Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

Savage Opress vs Plo Koon rematch Empty Savage Opress vs Plo Koon rematch

October 28th 2019, 8:39 am
Standard shit, both in their primes, no distractions, BFRs or retarded clone troopers about. Fight takes place in the exact same location that they fought in Sith Hunters.
MP
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

Savage Opress vs Plo Koon rematch Empty Re: Savage Opress vs Plo Koon rematch

October 28th 2019, 8:48 am
Same outcome  Savage Opress vs Plo Koon rematch 1076326320
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

October 28th 2019, 9:45 am
Plo Koon. Duel was pretty even before Plo got distracted.

Savage Opress vs Plo Koon rematch Main-q10Savage Opress vs Plo Koon rematch Main-q12Savage Opress vs Plo Koon rematch Main-q11Savage Opress vs Plo Koon rematch Main-q13Savage Opress vs Plo Koon rematch Main-q14
MP

October 28th 2019, 9:47 am
By even, you mean where there's a squad of troopers firing at Savage the whole fight?
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

October 28th 2019, 9:48 am
Meatpants wrote:By even, you mean where there's a squad of troopers firing at Savage the whole fight?
You mean the squad he blasted off the platform a panel later?
MP

October 28th 2019, 10:07 am
He was still getting shot at after he blasted those troopers off.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

October 28th 2019, 10:25 am
Umm, no. He was being shot at by the one Clone who wasn't knocked off the platform after he recovered. We see at least 3 panels where the two are exchanging blows and lightsaber strikes without any Clone interference. When the Clone got back into the fight, he was almost instantly eliminated then Plo got cheap-shotted.

Savage Opress vs Plo Koon rematch Main-q17Savage Opress vs Plo Koon rematch Main-q16Savage Opress vs Plo Koon rematch Main-q15
MP

October 28th 2019, 10:38 am
Point is, he's having to divert his attention twice during the duel. And what proof do we have that Koon would have won the duel?
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

October 28th 2019, 10:41 am
Aside from the fact that he very nearly lands a killing blow on Savage during their exchange (see second scan in my previous post), the two were pretty even until Plo got distracted. The duel could go either way, IMO. I simply favour Plo because of his skill edge.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

October 28th 2019, 12:43 pm
Koon for sure
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

October 28th 2019, 1:02 pm
He inflicted a wound on Opress, but this was before Maul instructed Savage how to use pain to harness rage and shit. If Koon wounds Opress again in this scenario, that will more than likely infuriate Opress and make him fight more intensely, given that this is Opress as of the Lawlesss, as opposed to the Savage Opress who hadn’t been taught how to turn pain into strength.
Bart
Bart

October 28th 2019, 9:09 pm
Message reputation : 100% (8 votes)
I honestly struggle to understand why people think that whenever character X beats character Y that means Xis consistently > Y.

Fights are random. All fighting, all martial arts, all comeptition, it's all random. You can see it in every possible form of martial competition, in car racing, in everything. They are incredibly random. It's the nature of any kind of fighting that it's random, and it also what makes it interesting to read/watch. Shortly after watching a good fight and its result, people like to use it as the one and only outcome possible, like it was destined from a start, lol, even though they would never deem it that ridiculously obvious before watching the actual fight. And I'm not talking about some discernible one-sided matches naturally, but about good fights. Fighting is random. Fights are put into a story because we aren't supposed to know how they will end. Between characters of similar levels it's always a toss-up. People win fights just because they do, because they have luck. Not because some 10% power advantage makes them win 10/10.

I'm not talking about some Drew Karpyshyn-level bullshit. Tiers do exist, and hell, indeed character X can have this 10% power advantage over character Y, yes, that's why we're here, but this kind of advantage doesn't really mean much in a fight.

It's a rule in real life, it's also rule in fiction and dramatic storytelling, but hell, it's also something you can see in Star Wars itself. Look at Savage Opress himself actually. In one fight, we have him and Maul beating Kenobi in an instant, with Savage actually doing 90% of the job. It wasn't like Kenobi was took completely unprepared, although he entered the fight a bit too suddenly and with an opponent that showed up moments before Obi-Wan got his saber. It was enough for this result. Then look at Florrum, where you have Kenobi with additional saber giving Maul and Savage a fight of their life, dismembering Savage in the midst of 2v1 fight before getting BFRd by Maul. It happens in SW, it happens in the same era, it happens to the same character we see in this thread.

So no, I don't see the fight in the comic as blatant Savage > Plo. Plo lost in a good fight. It wasn't a stomp, he wasn't overpowered hard. His backup was just a few clones, and we've actually seen that this is a stomp-level territory and how little support like that matters in a fight between guys of this powerlevel. Just as I adequately don't see Ventress winning one fight against Fisto in Cestus Deception as some solid Ventress > Fisto proof.

I see RotS Anakin as > Dooku clearly, though, given how extremely the novel emphasized how outclassed Dooku was. I see Maul >> Qui-Gon extremely decisively, given he fought him and great opponent in the person of Kenobi, both at once before getting Qui-Gon finally separated. Etc.

So no, I wouldn't say Savage wins because "already happened" - yeah, one fight. Look not further than SW itself and see how people in the same tier win one fight, lose another fight. And it's my rule for all of SW, just using this thread as a good place to describe that.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

October 29th 2019, 6:50 pm
Savage.
Lord Eon
Lord Eon

May 15th 2020, 5:28 am
Savage
Seturna
Seturna
Level One
Level One

May 15th 2020, 6:34 am
Savage rips of plo’s mask A G A I N
Gianfi
Gianfi

May 15th 2020, 6:51 am
Savage. Plo had help from a clone squad and still lost. Savage even landed a kick in him before taking off his mask. Btw, is that comic still considered canon?
TheNuisanceBird
TheNuisanceBird

May 15th 2020, 10:11 am
Gianfi wrote:Savage. Plo had help from a clone squad and still lost. Savage even landed a kick in him before taking off his mask. Btw, is that comic still considered canon?

As far as I'm concerned any TCW tie in material is.
Foxtrot Jay 16
Foxtrot Jay 16

May 22nd 2020, 3:33 pm
Savage still wins. Koon had help and still lost.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

May 22nd 2020, 3:43 pm
Koon
TheNuisanceBird
TheNuisanceBird

May 22nd 2020, 9:03 pm
The fight even by itself could be considered a win for Savage. 

On even ground I'd say Savage eventually wears Plo down. Savage going into supa mode isn't anything Koon has answers for.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

May 22nd 2020, 9:04 pm
savage still wins
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum