Suspect Insight Forums

Go down
Latham2000
Latham2000

Is there anything wrong with bug fighting? Empty Is there anything wrong with bug fighting?

on January 22nd 2020, 5:31 pm
Noticed on youtube that a lot of people have set up violent fights between bugs as some kind of gladiator match with creatures like spiders, ants, wasps, scorpions, centipedes, beetles etc. Is this wrong or not?
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level One
Level One

Is there anything wrong with bug fighting? Empty Re: Is there anything wrong with bug fighting?

on January 22nd 2020, 6:30 pm
wrong as in illegal, or morally wrong?
Latham2000
Latham2000

Is there anything wrong with bug fighting? Empty Re: Is there anything wrong with bug fighting?

on January 22nd 2020, 7:01 pm
@lorenzo.r.2nd wrote:wrong as in illegal, or morally wrong?
Morally wrong.
Azronger
Azronger

on January 22nd 2020, 8:23 pm
Ultimately morality boils down to emotions. I don't and never have felt anything for arthropods except indifference or disgust, so yes, bug fights are morally acceptable in my eyes.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level One
Level One

on January 22nd 2020, 8:59 pm
i feel like making living beings fight to the death for fun, on any ground, means that u have sometihng morally wrong with u, no offense, as nobody is perfect
Divina
Divina

on January 23rd 2020, 12:14 am
this is just horrible tbh... bugs are beautiful creatures and should be treated as such.
Divina
Divina

on January 23rd 2020, 12:18 am
@Azronger wrote:Ultimately morality boils down to emotions. I don't and never have felt anything for arthropods except indifference or disgust, so yes, bug fights are morally acceptable in my eyes.
feeling "disgust" is probably coming from a place of lack of knowledge. bugs are beautiful creatures just like any other, and just because you feel "disgusted" it doesn't excuse that it is morally unacceptable to pit two living creatures against each other for entertainment. the fact that people think this is disturbing to say the least
Azronger
Azronger

on January 23rd 2020, 5:31 am
What knowledge do I lack the possession of which would make my disgust evaporate?
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level One
Level One

on January 23rd 2020, 6:36 am
Not being a Zulu ¡Zombie:/
IG
IG
Level Two
Level Two

on January 23rd 2020, 6:54 am
I don't like bugs in general, so doubt I really give a damn.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger

on January 23rd 2020, 10:29 am
why this question tho...?
Latham2000
Latham2000

on January 23rd 2020, 10:36 am
@The lord of hunger wrote:why this question tho...?

Because bug fights have become so popular that people make series out of them e.g. monster bug wars.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger

on January 23rd 2020, 10:40 am
oh damn thats kinda retarded
BoD
BoD
Level Three
Level Three

on January 23rd 2020, 12:14 pm
It's evil. Insects have basic nervous systems and understand very primal emotions such as fear and anger. https://www.consciouslifestylemag.com/do-insects-have-feelings-and-emotions/

It's forcing semi-sentient creatures to fight for your amusement. There's not much difference between it and dog-fighting, bullfighting or cockfighting. The only difference is society's perceptions of it and portrayal of insects.
Latham2000
Latham2000

on January 23rd 2020, 12:55 pm
@BoD wrote:It's evil. Insects have basic nervous systems and understand very primal emotions such as fear and anger. https://www.consciouslifestylemag.com/do-insects-have-feelings-and-emotions/

It's forcing semi-sentient creatures to fight for your amusement. There's not much difference between it and dog-fighting, bullfighting or cockfighting. The only difference is society's perceptions of it and portrayal of insects.

I agree with this, it's pretty messed up. There was this company in Japan that bought these creepy crawlies and forced them to fight to the death in an enclosure, and they filmed these fights and uploaded them on the internet, though I think some of their videos got removed for being too violent:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_Bug_Fights

Some people defend bug fights on the basis that it "happens in the wild," which is true, it happens all the time, but it's different in the wild because sometimes they escape the fight and survive, it only happens if one bug is prey of the other bug or randomly meet each other in their local habitats. But when humans set up bug fights, the bugs have no choice but to fight, and sometimes they're being forced to fight completely foreign bugs that they wouldn't meet in the wild.
BoD
BoD
Level Three
Level Three

on January 23rd 2020, 1:42 pm
Japanese culture is generally fairly backwards in many respects. Same goes for Spanish with bullfighting and even English and American areas of society.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger

on January 23rd 2020, 1:44 pm
bullfightning is entertaining in some cases
BoD
BoD
Level Three
Level Three

on January 23rd 2020, 1:44 pm
@The lord of hunger wrote:bullfightning is entertaining in some cases
No it's not. Ever.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger

on January 23rd 2020, 1:45 pm
have you ever watch it?
BoD
BoD
Level Three
Level Three

on January 23rd 2020, 1:45 pm
I have. If you find it entertaining, there's something incredibly wrong with you.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger

on January 23rd 2020, 1:46 pm
._____.
BoD
BoD
Level Three
Level Three

on January 23rd 2020, 1:47 pm
So you find this entertaining? Warning: Graphic content so don't click if you don't want to see. 

Spoiler:
Is there anything wrong with bug fighting? Viuepg10

Btw, the moment the bull enters that arena it's dead. It's disgusting and cruel.

Last edited by BoD on January 23rd 2020, 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger

on January 23rd 2020, 1:47 pm
you know its a profession right?
BoD
BoD
Level Three
Level Three

on January 23rd 2020, 1:48 pm
How is that an argument for anything?
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger

on January 23rd 2020, 1:50 pm
considering this have been done since 1900 i dont really see the problem to protest right now
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum