Suspect Insight Forums

Go down
The Ellimist
The Ellimist

Is there anything wrong with bug fighting? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is there anything wrong with bug fighting?

on Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:42 am
I'm not sure to what extent bugs have conscious experiences; of course, answering that question has some fundamental epistemological limitations, but knowing the scope of their nervous system would give us a good guess (but I haven't researched it enough to know myself).

I think all conscious beings that are capable of experiencing positive/negative mental states have moral "value". To the extent that this would apply to bugs, I'd have issues with bug fighting. Then again, you could argue that their scope of consciousness is limited enough that the impact on humans, good or bad, is so much greater and we should focus on how it affects that.
Latham2000
Latham2000

Is there anything wrong with bug fighting? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is there anything wrong with bug fighting?

on Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:01 pm
I once met this guy who made the excuse that bug fights are justified because the bugs get something to eat and survive. He told me that a couple times that he dropped large spiders in ant colonies, and the outcome is that the spider always died a brutal death via getting bitten multiple times, getting dragged by multiple ants and even getting 1 or 2 legs ripped off by the ants, and he said "I just wanted to give the ants something to eat"
Isv
Isv
Level One
Level One

on Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:05 pm
This thread is disturbing. While I kill centipedes and spiders it's not something I am indifferent towards or take pleasure in. Living creatures fighting to the death is wrong period and bullfighting is appalling to me
Latham2000
Latham2000

on Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:39 pm
@Isv wrote:This thread is disturbing. While I kill centipedes and spiders it's not something I am indifferent towards or take pleasure in. Living creatures fighting to the death is wrong period and bullfighting is appalling to me

When you kill centipdes and spiders, what reason do you do it for?
Isv
Isv
Level One
Level One

on Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:38 pm
@Latham2000 wrote:
@Isv wrote:This thread is disturbing. While I kill centipedes and spiders it's not something I am indifferent towards or take pleasure in. Living creatures fighting to the death is wrong period and bullfighting is appalling to me

Mainly with spiders fear that it could be poison and hurt me or my pets. Centipedes just have it rough because the extra legs freak me out, not thier fault but I won't see those little fucks running around, they will die so I can sleep at night
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger

on Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:56 pm
@Isv wrote:
@Latham2000 wrote:

Mainly with spiders fear that it could be poison and hurt me or my pets. Centipedes just have it rough because the extra legs freak me out, not thier fault but I won't see those little fucks running around, they will die so I can sleep at night
i n d e e d
Latham2000
Latham2000

on Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:15 pm
@Isv wrote:
@Latham2000 wrote:

Fair enough. But what method do you use when killing spiders? Whenever I see a spider in my house, they tend to be small, so I can get a large tissue and just scrunch up the tissue and bin it.
Isv
Isv
Level One
Level One

on Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:42 pm
@Latham2000 wrote:
@Isv wrote:
@Latham2000 wrote:

Fair enough. But what method do you use when killing spiders? Whenever I see a spider in my house, they tend to be small, so I can get a large tissue and just scrunch up the tissue and bin it.
I use the merciful way and like Darth Bane I place my boot above their heads and let it do all the work
Latham2000
Latham2000

on Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:42 pm
@Isv wrote:
@Latham2000 wrote:
@Isv wrote:
@Latham2000 wrote:

I use the merciful way and like Darth Bane I place my boot above their heads and let it do all the work

So what do you think of this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Yo-y_fZaBM

I had the feeling this was staged.
Isv
Isv
Level One
Level One

on Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:57 pm
Yeah that's disgusting I'm not gonna lie, like aside from the fact it's cheezy and a waste of life putting myself through watching that video agitates me a great deal, especially when the entire thing seems like bullshit and it's an unnecessary loss of life
Latham2000
Latham2000

on Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:23 pm
@Isv wrote:Yeah that's disgusting I'm not gonna lie, like aside from the fact it's cheezy and a waste of life putting myself through watching that video agitates me a great deal, especially when the entire thing seems like bullshit and it's an unnecessary loss of life

I had the same feeling but when I heard all these edited animal sound effects I was dying of laughter.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum