Suspect Insight Forums
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Two
Level Two

What is the best Spider-Man adaptation? Empty What is the best Spider-Man adaptation?

on January 28th 2020, 2:37 pm
The question here is what actor or voice actor captures the essence of the character of Peter Parker/Spider-Man from the comics (Earth 616 and Earth 1610 because they serve the bulk of the Spider-Man mythos), it could be live action, animated or video game.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Three
Level Three

What is the best Spider-Man adaptation? Empty Re: What is the best Spider-Man adaptation?

on January 28th 2020, 4:07 pm
Marvel's Spider-Man for PS4
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Two
Level Two

What is the best Spider-Man adaptation? Empty Re: What is the best Spider-Man adaptation?

on January 28th 2020, 4:46 pm
Toby Maguire because of the gonna cry meme
King Joker
King Joker
Level One
Level One

on January 29th 2020, 12:46 pm
Tom Holland, even though his movies are inferior to Maguire’s.
Vader's Legacy
Vader's Legacy
Level Three
Level Three

on January 29th 2020, 12:55 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
@King Joker wrote:Tom Holland, even though his movies are inferior to Maguire’s.
Your gay is seeping through  What is the best Spider-Man adaptation? 3037424776
Meatpants
Meatpants
Moderator | Champion of Darkness
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

on January 29th 2020, 1:05 pm
@CuckedCurry wrote:Toby Maguire because of his amazing acting. 
Wandering Jedi
Wandering Jedi

on January 29th 2020, 2:21 pm
Spiderman TAS
DarthMaul666
DarthMaul666

on February 4th 2020, 12:36 pm
There are so many different versions of spider man in the comics, so why should the movie interpretations be any different? If you are inpersonating the young, learning high-school spider man, then Tom Holland is great! If you want a more adult, bit more experienced spider man, then Toby's Spider is the best for you. If you want an attempt to retcon the worst parts of the Dark Knight trilogy for Spider Man, then Andrew Gardfield. It's all subjective.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Two
Level Two

on February 4th 2020, 1:00 pm
@DarthMaul666 wrote:There are so many different versions of spider man in the comics, so why should the movie interpretations be any different? If you are inpersonating the young, learning high-school spider man, then Tom Holland is great! If you want a more adult, bit more experienced spider man, then Toby's Spider is the best for you. If you want an attempt to retcon the worst parts of the Dark Knight trilogy for Spider Man, then Andrew Gardfield. It's all subjective.

Because Spider-Man is a comic book character.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level One
Level One

on February 4th 2020, 1:02 pm
tobey maguire adaptations
TrevaDaProgSnob
TrevaDaProgSnob

on February 8th 2020, 10:34 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Spider Man PS4. Tobey and Into the Spider Verse are also good honorable mentions.
LSDMB
LSDMB

on February 9th 2020, 10:33 pm
Spiderman 3
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Two
Level Two

on March 7th 2020, 4:20 pm
There's reports going around that Andrew Garfield is in talks to reprise his role as Spider-Man in Spider Verse 2, if anyone is interested in hearing about this.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/andrew-garfield-reportedly-talks-return-spiderman-live-action-spiderverse-movie/

I'd say this is good news, I'm not the biggest fan of TASM duology, I think TASM 1 did an inadequate job at retelling the origin story to the point it seemed like the entire story was actively trying to distinguish itself from the 2002 version... Which ironically told the origin story really well, and I think it went too far with trying to make a contemporary version of Spider-Man. TASM 2 suffered from being overstuffed with too many storylines and shit. However, I'm not the biggest "hater" of it because one thing that I respect TASM duology for is that they had the balls to incorporate dark, mature themes that are really intrinsic of Spider-Man as a character in the Amazing and Ultimate comics i.e. that Peter's powers are a curse that create a shit ton of problems that make his life absolutely miserable. Sam Raimi and Marc Webb clearly understood that and put a lot of time and effort into showing how Peter's life sucks. People will bash on the Raimi trilogy and Webb duology for contrived reasons e.g. nostalgia card, "it's too cheesy!", "it's not accurate to the source material!" but in actuality, they're just jumping on the bandwagon of it's cool to hate old things.

I can vididly remember back when TASM 1 was released in 2012, for about 2 years people randomly jumped on the bandwagon of bashing on the Raimi trilogy while simultaneously worshipping TASM series with "TASM is closer to the comics, muh web shooters!" and "the Raimi trilogy was too cheesy" and last but most certainly not least... "T O B E Y C R I E S T O O M U C H" which isn't even worth attempting to rebut. This started to change when TASM 2 was released, and the Raimi trilogy and TASM duology have switched positions top kek.

The Spider-Man fanbase is arguably almost as toxic as the Star Wars fanbase tbh. The MCU Spider-Man movies, as enjoyable as they are, almost completely missed on this, especially with Homecoming. Granted, it does become more apparent in Far From Home because Peter gets framed as a murderer by Mystero, which J Jonah Jameson was more than happy to publicise, but Sam Raimi and Marc Webb did a much better job at conveying how Peter's powers are a curse, but I would blame this on the "frozen rights" complication that is unique to Marvel and Sony's partnership.

Andrew is sadly one of the biggest victims of Sony's many years of mishandling the Spider-Man movies over the years, he was really zealous to play Spider-Man, but was heart broken at how how things went, he said that character development and story after being replaced by Tom Holland. TASM didn't even get an entire trilogy as intended, like how the Raimi trilogy didn't get Spider-Man 4 as intended, he deserves another shot of playing Spider-Man, and Spider Verse 2 is the best medium due to the multiverse thing.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum