Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

Palpatine runs the Masters of the Dark Side gauntlet - Page 2 Empty Re: Palpatine runs the Masters of the Dark Side gauntlet

February 18th 2020, 12:24 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Shioz wrote:
Azronger wrote:
Shioz wrote:Round I: Sidious stomps.

Round II: Idk. Palpatine probably wins due to Force storm.

Round III: Sidious is much more powerful than Plagueis, and I doubt that MM will give Hego any advantage. Tenebrus will not have much impact on the battle.

Round IV: Sidious can handle it without much trouble.

Round V: Team, if Sidious cannot destroy them with a storm.

Round VI: The same as in the fifth round.

You seem to believe Caedus and Vol would present a greater challenge than Tenebrous and Plagueis, and the Old Republic team. I'm curious to hear your opinion why?

Regarding the latter two rounds, what are the odds of Palpatine getting off a successful Force storm, in your opinion?
The TOR-team (except maybe Valk) scales well below TPM Sidious and, accordingly, below Plagueis.

My doubts about the 2nd round are that Abeloth said "Vol had much of the power of Skywalker", and in the context of what was happening, the meaning of her words was obviously in the proximity of the power of Vol to Luke. Given Caedus’s fights with Luke and amped Jaina, I’m sure he’s out of Sidious’s ragdoll range (although, tbh, it's still hard for me to rate the power of prime Sidious). Palpatine surpasses Vol and Caedus individually, but I'm not sure what his battle with their duet will look like. On the other hand, DE Sidious has a direct scaling far above Plagueis, and, I believe, Sheev will be able to resist MM, being aware of these tricks.

In theory, a Force storm would be a very useful ability in a duel, but since we have not enough examples of its use in battle, I’m not sure what will come of it. In case of successful use, I doubt that team members could protect themselves from the storm and, most likely, any of them would get one-shot.

Well, are you familiar with the notion that Sidious hit his biological Force potential upon murdering his Master? Any power he accumulated beyond that began to damage his body, which over time led to his near-death condition around Revenge of the Sith. This was the case even if the Force energy was passively present in his body, but the effect was even worse if he actively exerted himself beyond his body's limits, like he did against Mace Windu with his Force lightning - that explains why he was defeated in a duel but was still able to overpower Mace when he dug deeper into his reserves.

The same occurred in Dark Empire when he was dueling with Luke: despite his clone body being "far stronger" than his original and therefore being able to channel a greater quantity of his total power at once, Luke still proved "too powerful" for him in a conventional duel. Yet when Palpatine unleashed his "untrammeled power" in the form of his Force storm, into which he poured "all his hatred," and was preparing to unleash the rest of his "full potency" onto Luke and Leia with close-quarters Force lightning, Luke conceded he would not have been able to defeat the Emperor by himself at that stage, and needed Leia's help to separate him from his power. So, even while multitasking with directing the Force storm outside with his mind into which he had diverted the vast majority of his energy, the Emperor was still so powerful that he would have been able to beat a Yoda++ level being with just conventional abilities like lightning while unarmed. The totality of his Force reserves should therefore be well above that of two Yodas, likely closer to three or four Yodas given just how strong he remained even after having expended well over 50% of his power into the storm.

Palpatine runs the Masters of the Dark Side gauntlet - Page 2 Sheev_19

Palpatine runs the Masters of the Dark Side gauntlet - Page 2 Luke_a10

Palpatine runs the Masters of the Dark Side gauntlet - Page 2 All_of10

Palpatine runs the Masters of the Dark Side gauntlet - Page 2 Luke_c11

Palpatine runs the Masters of the Dark Side gauntlet - Page 2 Luke_c10

And while that specific Force storm would not have come into play in the hypothetical fight between himself and Luke, he should still logically be able to summon smaller ones within his proximity or just teleport away and spam the team with big ones if needed.

Hope that answered some questions about where to rank the Emperor in his prime.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

Palpatine runs the Masters of the Dark Side gauntlet - Page 2 Empty Re: Palpatine runs the Masters of the Dark Side gauntlet

February 18th 2020, 12:27 pm
BoD wrote:
Azronger wrote:
BoD wrote:I think 4 or 6.

Why?
For round 4, the presence of Valkorion is what turns this in the team's favour. He's the only sub-DE Sidious character here who can give Sheev a run for his money. Nihilus and Soa can't do much but Nihilus has his drain to weaken Sidious while he's fighting Valk, and I'm not sure Sidious would be able to defend against the full effects of the drain while simultaneously fighting Valkorion. Not sure, though.

R6 he stops because there are just too many powerhouses. Aside from Valk, you have KFV (a tier 9 - I think any of the ROTS titans can give DE Sidious a decent fight), Plagueis w/ MM, and Krayt (another potential tier 9). Sidious would be facing all of these people attacking him at once while one uses esoteric abilities and another fights with a plot convenient power boost. While he could beat everyone bar Valkorion pretty comfortably, together they're just too much.

Why is Valkorion able to give the Emperor a fight individually but not any of the others? What makes him stand above the rest?
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

February 18th 2020, 12:33 pm
DarthAnt66 wrote:That first trio probably one-shots Palpatine.

And why be that? I know Soa was supposedly more powerful in his prime than what we see in the game, but I don't see how this team, even if you consider them significantly more powerful than him collectively, could outright "one-shot" him. One-shots are extremely rare, and practically unheard of when characters this powerful are duking it out. The team's greater numbers would only mean a larger quantity of attacks, anyway, not necessarily anything more powerful than what they could deliver individually unless they proceed to pool their abilities together for a mega attack. Even then, I'd need to hear some damn good reasoning for a bona fide one-shot to take place.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum