1 - 50%
0 - 0%
0 - 0%

Total Votes: 2
DC77 (Reborn)
DC77 (Reborn)
Level Five
Level Five

General Election opinions? Empty General Election opinions?

on November 27th 2019, 5:10 pm
For those in the UK, which party do you support in the upcoming election.

OT-Conservative.
DC77 (Reborn)
DC77 (Reborn)
Level Five
Level Five

General Election opinions? Empty Re: General Election opinions?

on November 27th 2019, 5:12 pm
BoD
BoD
Level Four
Level Four

on November 27th 2019, 5:28 pm
Doesn't matter, we're f*cked either way. Green Party will be getting my vote because I can't support either the Tories (who are utter scumbags) or Labour (whose leader is a day dreamer and supported by moronic frontbenchers). Both of their manifestos will hurt the working class and those struggling to make ends meet, push the deficit even higher, and (in Labour's case) cause another recession.
The Dragon Of The West
The Dragon Of The West
Level Three
Level Three

on November 27th 2019, 5:34 pm
I'm more in favour of the Tories or Lib Dems than Labour, but honestly, I'm not really in support of any of them.
BoD
BoD
Level Four
Level Four

on November 27th 2019, 5:40 pm
Not sure how anyone can support the Tories rn, tbh.
DC77 (Reborn)
DC77 (Reborn)
Level Five
Level Five

on November 27th 2019, 5:45 pm
BreakofDawn wrote:Doesn't matter, we're f*cked either way. Green Party will be getting my vote because I can't support either the Tories (who are utter scumbags) or Labour (whose leader is a day dreamer and supported by moronic frontbenchers). Both of their manifestos will hurt the working class and those struggling to make ends meet, push the deficit even higher, and (in Labour's case) cause another recession.

Cringe.
BoD
BoD
Level Four
Level Four

on November 27th 2019, 5:48 pm
@DC77 (Reborn) wrote:
BreakofDawn wrote:Doesn't matter, we're f*cked either way. Green Party will be getting my vote because I can't support either the Tories (who are utter scumbags) or Labour (whose leader is a day dreamer and supported by moronic frontbenchers). Both of their manifestos will hurt the working class and those struggling to make ends meet, push the deficit even higher, and (in Labour's case) cause another recession.

Cringe.
If you'd like, I can give you a detailed, 500 word short essay on everything they've done that gets glossed over, backed up with empirical evidence. Will take me some time to do it but can give some fast examples now.

Also, you said you'd support the Conservatives, you don't really get to say "cringe" about anything.  General Election opinions? 4037459623
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Two
Level Two

on November 27th 2019, 5:51 pm
Don't know much about England's in politics but Corbyn seems to be an idiot. Conservatives are shit all around the world, don't know if England's are any different. About Sadiq Khan, I don't think he is a good mayor. What about the rest?
BoD
BoD
Level Four
Level Four

on November 27th 2019, 5:59 pm
@HellfireUnit wrote:Don't know much about England's in politics but Corbyn seems to be an idiot. Conservatives are shit all around the world, don't know if England's are any different. About Sadiq Khan, I don't think he is a good mayor. What about the rest?
Corbyn's an idealistic fool with no idea of how to run a government.
Sadiq Khan is a scapegoat for Tory austerity, but no he's not a very good mayor.
Boris Johnson is a coward and a fool.
Nigel Farage is a complete wanker.
Jo Swinson is a closet conservative.

Honestly, only a few politicians (mainly backbench MPs) are halfway decent anymore.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Two
Level Two

on November 27th 2019, 6:01 pm
Hmm, still better than my country by miles, lol. However EU seems to be falling apart slowly. Middle and working class will suffer nonetheless, as it always have been.
DC77 (Reborn)
DC77 (Reborn)
Level Five
Level Five

on November 27th 2019, 6:08 pm
@BreakofDawn I want an essay on why the Conservatives suck, and why Boris is a fool.

@HellfireUnit Conservatives are the only party worth a damn tbh. Corbyn, the SNP and Swinson are undemocratic retards that should die in a fire.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Two
Level Two

on November 27th 2019, 6:19 pm
It always start like that though. Then conservatives begin to fuck up everything. Been quite years since the idiotic conservatives began to rule here in Turkey. Country is on the edge of collapsing honestly. Only good thing about the Western conservatives is they are against the Islam. But hostility created even more conflicts and divides the citizens.
BoD
BoD
Level Four
Level Four

on November 27th 2019, 6:49 pm
 I want an essay on why the Conservatives suck,

First, economics:

Figure 1: GDP growth under the Conservatives.

General Election opinions? Screen48
Note the decline upon the 2015 election of a solely Conservative government.

Example 2: Poverty rates.

In 2017-18 the Resolution Foundation reckons the official poverty rate increased from 22.1% to 23.2%, the child poverty rate rose in 2017-18 from 30.3% to 33.4%. Cuts to benefits and inflation are blamed for the rise, benefit levels have remained unchanged in money terms while inflation erodes their real value.

Example 3: Benefits.

New benefit cuts that could cost the hardest-hit single parents more than £6,000 by 2019 are set to come into force next week, a hangover from the chancellorship of George Osborne , who was sacked by Theresa May last July after the EU referendum.
The changes coming into force on 5 April include limiting the child element of support to the first two children and removing the family element of support for new claimants of tax credit and universal credit, meaning families will start to be affected from 2019 onwards.

-

Not to mention Twatborne's attempt to cut disability benefits:

George Osborne  refused to apologise for attempting to make £4.4bn of benefit cuts for people with disabilities as he defended his controversial budget that sparked the resignation of the work and pensions secretary.

Will get back to this with more facts and statistics later.

Next, policing and crime:

Spoiler:

The number of police officers in England and Wales fell  by 20,600 between March 2010 and March 2019, down to 123,200 officers (126,300 including those from the British Transport Police and those on secondment).

Figure 2: Number of police officers in the UK, broken down by year:

General Election opinions? All10

-

Knife crime is at a record high:

Knife crime in England and Wales has increased again, according to the latest figures from police forces.
In the 12 months to the end of June 2019, knife crime offences rose by 7%, reaching a record high.
But the picture on knife crime is mixed - with a fall in the number of homicides related to knife crime.
The data, from the Office for National Statistics, also found a 11% rise in the number of recorded robberies, while fraud offences went up by 15%.
According to the ONS, which published its latest figures  on Thursday, the number of offences involving a knife or sharp instrument increased from just over 41,000 in the year to June 2018 to just over 44,000 in the last 12 months.
The knife crim
e figures do not include Greater Manchester Police, because of a previous problem with their recording methods.
It marks a new record level since 2011, the year that knife crime statistics started to be gathered in a unified way.

-
Increase in knife and domestic abuse related crimes:

The annual ONS focus on violent crime shows deaths from knife crime among people aged 16 to 24 at a nine-year high, with 61 fatal stabbings in the year to March 2017 – the highest figure since 2008-9.

They also show an estimated 4.3 million women (26%) and 2.4 million men (15%) have experienced some form of domestic abuse since the age of 16. An estimated 1.2 million women (7.5%) and 713,000 men (4.3%) experienced some form of domestic abuse in the past year.

-

Increase in sexual crimes:

One in five women in England and Wales have been subject to sexual assault, official figures show, prompting renewed calls for an injection of funding into support centres for victims.
More than three million women are estimated to have been victims of offences including rape, indecent exposure or unwanted touching, according to figures released by the Office for National Statistics (ONS).

It said the Crime Survey for England and Wales (CSEW) estimated that 20 per cent of women and 4 per cent of men have experienced some type of sexual assault since the age of 16, equivalent to 3.4 million female victims and 631,000 male victims.

Next, NHS:

Spoiler:

More than 200,000 nurses  have quit the NHS  since the Conservatives entered government, with three-quarters of these prior to retirement age, new analysis shows.
Across the NHS voluntary resignations have risen 55 per cent since 2011 and 163,094 nurses left the NHS early, figures compiled by the Labour party show. 
2013: NHS blood plasma supplier privatised.
Claims to be building 40 new hospitals were also bogus - they're actually renovating about 13. 
Massive shortage of nurses:
The Royal College of Nursing (RCN) said an increase in numbers would be welcome, but pointed out that there is already a shortfall of 43,000 nurses in England alone.
Decrease in spending on the NHS under the Conservatives:
General Election opinions? Screen49
The IFS says: “UK public health spending grew in real terms by an average of 1.3 per cent per year between 2009-10 and 2015-16.”

Defence:
Spoiler:
Britain’s armed forces have been devastated in six years of Tory control.
Army  numbers have fallen from 102,000 to just below 80,000 – the fewest since the 1850s. The RAF and Royal Navy have also been slashed.
Privacy and protection of human rights:
Spoiler:
Investigatory Powers Act, 2016.
PRISM Scandal, 2013.

Voting record (Boris Johnson):
Spoiler:
Iraq War: For.
Iraq War - seeking support of UN Security Council: Against.
Air strikes in Syria: For.
Fox hunting ban: Against.
Measures to prevent climate change, e.g. 2016 carbon reduction target: Against.
Requiring energy providers to employ strategies for carbon capture and storage: Against.
Lower taxes for higher earners: For.
Higher taxes on banks: Against.
Household benefits cap: For.
Cuts to universal credit for those in work: For.

I'll put more a bit later. Have to do some more in-depth research.

Last edited by BreakofDawn on November 27th 2019, 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
BoD
BoD
Level Four
Level Four

on November 27th 2019, 6:54 pm
And my personal favourite: leading the UK into Brexit with no clear plan, no guarantee we'll benefit in the long term (spoiler: we won't), no pre-arranged deals with neighbouring trade partners, dismissing the drastic fall in the value of the pound sterling as though it doesn't matter, and, of course, the constant, infuriating lying to our faces despite everyone knowing the truth.
DC77 (Reborn)
DC77 (Reborn)
Level Five
Level Five

on November 27th 2019, 7:12 pm
HMMMMMMMMM. I'll get back to this next weekend if my workload lowers, if not then I'll do it whenever.
BoD
BoD
Level Four
Level Four

on November 27th 2019, 7:18 pm
Fine by me. Just to clarify: I'm not saying a Labour government would be better. If anything, Corbyn, that twit Abbott and Mcdonnell would be worse, so if it came down to the two I'd choose the Conservatives every time. Labour have gone far too left-wing for my tastes.
LadyKulvax
LadyKulvax
Level One
Level One

on November 27th 2019, 9:08 pm
BreakofDawn wrote:Not sure how anyone can support the Tories rn, tbh.
BoD
BoD
Level Four
Level Four

on November 27th 2019, 10:58 pm
Oh, and just so add: if you think the people who tried to invade your privacy, cut disabled benefits, cut nurses and cut police officers aren't scumbags, there is something alarmingly skewed where your moral compass is concerned.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum