Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
xmysticgohanx
xmysticgohanx

Kenobi vs. Dooku - Page 2 Empty Re: Kenobi vs. Dooku

January 14th 2020, 10:08 pm
i have them equal
Syndiciate
Syndiciate
Level One
Level One

January 14th 2020, 10:56 pm
Kenobi vs. Dooku - Page 2 Srs0fsI
AlakanSpacewalker
AlakanSpacewalker

January 15th 2020, 5:57 pm
RotS novel says Dooku was afraid of Kenobi as a duelist. This leads me to believe Kenobi would win if the fight was saber only; otherwise, Dooku just abuses The Force on him and takes him out.
AlakanSpacewalker
AlakanSpacewalker

January 15th 2020, 6:42 pm
@ xmysticgohanx: why do you have them as such?
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 15th 2020, 6:49 pm
Dooku is above Obi-Wan in skill and power. A few months before ROTS, he repeatedly tags Kenobi while Kenobi can't land a single hit on him, even with Anakin to back him up. Dooku will have a hard time beating him in sabers, but if it comes down to the Force he utterly dominates.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

January 15th 2020, 6:53 pm
@BoD (Away) This is canon though, in which Ben grows in his time on tatooine.
Rohirrim
Rohirrim

January 15th 2020, 8:01 pm
BoD (Away) wrote:Dooku is above Obi-Wan in skill and power. A few months before ROTS, he repeatedly tags Kenobi while Kenobi can't land a single hit on him, even with Anakin to back him up. Dooku will have a hard time beating him in sabers, but if it comes down to the Force he utterly dominates.

He is not, as demonstrated by Obi-Wan stalemating a superior version of Anakin in both sabers and Force power, unless you think Dooku is more powerful than Anakin. Pre-prime Obi-Wan also did much better than Dooku against Savage Oppress (who had Maul as backup) in a lightsaber duel. It's a matter of fighting styles.

Every time that Dooku has gained the upper hand vs RotS Obi-Wan it was in a 1v2 fight that forced Obi-Wan to use Ataru, an aggressive form that is not Obi-Wan's favorite and Dooku knows how to counter better than anyone, thanks to him being Yoda's Padawan and Qui-Gon's Master. This is a distinct advantage that helped Dooku beat Obi-Wan in RotS, as supported by Lightsabers: A Guide to Weapons of the Force:
Familiar with Obi-Wan's fighting style, the Dark Lord once again got the better of him.

In the end, Dooku would indeed beat RotS Obi-Wan, but the reason is a stylistic advantage. The moment Kenobi goes aggressive, switching from Soresu to Ataru, it would be to Dooku's benefit.
xmysticgohanx
xmysticgohanx

January 16th 2020, 2:17 am
AlakanSpacewalker wrote:@ xmysticgohanx: why do you have them as such?
He beat Obi wan but Obi wan went on to basically stalemate Anakin who beat Dooku
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

January 16th 2020, 2:26 am
Kenobi wins by the end of RotS
AlakanSpacewalker
AlakanSpacewalker

January 16th 2020, 11:28 am
DarthAdi wrote:Dooku beats ROTS Kenobi again. Not sure about Ben Kenobi.

RotS >>> Old Ben
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

January 16th 2020, 11:55 am
AlakanSpacewalker wrote:

RotS >>> Old Ben
Canon Ben >>>
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 16th 2020, 12:03 pm
Rohirrim wrote:
BoD (Away) wrote:Dooku is above Obi-Wan in skill and power. A few months before ROTS, he repeatedly tags Kenobi while Kenobi can't land a single hit on him, even with Anakin to back him up. Dooku will have a hard time beating him in sabers, but if it comes down to the Force he utterly dominates.

He is not, as demonstrated by Obi-Wan stalemating a superior version of Anakin in both sabers and Force power, unless you think Dooku is more powerful than Anakin. Pre-prime Obi-Wan also did much better than Dooku against Savage Oppress (who had Maul as backup) in a lightsaber duel. It's a matter of fighting styles.

Every time that Dooku has gained the upper hand vs RotS Obi-Wan it was in a 1v2 fight that forced Obi-Wan to use Ataru, an aggressive form that is not Obi-Wan's favorite and Dooku knows how to counter better than anyone, thanks to him being Yoda's Padawan and Qui-Gon's Master. This is a distinct advantage that helped Dooku beat Obi-Wan in RotS, as supported by Lightsabers: A Guide to Weapons of the Force:
Familiar with Obi-Wan's fighting style, the Dark Lord once again got the better of him.

In the end, Dooku would indeed beat RotS Obi-Wan, but the reason is a stylistic advantage. The moment Kenobi goes aggressive, switching from Soresu to Ataru, it would be to Dooku's benefit.

Fair points, actually.
AlakanSpacewalker
AlakanSpacewalker

January 16th 2020, 12:20 pm
IG (Exists) wrote:
AlakanSpacewalker wrote:

RotS >>> Old Ben
Canon Ben >>>

Canon Ben is not above RotS Kenobi unless you have evidence my friend.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

January 16th 2020, 12:22 pm
@AlakanSpacewalker: Perhaps Logic? There's nothing saying he's weaker, and he's able to contend with Prime Vader (who's >>>> ROTS Kenobi).
AlakanSpacewalker
AlakanSpacewalker

January 16th 2020, 12:34 pm
IG (Exists) wrote:@AlakanSpacewalker: Perhaps Logic? There's nothing saying he's weaker, and he's able to contend with Prime Vader (who's >>>> ROTS Kenobi).
Read the Kenobi novel for proof he’s weaker or listen to TPM behind the scenes where Lucas says “we’ve never seen real Jedi at work, all we’ve seen are crippled cyborgs, old men (like Ben), and little boys who learned from the old men. I thought Vader’s prime was ESB. Wut? Oh, and Rots Kenobi could match the power of not burned Vader who has been describe the superior two is burnt south at least three times (1: Rise of Darth Vader 2: RotS novel 3: Fightsaber). No matter how you slice it, RotS Kenobi is Kenobi’s prime.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

January 16th 2020, 12:35 pm
AlakanSpacewalker wrote:
IG (Exists) wrote:@AlakanSpacewalker: Perhaps Logic? There's nothing saying he's weaker, and he's able to contend with Prime Vader (who's >>>> ROTS Kenobi).
Read the Kenobi novel for proof he’s weaker or listen to TPM behind the scenes where Lucas says “we’ve never seen real Jedi at work, all we’ve seen are crippled cyborgs, old men (like Ben), and little boys who learned from the old men. I thought Vader’s prime was ESB. Wut? Oh, and Rots Kenobi could match the power of not burned Vader who has been describe the superior two is burnt south at least three times (1: Rise of Darth Vader 2: RotS novel 3: Fightsaber). No matter how you slice it, RotS Kenobi is Kenobi’s prime.
That's legends... this is a canon thread kek.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

January 16th 2020, 12:39 pm
Dooku stomps via proximity to Vader
AlakanSpacewalker
AlakanSpacewalker

January 16th 2020, 12:49 pm
IG (Exists) wrote:
AlakanSpacewalker wrote:

Oh... well he still looked and acted like he was in his 80s which leads me to believe he had some aging involved. Plus matching the power of unburned Anakin >>> losing to to burnt one who was very cautious and almost holding back against him because he didn’t want to be turned into a burnt husk again.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

January 16th 2020, 12:52 pm
AlakanSpacewalker wrote:
IG (Exists) wrote:
AlakanSpacewalker wrote:

Oh... well he still looked and acted like he was in his 80s which leads me to believe he had some aging involved. Plus matching the power of unburned Anakin >>> losing to to burnt one who was very cautious and almost holding back against him because he didn’t want to be turned into a burnt husk again.
There's nothing in canon saying that vader was hindered though. And rebels disproves the notion of Kenobi being old and out of his prime. The special effects of the time weren't capable of showing this. Suit Vader >>>> Anakin in canon anyway.
AlakanSpacewalker
AlakanSpacewalker

January 16th 2020, 1:16 pm
IG (Exists) wrote:
AlakanSpacewalker wrote:
IG (Exists) wrote:
AlakanSpacewalker wrote:

There's nothing in canon saying that vader was hindered though. And rebels disproves the notion of Kenobi being old and out of his prime. The special effects of the time weren't capable of showing this. Suit Vader >>>> Anakin in canon anyway.

Oh, I keep forgetting this is the Disney versions cause I don’t really read that much of Disney canon other than the Darth Vader comics, the flagship Star Wars run by Aaron, a few issues of Age of Republic, a bit of Darth Maul stuff, and the Anakin and Obi Wan comic; that’s about it. Just because Kenobi tricked a weakened post prime Maul into making a bad move doesn’t mean he’s still in his prime. Then why do all versions of the ANH comics and novels not paint the fight in any new light with the characters being faster and better swordsmen? There has to be an in universe explanation for that. Also i think a writer once said Legends books that tied into the movies are technically canon until Disney properly retcons them. Also how is Vader above his not crippled self in Disney canon?
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

January 16th 2020, 1:39 pm
@AlakanSpacewalker It's stated in Lords of the Sith, and Hidalgo (I think) said that Rebels is his prime.
AlakanSpacewalker
AlakanSpacewalker

January 16th 2020, 1:50 pm
IG (Exists) wrote:@AlakanSpacewalker It's stated in Lords of the Sith, and Hidalgo (I think) said that Rebels is his prime.
Just because Vader said “being burnt peeled back a layer of flesh to Reveal himself” or something like that doesn’t mean that he was actually stronger than he was in RotS. And can you link me the interview where Pablo says that because just saying he said it without proof isn’t evidence.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

January 16th 2020, 2:03 pm
AlakanSpacewalker wrote:
IG (Exists) wrote:@AlakanSpacewalker It's stated in Lords of the Sith, and Hidalgo (I think) said that Rebels is his prime.
Just because Vader said “being burnt peeled back a layer of flesh to Reveal himself” or something like that doesn’t mean that he was actually stronger than he was in RotS. And can you link me the interview where Pablo says that because just saying he said it without proof isn’t evidence.

This is the source that people cite: https://youtu.be/mTkd0MKEm2I?t=131

But Pablo's statement is very ambigious.
AlakanSpacewalker
AlakanSpacewalker

January 16th 2020, 2:42 pm
Latham2000 wrote:
AlakanSpacewalker wrote:

This is the source that people cite: https://youtu.be/mTkd0MKEm2I?t=131

But Pablo's statement is very ambigious.

I got it, though that statement is contradicted by other statements...
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

January 16th 2020, 2:43 pm
No it isn’t..
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum