Suspect Insight Forums

Go down
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Two
Level Two

The most evil characters from fiction Empty The most evil characters from fiction

on January 28th 2020, 3:39 am
Which ones come to your mind when you think of evil characters from books, tv, cinema, games etc?
Azronger
Azronger

The most evil characters from fiction Empty Re: The most evil characters from fiction

on January 28th 2020, 3:40 am
Define evil first

Level Two
Level Two

The most evil characters from fiction Empty Re: The most evil characters from fiction

on January 28th 2020, 3:42 am
Az, let's not turn this into a philosophical debate.

Azronger
Azronger

on January 28th 2020, 3:46 am
I asked you to define evil. We need not debate it. It's just for the purposes of this thread.

Level Two
Level Two

on January 28th 2020, 4:03 am
Around Sheev Palpatine level.
Azronger
Azronger

on January 28th 2020, 4:07 am
What does that even mean?

Level One
Level One

on January 28th 2020, 4:24 am
The most evil characters from fiction 1019854026
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Two
Level Two

on January 28th 2020, 4:42 am
By using the word evil, my intentions are to point out living that lacks empathy, morals and the deeds they commit are being solely based on their own amusement, self-interests and the pleasure of seeing others' suffering. People who do not obey the common courtesy of society. People who put their id above ego and super ego.
Wandering Jedi
Wandering Jedi

on January 29th 2020, 2:22 pm
Anton Arcane
Seturna
Seturna

on February 13th 2020, 9:53 am
Joker
BoD
BoD
Level Four
Level Four

on February 13th 2020, 10:10 am
Joker.
Mephisto.
The One Below All.
Sidious.
Valkorion.
Vader.
Grindelwald.
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level One
Level One

on February 13th 2020, 10:15 am
Evil is Evil. Lesser, greater, middling… Makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definitions blurred. If I’m to choose between one evil and another… I’d rather not choose at all.
EmperorCaedus
Level One
Level One

on February 13th 2020, 10:17 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Ramsay Bolton.
The Dragon Of The West
The Dragon Of The West
Level Three
Level Three

on February 13th 2020, 12:03 pm
@BoD

Grindelwald.

The fact that you have Grindelwald on this list and not Voldemort is super fucking cringe ngl. The idea that Grindelwald was ever portrayed as more evil than Voldemort in HP lore is laughable.
EmperorCaedus
Level One
Level One

on February 13th 2020, 12:15 pm
Bellatrix Lestrange.
BoD
BoD
Level Four
Level Four

on February 13th 2020, 12:19 pm
The fact that you have Grindelwald on this list and not Voldemort is super fucking cringe ngl. The idea that Grindelwald was ever portrayed as more evil than Voldemort in HP lore is laughable.

Grindelwald started a nation wide cult, planned to subjugate every muggle in the world, and use them as slaves as servants. He was essentially the magical Hitler. Grindelwald was also emotionally manipulative and controlling, toying with feelings and emotions Voldemort couldn't possess. Grindelwald's influence also extended worldwide and started new cults and groups, again much like Hitler and the Nazis.

Voldemort was essentially the Bin Laden of the wizarding world. Terrorist attacks, lynchings, etc. I'm basing my assessment of their levels of evil on their achievements as well as their personalities, violent tendencies, etc.

Maybe next time you should try politely asking someone why they have character A as more evil than character B, rather than being a brat.
The Dragon Of The West
The Dragon Of The West
Level Three
Level Three

on February 13th 2020, 1:33 pm
@BoD

Grindelwald started a nation wide cult, planned to subjugate every muggle in the world, and use them as slaves as servants. He was essentially the magical Hitler. Grindelwald was also emotionally manipulative and controlling, toying with feelings and emotions Voldemort couldn't possess. Grindelwald's influence also extended worldwide and started new cults and groups, again much like Hitler and the Nazis.

I don't see how any of this makes him eviler than Voldemort. Grindelwald wanted to subjugate Muggle's, due to his beliefs, i.e. that they were of other value, and ultimately inferior to wizards who were given power, and thus had the right to rule over others. Voldemort, on the other hand, was incapable of feeling love for anyone, or anything, and killed mercilessly. He created a regime just as evil as Grindelwald's and shared much of the same characteristics, only his regime was actually created with evil intent. Ultimately, Grindelwald (potentially) felt remorse while imprisoned, and his final act of protecting The Elder Wand from Voldemort, and understanding far more than Voldemort did about the wand's true nature, shows that thematically speaking he was intended to be less evil. I mean, just read the novels, Voldemort is portrayed as the greatest threat, and more sadistic than literally everyone else. The idea that someone who was bigged up as not able to understand a single thing about love was worse than the guy who was in the book for a few pages, who shit talked him is utterly laughable.

Voldemort was essentially the Bin Laden of the wizarding world. Terrorist attacks, lynchings, etc. I'm basing my assessment of their levels of evil on their achievements as well as their personalities, violent tendencies, etc.

Achievements? The question isn't "which character performed the evilest act" it's asking which character is "the most evil" which is entirely to do with personality, and has nothing to do with their actions (unless you're using them to gauge what their personality is like).

Maybe next time you should try politely asking someone why they have character A as more evil than character B, rather than being a brat.

Saying that going against the thematic intent of the series is laughable, and calling it cringe, isn't acting like a brat. If you can't take even the slightest bit of shade being placed on your arguments then I'm not even sure you should be participating in online debating at all.

Last edited by NotAA3 on February 13th 2020, 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
EmperorCaedus
Level One
Level One

on February 13th 2020, 1:39 pm
In order I'd probably say:

1. Bellatrix Lestrange
2. Lord Voldemort
3. Grindelwald
The Dragon Of The West
The Dragon Of The West
Level Three
Level Three

on February 13th 2020, 1:49 pm
Imagine thinking Bellatrix is more evil than Voldemort. God I swear none of you have read the books.
Azronger
Azronger

on February 13th 2020, 1:58 pm
HP, I have on good authority that yes, you are acting like a brat now.

Level Three
Level Three

on February 13th 2020, 1:59 pm
For the record here is how JK describes both Voldemort and Grindewald in the same chapter:

Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows wrote:At last he said, “Grindelwald tried to stop Voldemort going after the wand. He lied, you know, pretended he had never had it.”

Dumbledore nodded, looking down at his lap, tears still glittering on the crooked nose.

“They say he showed remorse in later years, alone in his cell at Nurmengard. I hope that it is true. I would like to think he did feel the horror and shame of what he had done. Perhaps that lie to Voldemort was his attempt to make amends ...to prevent Voldemort from taking the Hallow ...”

Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows wrote:“And his knowledge remained woefully incomplete, Harry! That which Voldemort does not value, he takes no trouble to comprehend. Of house-elves and children’s tales, of love, loyalty, and innocence, Voldemort knows and understands nothing. Nothing. That they all have a power beyond his own, a power beyond the reach of any magic, is a truth he has never grasped."

But, yes, I'm sure JK definitely intended Grindelwald to be eviler.
The Dragon Of The West
The Dragon Of The West
Level Three
Level Three

on February 13th 2020, 2:01 pm
@Azronger wrote:HP, I have on good authority that yes, you are acting like a brat now.

How?
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Two
Level Two

on February 13th 2020, 2:21 pm
Woodland Critters.
Isv
Isv
Level One
Level One

on February 13th 2020, 2:36 pm
I love how Az pulled a hannibal lector with "define evil"

Anyway, the most evil character in fiction hands down is Carnage from Marvel, joker, darksied don't even come close to that level of sheer depravity
Azronger
Azronger

on February 13th 2020, 3:06 pm
The dispute between HP and BoD is exactly why I asked to define evil first

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum