Suspect Insight Forums
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Seturna
Seturna

Kyp durron and saba sebatyne vs Maul and Savage Empty Kyp durron and saba sebatyne vs Maul and Savage

on February 11th 2020, 1:52 pm
Morals on




Prime versions
avatar
BoD
Level Six
Level Six

Kyp durron and saba sebatyne vs Maul and Savage Empty Re: Kyp durron and saba sebatyne vs Maul and Savage

on February 11th 2020, 1:54 pm
Team 2 can decimate in sabers and they should be more masterful with the Force. While team 1 has a power advantage, I doubt they can bring it to bear against the likes of Maul and Savage before they close the gap in sabers.

Team 2 7/10.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Three
Level Three

Kyp durron and saba sebatyne vs Maul and Savage Empty Re: Kyp durron and saba sebatyne vs Maul and Savage

on February 11th 2020, 1:59 pm
Team 1 imo, Kyp is too powerful for Savage. And I do believe that Saba can hold her own until Kyp finishes off Savage and together they'd put Maul down.
Corvinus
Corvinus

Kyp durron and saba sebatyne vs Maul and Savage Empty Re: Kyp durron and saba sebatyne vs Maul and Savage

on February 11th 2020, 3:04 pm
Team 2. Maul is by far the best lightsaber duellist here and the second most powerful person in the battle. He could feasibly replicate Kenth's pinning Kyp to the wall, whereas even Sidious couldn't tear through Maul's Force barrier. There would be no Saba to save Kyp here as Savage can contend with her and is actually likely to bring her down with the force of his blows.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

Kyp durron and saba sebatyne vs Maul and Savage Empty Re: Kyp durron and saba sebatyne vs Maul and Savage

on February 11th 2020, 4:52 pm
@Corvinus wrote:Team 2. Maul is by far the best lightsaber duellist here and the second most powerful person in the battle. He could feasibly replicate Kenth's pinning Kyp to the wall, whereas even Sidious couldn't tear through Maul's Force barrier. There would be no Saba to save Kyp here as Savage can contend with her and is actually likely to bring her down with the force of his blows.
Have you read DN? Kenth pins a Kyp who doesn't have a force wall up. Kyp does the same to Corran. Unless you're advocating for a ragdoll gap between Kyp and Corran, and one between Saba and Kyp (I'll give you a hint, there isn't one), your point is wrong from the start.
Corvinus
Corvinus

Kyp durron and saba sebatyne vs Maul and Savage Empty Re: Kyp durron and saba sebatyne vs Maul and Savage

on February 11th 2020, 5:13 pm
@IG I have and I know. You were in the Malak thread so you know I don't rate Kenth doing that as a feat. What I'm saying is that it happened and Kyp got free when Kenth's concentration was broken by Jaina. That won't happen here because of Savage. Please read what I write before jumping the gun like this.


Last edited by Corvinus on February 12th 2020, 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

Kyp durron and saba sebatyne vs Maul and Savage Empty Re: Kyp durron and saba sebatyne vs Maul and Savage

on February 12th 2020, 1:49 am
@Corvinus Saba was not present when the Durron pinning feat took place, as she was, along with Leia, prisoner on admiral Bwua’tu’s capital ship. You might be misremembering.
Corvinus
Corvinus

Kyp durron and saba sebatyne vs Maul and Savage Empty Re: Kyp durron and saba sebatyne vs Maul and Savage

on February 12th 2020, 1:23 pm
@MasterCilghal Ah, that was meant to say Jaina.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

Kyp durron and saba sebatyne vs Maul and Savage Empty Re: Kyp durron and saba sebatyne vs Maul and Savage

on February 12th 2020, 1:25 pm
@Corvinus wrote:@MasterCilghal Ah, that was meant to say Jaina.
My point remains though, that there's no way Maul is pinning Kyp lol.
Corvinus
Corvinus

Kyp durron and saba sebatyne vs Maul and Savage Empty Re: Kyp durron and saba sebatyne vs Maul and Savage

on February 12th 2020, 1:28 pm
@IG If Kenth can, then Maul definitely can. When there's no Force barrier in place, the power difference doesn't matter.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

Kyp durron and saba sebatyne vs Maul and Savage Empty Re: Kyp durron and saba sebatyne vs Maul and Savage

on February 12th 2020, 1:29 pm
Kenth only achieved that by taking his opponent off guard, which is unlikely to happen in a fight where Kyp is fully prepared and expecting telekinetic attacks.
Corvinus
Corvinus

Kyp durron and saba sebatyne vs Maul and Savage Empty Re: Kyp durron and saba sebatyne vs Maul and Savage

on February 12th 2020, 1:32 pm
@MasterCilghal Kyp Force pushed Corran first, which he is likely to try to do here to one of his opponents. If he doesn't put a Force barrier up after that when another Jedi Master is there, that's on him.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

Kyp durron and saba sebatyne vs Maul and Savage Empty Re: Kyp durron and saba sebatyne vs Maul and Savage

on February 12th 2020, 1:46 pm
@Corvinus It doesn’t change the fact that it was not a combat situation, but rather a simple showing of arrogance meant to dismiss Corran, at the time the temporary leader of the Jedi order. He was likely not expecting such a response from the other Jedi. Here he is placed and forced to fight against two high-caliber opponents and he would therefore try to keep his force shield up. 
Regardless, what you mention can happen in any fight with any opponent, momentary gaps in one’s force shield are not unusual and are the reason force users of comparable power can attack each other with the force, so I really fail to see where you’re getting at.
Corvinus
Corvinus

Kyp durron and saba sebatyne vs Maul and Savage Empty Re: Kyp durron and saba sebatyne vs Maul and Savage

on February 12th 2020, 1:51 pm
@MasterCilghal You deny it can happen in one post and agree it can happen in another post. What exactly are you arguing?
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

Kyp durron and saba sebatyne vs Maul and Savage Empty Re: Kyp durron and saba sebatyne vs Maul and Savage

on February 12th 2020, 2:01 pm
@Corvinus wrote:You deny it can happen in one post and agree it can happen in another post. What exactly are you arguing?

I never really denied it, I just said that it is unlikely for Kyp to be pinned because he is taken off guard in a combat situation , as he would definitely be expecting an attack and would recover from it a lot faster, not that it is unlikely for Maul to force-push him in case of a momentary gap, which, however can happen in any fight, even between equally powerful characters, which doesn’t really constitute a strong argument for Maul. That is my point. Sorry if I explained myself badly, but I thought my argument was clear.
Corvinus
Corvinus

Kyp durron and saba sebatyne vs Maul and Savage Empty Re: Kyp durron and saba sebatyne vs Maul and Savage

on February 12th 2020, 2:22 pm
@MasterCilghal My main argument is that Maul is the better lightsaber duellist by far, and is not far off in applicable combat power, considering Kyp is very up and down in that department. I merely said he could feasibly pin Kyp, which you agree is possible, though unlikely, so I am correct in saying it is feasible.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

Kyp durron and saba sebatyne vs Maul and Savage Empty Re: Kyp durron and saba sebatyne vs Maul and Savage

on February 12th 2020, 2:35 pm
@Corvinus wrote:My main argument is that Maul is the better lightsaber duellist by far
I agree overall, even if I think Kyp’s comparison to Viun Galaan is an underrated accolade. 


@Corvinus wrote:and is not far off in applicable combat power, considering Kyp is very up and down in that department.
I would wager Maul has an advantage in the force l, at east compared to the amount of power Kyp can bring to the table under normal circumstances. 

@Corvinus wrote:I merely said he could feasibly pin Kyp, which you agree is possible, though unlikely, so I am correct in saying it is feasible.



I still don’t understand the purpose of this point. As I said, it can happen in any fight between opponents of different power levels. For example, I think Kit Fisto could potentially push Sheev should the latter be taken off guard, since a passive barrier is far, far weaker than an active one. It is something that could happen in theory, but is highly unlikely and certainly not in the same way as Hamner, who did that in a non-combat situation against a Kyp who was not expecting it and therefore couldn’t recover instantly in case of a gap in his defense, a factor that here is not present.
Regardless, I agree with your main points, so there’s no point in continuing this Kyp durron and saba sebatyne vs Maul and Savage 1289255181
Sponsored content

Kyp durron and saba sebatyne vs Maul and Savage Empty Re: Kyp durron and saba sebatyne vs Maul and Savage

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum