Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Gideon/Tempest
Gideon/Tempest

Yoda V Sidious (Rematch) - Page 4 Empty Re: Yoda V Sidious (Rematch)

September 20th 2019, 9:54 pm
DarthAnt66 wrote:
Gideon/Tempest wrote:
DarthAnt66 wrote:
Azronger wrote:
DarthAnt66 wrote:
"In large part"? While the deaths of the Jedi contributed, the initial imbalance was due to Sheev's power which created a self-feeding loop - that's given far more emphasis in a variety of sources than the single line from the junior novelization noting the dark side was gaining strength with the Jedi's death. Not to mention that when he dies, the Force is balanced again, with whatever dark side taint Order 66 left seemingly being negligible.

I'm saying the "ascendant dark side" in that quote refers to the deaths of all the Jedi / the rise of the Empire.

The dark side had been ascendant for years. I don't see that quote talking specifically about the last few hours/days.

They wouldn't refer to something that's already been the norm for a long period of time. It makes more sense if they're referring to thousands of Jedi dying and the Sith taking galactic power, which obviously would cause a big shift in the Force.

I do recall a line from some reference guide that mentions Yoda's spirit being broken by the deaths of so many Jedi. I'll see if I can find it.  Yoda V Sidious (Rematch) - Page 4 1668617588

Are you thinking of Head-to-Head? I think that would more apply after his defeat vs Palpatine.

No, I don't think so. I seem to recall a passage from some reference guide that says something to the effect of: "Yoda withdraws from his fight with the Emperor, his spirit perhaps broken by the deaths of so many Jedi."

Also, hop on the TROS spoiler channel please.
MP
Moderator | Champion of Darkness
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

September 21st 2019, 12:52 am
I’d say the ritual fight is evidence that the two appear to be deadset even before the dark side shift due to Order 66. Not sure though.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

September 21st 2019, 4:57 am
DarthAnt66 wrote:
Azronger wrote:
DarthAnt66 wrote:
"In large part"? While the deaths of the Jedi contributed, the initial imbalance was due to Sheev's power which created a self-feeding loop - that's given far more emphasis in a variety of sources than the single line from the junior novelization noting the dark side was gaining strength with the Jedi's death. Not to mention that when he dies, the Force is balanced again, with whatever dark side taint Order 66 left seemingly being negligible.

I'm saying the "ascendant dark side" in that quote refers to the deaths of all the Jedi / the rise of the Empire.

The dark side had been ascendant for years. I don't see that quote talking specifically about the last few hours/days.

They wouldn't refer to something that's already been the norm for a long period of time. It makes more sense if they're referring to thousands of Jedi dying and the Sith taking galactic power, which obviously would cause a big shift in the Force.

Why wouldn't they? Why does that make more sense? The imbalance has been the reason for the Jedi losing their powers and the Sith gaining strength for years now.

Although I disagree with you on that particular quote, I did re-check the junior novel for this, which does seem to refer to the results of Order 66 (the bit about the dark side growing stronger with every Jedi death also comes from the junior novel):

Strong, this Sith Lord is, Yoda thought as their lightsabers whirled and clashed and whirled again. It should not have been a surprise. With the strength of the dark side growing, the Sith must, logically, have grown stronger, too. But always before, his own years of study and practice and his own strength with the Force had been more than enough to prevail. This time, he wasn’t sure.

Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith junior novel
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum