. If you combine Vader's Canon statements with Legends feat wank and abilities with the force well... I mean, you basically have a KFV plus who can blow up planets

If you're talking about Ninth Assassin, that was him manipulating that energy to cause it to spiral out of control. Obviously it's very impressive, but it's not exactly combat applicable.

and then you have Canon Vader tanking a moon busting to quantify that level of power.

If you're talking about Malachor, that wasn't a moon busting explosion:

Hybrid Vader vs RotJ Sidious Screen85

Hybrid Vader vs RotJ Sidious Screen86

Obviously it's impressive, but it's nowhere near "moon buster" level. Ahsoka also saved him by dropping him through the floor, so he wasn't hit by the immediate shockwave:

https://youtu.be/bFq3_XJzo3M?t=185

Still a very impressive showing, but Malachor's been blown massively out of proportion.

Like, I don't want to say that Canon Vader is Yoda level because he firmly is not.

Honestly, he could be by ROTJ.

But any drawbacks Canon Vader has would be negated by Legends Vader's Power basis and more overt power showings. I think this is a close fight, I'll give it to sidious but he has to work for it

I can totally see Vader standing a chance at winning because of Legends feats, but canon Sidious himself scales above a version of Vader with feats like casually ripping apart AT-ATs pre-ESB, and a Yoda who could hold back a sentient mountain aided by several acolytes funnelling power to it. While he did have the "stone-power", the stone-power functioned as a way to connect the inhabitants with the planet, and Yoda was a lot less proficient in it than he was in the Force:

Hybrid Vader vs RotJ Sidious Rco02015Hybrid Vader vs RotJ Sidious Rco02112 

After only a few days (during which he shared his strength with the Mountain), he was capable of holding it back while it was trying to crush him, and even knock it away:

Hybrid Vader vs RotJ Sidious Rco00511Hybrid Vader vs RotJ Sidious Rco00610Hybrid Vader vs RotJ Sidious Rco00711Hybrid Vader vs RotJ Sidious Rco00813
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

February 18th 2020, 11:26 am
Guys, you know Canon Vader is like...completely irrelevant to this thread
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

February 18th 2020, 11:27 am
KingofBlades wrote:Guys, you know Canon Vader is like...completely irrelevant to this thread
Yep, just wanted to clarify for ISV.
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

February 18th 2020, 11:41 am
Underachiever599 wrote:Sidious takes it. Palpatine by RotJ is far superior to his RotS incarnation. KFV/MFV is only around the same level of power as RotS Sidious/Yoda. Palpatine's growth should put him well beyond the benefits Anakin gains from RotJ Vader's knowledge.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum