Suspect Insight Forums

Go down
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

The most evil characters from fiction - Page 2 Empty Re: The most evil characters from fiction

on February 13th 2020, 3:16 pm
While likely not the most evil, the Dread Masters' should receive a notable mention. Their goal was just to maximize agony and suffering for as many as possible.
BoD
BoD
Level Four
Level Four

The most evil characters from fiction - Page 2 Empty Re: The most evil characters from fiction

on February 13th 2020, 3:49 pm
If species count, I forgot to mention the Flood: 

"All that is created will suffer. All will be born in suffering, endless grayness shall be their lot. All creation will tailor to failure and pain, that never again shall the offspring of the eternal Fount rise up against their creators. Listen to the silence. Ten million years of deep silence. And now, whimpers and cries; not of birth. That is what we bring: a great crushing weight to press down youth and hope. No more will. No more freedom. Nothing new but agonizing death and never good shall come of it." -- Gravemind, Halo: Silentium

-

“No more will. No more freedom. Nothing new but agonizing death and never good shall come of it. We are the last of those who gave you breath and form, millions of years ago. We are the last of those your kind defied and ruthlessly destroyed. We are the last Precursors. And now we are legion.”

The Flood might be the most evil species in all of the franchises I know of.
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level One
Level One

on February 13th 2020, 8:24 pm
I don't think the flood is evil. They're fulfilling their biological imperative by spreading. Of course there's actually implications that the flood only acted out of revenge against the forerunners, and were testing humanity to test their worthiness to claim the mantle. So yeah evil isn't really a word I would use
BoD
BoD
Level Four
Level Four

on February 13th 2020, 8:57 pm
@KingofBlades wrote:I don't think the flood is evil. They're fulfilling their biological imperative by spreading. Of course there's actually implications that the flood only acted out of revenge against the forerunners, and were testing humanity to test their worthiness to claim the mantle. So yeah evil isn't really a word I would use
Nah, the Flood are twisted creations of the Precursors. Their whole logic is that because the Forerunners attacked them, no race is worthy of free will and the Mantle is a lie. It thinks the only way they can stop another race from challenging them again is by consuming every sentient being in the galaxy.

It's not clear why they didn't consume Ancient Humanity. One of the theories is that it was waiting for Ancient Humanity and the Forerunners to weaken each other then swoop in and annihilate the Forerunners and then assimilate Humanity. 

Plus, the Flood have done some incredibly evil things. For example, just before the Halo arrays fired, the Gravemind imprinted some Ancient Humans (including Forthenco) and sent them to the Librarian to tell her that the Domain and all of its records of Forerunner and Precursor history would be destroyed, essentially wiping the Forerunners from history. It also knew what she did to the Ur-Didact, and basically laughed in her face when she realised he'd be left in his Cryptum to go mad over millenia of isolation.

Spoiler:

With sunrise, he appears before me, and along with him come three of his warriors. They stand between me and the orange sun. I am not sure they are real, solid, but I am not imagining them; that my armor assures me. 

This is Forthencho, Lord of Admirals. And there is only one way that can be. The Gravemind is playing another cruel trick. 

"Librarian," he says. One look at him, as he steps forward, and then around me, into the full light, confirms my suspicions. His face is contorted by deep pain, ravaged, darkened by blotches; his flesh is rotting from within.   

Composer-gathered essences have been imprinted over living humans; and those essences are now rotting the bodies from within, maligned by the Flood parasite. Despite this fact, I'm shocked that he can communicate. 

"We have been allowed to come here to die. The Gravemind..." He coughs and can barely recover his voice. "The Gravemind is on its way to the secret Ark, preparing to devour whatever hope you've laid up there. But it has sent us to you with a final message, Great Mother." 

They gather around me. I am at once touched and horrified. They will indeed die soon. Such is the cruelty of the Composer; such is the barbarity of the Flood. 

"This we were told by the Gravemind, the greatest of them, who has consumed ten thousand planets and brought entire galaxies to an end. This we were told..." 

His warriors kneel at my feet, and I wither inside with shame as I recognize that, through their imprinted bodies, they look upon me as a last and redeeming vision, regard my face as equal to that of their own mothers, a face their descendants will see at birth and in all their deepest dreams ... 

"You are my children," I whisper, and they respond in many tongues. I am ready now. I know they will not lie to me. They will tell me what they were told, and I will know the truth of it, or not. "I listen, Forthencho."   

He struggles to give voice to so many alien thoughts-in the language he knows, using the words he is familiar with. "The Precursors lived in many shapes, flesh and spirit, primitive and advanced, spacefaring and locked to their worlds ... Evolved over and over again, died away, were reborn, explored, and seeded many galaxies ... This I was told. I understand little. 

"We are your children, Librarian. But we are also their children. And what they learned across many billions of years they stored in this galaxy. We do not know where. The Gravemind tells us something impossible to understand-that most of what has been gathered comes from before there were stars. We do not believe in such a time, but the Mind insists ... The life-patterns and living wisdom of a hundred billion years. 

"They tell me the immense field projected by this reserve is known to Forerunners, was once accessed by them. Is that so, Librarian?" 

The Domain! I tell myself. He is describing the Domain. Could that possibly be true? The Domain was created by Precursors? 

Forthencho's Warriors clamor hoarsely. Their decaying hands reach out to stroke my armor, touch me directly, touch my flesh. I do not withdraw. I reach out to the crumbling cheek of the Lord of Admirals.   
"I'm listening," I tell him. 

"The Gravemind no more understands the whole truth than we do. It is past all our understanding, from the greatest to the smallest. This reserve was wrapped in Precursor architecture, protected for many billions of years. Out there." He lifts his arm and points to the bright blue sky. "Perhaps if there were enough time, we could find it. But when the Halos are fired, not only will sentient life across the galaxy vanish, but all that knowledge will vanish as well. The greatest treasure of all will be destroyed." 

The Organon! The Domain is the Organon! 

A wonderful truth, about to be turned by Forerunners into an awful truth. And not far away, outside the circle, Catalog is listening, to this accusation, this testimony regarding what may be the greatest crime of all. 

If the Halos fire, we will kill our own soul! 

"I will send a message," I tell Forthencho. 

His lips crack as he attempts to laugh. "You don't understand me, Librarian. The effects of Halo radiation are already felt." 

I stare around the circle of wretched humans. I refuse to accept this. 

Lord of Admirals holds up both of his hands, holding on to me, then lets go and falls to his knees. He tries to smile. Blood streams from the cracked corners of his lips. Not a kind smile. Like the grin of a wolf. 

"The Halos will be fired," he says. "They are being fired. They have been fired!" 

With an agonized grimace, he collapses face-forward into the dirt and grass. His blood returns to the soil. The others try to sing, but give out only a low, deathly howl-what might be an old battle song, or perhaps conveying a final message from the Gravemind. 

Its laughter haunting me across thousands of light-years. 

Wandering Jedi
Wandering Jedi

on February 14th 2020, 10:18 pm
@Seturna
@Azronger

The most evil characters from fiction - Page 2 Joker2

Joker stopped laughing, because of Anton Arcane's evil.

Not to mention Doctor Destiny made a group of people engage all kinds of depravity against each other in a dinner.

The most evil characters from fiction - Page 2 SM6_2_59f7f2e0661c27.44030233
Wandering Jedi
Wandering Jedi

on February 14th 2020, 10:27 pm
@Isv

You forgot a few like Anton Arcane,and Doctor Destiny.

Anton Arcane made Joker stopped laughing because he released his unto the world. Joker wasn't laughing.

Doctor Destiny made a group of people in a dinner engage all kinds of depravity for 24 hours.
Wandering Jedi
Wandering Jedi

on February 14th 2020, 10:29 pm
@Isv

I will leave this here.

@Azronger

Spread this around.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum