Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
S_W_LeGenD
S_W_LeGenD

Revan Reborn, T3, Meetra and Scourge vs. TPM Sidious - Page 2 Empty Re: Revan Reborn, T3, Meetra and Scourge vs. TPM Sidious

June 24th 2020, 9:14 am
Palpatine's supremacy over Tenebrae (The Sith Emperor) is SUSPECT, not firmly established.

Following are the sources which HYPE Palpatine:

The Dark Empire Endnotes = 1993
The Dark Empire Sourcebook = 1993
Vader: The Ultimate Guide = 2005
The New Essential Chronology = 2005
Star Wars Insider 86 = 2006

The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia = 2008
Star Wars: Darth Maul, Sith Apprentice = 2012*
The Complete Visual Dictionary = 2018 (CANON continuity)

The aforementioned sources do not cover Tenebrae in any capacity; this character was introduced in 2011 and expanded upon by the end of 2012 and on-wards.

*Several months before release of Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia in the same year. Before this publication, Tenebrae's powers were largely unclear across the LORE, to many authors as well.

The one source covering Palpatine and Tenebrae as of NATHEMA (i.e. Darth Vitiate) is the Star Wars: Force and Destiny: Core Rulebook. This book however adopted THE ARCHIVES ARE INCOMPLETE route to not discuss Tenebrae's reign of terror in the capacity of The Sith Emperor and otherwise. Even then, this book does not declare Palpatine as being a DEFINITE superior to Darth Vitiate.

Darth Plagueis' hype balloon was punctured by Mr. Leland Chee himself in a tweet.

Sorry guys, nothing suggest that Palpatine is superior to Tenebrae (The Sith Emperor). There is room for argument at most.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on June 24th 2020, 10:09 am; edited 5 times in total
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

Revan Reborn, T3, Meetra and Scourge vs. TPM Sidious - Page 2 Empty Re: Revan Reborn, T3, Meetra and Scourge vs. TPM Sidious

June 24th 2020, 9:22 am
S_W_LeGenD wrote:Sorry guys, nothing suggest that Palpatine is superior to Tenebrae (The Sith Emperor).

That is why noone takes you seriously lol
S_W_LeGenD
S_W_LeGenD

June 24th 2020, 9:29 am
HellfireUnit wrote:
S_W_LeGenD wrote:Sorry guys, nothing suggest that Palpatine is superior to Tenebrae (The Sith Emperor).

You do not speak for all here, or across all platforms.

There is room for argument in this matter - I do not deny this. But if you are looking forward to present a QUOTE, you will not be presenting anything concrete. These two characters were never compared in proper depth in any source.

Why do you think there are a number of members in 'any' forum who are no longer convinced? Because of digging into this matter in search for concrete answers and found none. There is much to argue in support of Tenebrae as well.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on June 24th 2020, 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

June 24th 2020, 9:31 am
Sidious still wins, pre or post boost. Two massively sub novel Vitiate characters, a Jedi who was considerably below him and a droid aren't beating a character who's not only more powerful but also far more skilled with a lightsaber, an advantage Vitiate did not have.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

June 24th 2020, 9:32 am
S_W_LeGenD wrote:
HellfireUnit wrote:

There is room for argument in this matter - I do not deny this. But if you are looking forward to present a QUOTE, you will not be presenting anything concrete. These two characters were never compared in proper depth in any source.

ask anyone around, S_W_LeGenD is known to be a biased cringy person across all platforms.

And I am not gonna present any quotes or statements since everything is on the table. Ignore them as much as you want, you are just going to humiliate yourself further.
Bergmar
Bergmar

June 24th 2020, 9:41 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
HellfireUnit wrote:

I take him seriously. He gives specific facts, unlike everyone else.
S_W_LeGenD
S_W_LeGenD

June 24th 2020, 9:55 am
HellfireUnit wrote:
S_W_LeGenD wrote:
HellfireUnit wrote:

ask anyone around, S_W_LeGenD is known to be a biased cringy person across all platforms.

And I am not gonna present any quotes or statements since everything is on the table. Ignore them as much as you want, you are just going to humiliate yourself further.

You are getting needlessly personal here. It looks like I struck a nerve or something.

Unlike you, I actually LISTED the sources which HYPE Palpatine as the most powerful SITH in history; majority of these do not cover Tenebrae in any capacity because this character was FIRST introduced to the mythos in 2011, and SWTOR-E was the first major publication to HYPE him as the most powerful Force-user ever by the end of 2012.

Darth Plagueis's HYPE was FLATTENED by Mr. Leland Chee himself when he responded to a related query with the following statement: https://twitter.com/HolocronKeeper/status/880295795920035840

Not my fault; I did not ask that question.

When Tenebrae's HYPE began to establish on a deeper level, Palpatine's HYPE began to fizzle out as noted in a source released in 2014 (Star Wars: Force and Destiny: Core Rulebook). The CANON vs. LEGENDS split also happened around the same time, leaving the matter to the imagination of audience.

LOGICAL COURSE is to give VALUE to LATEST INFORMATION (emerging theme), and use it to INFORM older content.

You want to be the TRADITIONALIST - by my guest. If you think I have missed something, you can let me know.

However, you are FLAME-BAITING actually. This is not cool.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on June 24th 2020, 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

June 24th 2020, 10:00 am
Bit of constructive criticism: please stop putting random words in capitals. It lessens the impact of what you're saying when you do it every 10 words or so, and it comes across as somewhat patronising (it implies that you don't think the other debater is capable of reading your entire post so you have to highlight specific words). Use it sparingly or not at all.
S_W_LeGenD
S_W_LeGenD

June 24th 2020, 10:04 am
BoD wrote:Bit of constructive criticism: please stop putting random words in capitals. It lessens the impact of what you're saying when you do it every 10 words or so, and it comes across as somewhat patronising (it implies that you don't think the other debater is capable of reading your entire post so you have to highlight specific words). Use it sparingly or not at all.

My bad.

It is my style but I will consider your advice.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

June 24th 2020, 10:35 am
@Bergmar:

unlike everyone else.

Were you dropped on your head as a baby?
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

June 24th 2020, 11:12 am
@HellfireUnit Warning for needless provocation. Same goes for you, @Sjuttiosju

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum