Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

ESB Vader vs ESB Yoda - Page 2 Empty Re: ESB Vader vs ESB Yoda

February 12th 2020, 9:57 am
@Azronger: Hm, well I think with Yoda it's important to emphasize a difference between concentrating and straining. He does many easy feats slowly.

@SithSauce: A lot of sources emphasize that Yoda's health significantly declined between ESB and ROTJ.

@ISV: What's the source for the "all the while retaining" quote? Looks to be from one of those fan-made RPG guides.

Last edited by DarthAnt66 on February 12th 2020, 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

February 12th 2020, 10:04 am
@DarthAnt66

Ultimate guide to vintage star wars action figures

Last edited by Isv on February 12th 2020, 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

February 12th 2020, 10:06 am
@ISV: Ah, I actually have that book! Unfortunately, it's a fan publication with no affiliation with Lucasfilm/Star Wars. ESB Vader vs ESB Yoda - Page 2 1289255181
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

February 12th 2020, 10:08 am
DarthAnt66 wrote:@ISV: Ah, I actually have that book! Unfortunately, it's a fan publication with no affiliation with Lucasfilm/Star Wars. ESB Vader vs ESB Yoda - Page 2 1289255181
i could be mistaken, but TFU (1, i believe) says something very similar to it (that jedi stuided the force or martial arts in preparation for whats to come or something like that)
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

February 12th 2020, 10:09 am
Ah well, my case works without it.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

February 12th 2020, 10:10 am
@lorenzo.r.2nd: Definitely, but that doesn't preclude decline. That could just mean their decline was partially offset, e.g. Ben Kenobi was still less skilled and less powerful, but less so than if he didn't train at all. Nevertheless, a refreshing take by ISV. Cool finds, too.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

February 12th 2020, 10:13 am
DarthAnt66 wrote:@lorenzo.r.2nd: Definitely, but that doesn't preclude decline. That could just mean their decline was partially offset, e.g. Ben Kenobi was still less skilled and less powerful, but less so than if he didn't train at all. Nevertheless, a refreshing take by ISV. Cool finds, too.
well, it does stop decline. to hone is to get better at. there is no way to got back when u are honing something, at the same time. its either one or the other.  keeping up with training doenst mean that they got better either. it just means that they wouldnt be weaker or rusty. honing is to get better at. different things. ben kenobi stopped training after idk how long, but iirc, he got better with the force by a good bit.

and yes, i agree. its hard case to make, ngl
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

February 12th 2020, 10:22 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
@DarthAnt66 Luke specifically used the phrase "winded" meaning "having difficulty breathing because of exertion." For context, it's from the conversation between him and Mara from Visions of the Future where she explained to him that Alter and Sense spheres are basically inversely proportional. Luke reasoned that since Yoda chose to open himself to the will of the Force more, he lost his ability to exert his own will on the world to a great extent. Luke himself also made this trade-off for most of his life, which explains his low showings and why he has to get into a specific mindset prior to big fights.

February 14th 2020, 4:49 am
Don't know why this thread exists? If Yoda could beat Vader at this stage then he would have done so years ago instead of hiding on Dagobah. 
Vader trashes the old fool.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum