Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

Darth Bane & Darth Zannah vs Qui-Gon Jinn & Obi-Wan Kenobi (TPM) Empty Darth Bane & Darth Zannah vs Qui-Gon Jinn & Obi-Wan Kenobi (TPM)

October 22nd 2019, 11:04 pm
Prime versions for Sith team, TPM iterations for the Jedi.
Fight to the death.
10 metres apart.

R1: Sabers.
R2: Force.
R3: All-out.
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

Darth Bane & Darth Zannah vs Qui-Gon Jinn & Obi-Wan Kenobi (TPM) Empty Re: Darth Bane & Darth Zannah vs Qui-Gon Jinn & Obi-Wan Kenobi (TPM)

October 23rd 2019, 12:04 am
R1: Jedi

R2: Sith

R3: Either way
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

Darth Bane & Darth Zannah vs Qui-Gon Jinn & Obi-Wan Kenobi (TPM) Empty Re: Darth Bane & Darth Zannah vs Qui-Gon Jinn & Obi-Wan Kenobi (TPM)

October 23rd 2019, 2:09 am
Sith stomp, either can solo
MP
Moderator | Champion of Darkness
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

October 23rd 2019, 3:31 am
In pure sabers, Jedi might be able to pull it off. Slight majority.

In Force, Sith win.

All out, Sith.

It is not a stomp though.
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

October 23rd 2019, 12:40 pm
Jedi win every round quite comfortably. Jinn is above Hypori!Sheev so he solos, Kenobi is not far behind so he solos as well.

Good thread.
O-Siri
O-Siri

October 24th 2019, 6:34 pm
Bane and Jinn are evenly matched in stats and skill and stylistically well matched, but I can see Bane gaining the advantage through some cunning maneuver as he did with Raskta and as Maul did to finish Jinn.

Obi-Wan admitted in RotS that Soresu was the only form he believed he was truly proficient in so I don't think he can match Bane or Zannah as of TPM in his normal state. 

Not sure about Jinn vs Zannah, but I'm confident that at the very least she can hold Jinn off long enough for Bane to finish Kenobi and come to her aid.

Last edited by O-Siri on October 25th 2019, 2:00 am; edited 1 time in total
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

October 24th 2019, 6:43 pm
Until Jinn can move fast enough to deflect a complete downpour for 10 whole mins without getting wet, and base TPM Kenobi is capable of not being crap I’ll side with Bane for a solid solo
O-Siri
O-Siri

October 24th 2019, 8:37 pm
CuckedCurry wrote:Until Jinn can move fast enough to deflect a complete downpour for 10 whole mins without getting wet, and base TPM Kenobi is capable of not being crap I’ll side with Bane for a solid solo
Jinn deflecting grenade shrapnel is a pretty good match for the rain feat.

Secrets of the Jedi wrote:He rolled a Merr-Sonn fragmentation grenade into the center of the room. It exploded immediately, sending shrapnel in all directions. He rolled to a stop, crouching behind a lightweight shield. Qui-Gon felt the air shimmer with the blast, and the shrapnel exploded around him. He leaped in front of Obi-Wan and Siri to protect them. It was hard for even a Jedi Master to deflect grenade shrapnel. It was fast, unpredictable, random. It took all of Qui-Gon and Adi's concentration to block it.
Syndiciate
Syndiciate
Level One
Level One

October 24th 2019, 11:13 pm
Zannah dominates Kenobi's mind. Jinn loses to the duo.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

October 25th 2019, 2:21 am
O-Siri wrote:
CuckedCurry wrote:Until Jinn can move fast enough to deflect a complete downpour for 10 whole mins without getting wet, and base TPM Kenobi is capable of not being crap I’ll side with Bane for a solid solo

Secrets of the Jedi wrote:He rolled a Merr-Sonn fragmentation grenade into the center of the room. It exploded immediately, sending shrapnel in all directions. He rolled to a stop, crouching behind a lightweight shield. Qui-Gon felt the air shimmer with the blast, and the shrapnel exploded around him. He leaped in front of Obi-Wan and Siri to protect them. It was hard for even a Jedi Master to deflect grenade shrapnel. It was fast, unpredictable, random. It took all of Qui-Gon and Adi's concentration to block it.

Not at all comparable
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

October 25th 2019, 11:11 am
CuckedCurry wrote:
O-Siri wrote:

Not at all comparable
Not taking a side here as I believe they're not comparable, but:

"At sea level, a large raindrop about 5 millimeters across (house-fly size) falls at the rate of 9 meters per second (20 miles per hour). Drizzle drops (less than 0.5 mm across, i.e., salt-grain size) fall at 2 meters per second (4.5 mph)." Rain is the liquid form of precipitation on Earth."

But what makes grenade shrapnel so deadly is the speed with which it is dispersed. No shotgun round could match the burn velocity of the average frag grenade's charge. ... They detonate at the combined velocity of 8,050 mps, or about 24,000 feet per second.

8,050 mps = 18007.34 mph. 

For a more standard example:

[ltr]A quick search based on the initial velocity of a perfectly spherical fragment from the composition-b explosive of an American M-61 fragmentation grenade yielded 480 meters per second. This is higher than the initial velocity of most pistol cartridges- .45 ACP and 9x19mm parabellum cartridges from pistol-length barrels fall about 10–30% below this, including +P and +P+ variants, and about 50–60% of a 5.56 NATO cartridge fired from a rifle-length barrel.[/ltr]
[ltr]480 m/s works out to about 1,070mph, for reference.[/ltr]

[ltr]I imagine a Star Wars grenade is even faster.[/ltr]
Bart
Bart

October 25th 2019, 11:20 am
Honestly, if you buy Banite scaling in the slightest, with the lowest common denominator possible, Jinn and Kenobi receive just too much scaling from being Maul's opposition, unless you really lowball their showings against Maul. They just scale above them in overall rating.

Case can be made for Kenobi being the weak link against Zannah, though. Jinn is superior to either of the duo, but can't match both at the same time, so if this case can be supported, Sith win.

I don't see that as more viable than the Jedi just being superior in combat and winning 7-8/10 all out, and 10/10 in sabers. There is no contest to be had in sabers.

However, the Sith win the Force round. It's mostly because the Jedi have no specific tools to counterattack the Banites; they can resist, put up a fight, but lack offensive tools beyond simple telekinesis and rudimentary mindtricks that won't work against their opponents. Bane and Zannah may tire themselves to enormous extent maybe, but they can't really lose, since the Jedi can't do anything to truly hurt them. They would need outstanding advantage in Force power to win via TK, and they don't have that.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

October 25th 2019, 11:57 am
WalkingInCircles (away) wrote:
CuckedCurry wrote:
O-Siri wrote:

Not at all comparable
Not taking a side here as I believe they're not comparable, but:

"At sea level, a large raindrop about 5 millimeters across (house-fly size) falls at the rate of 9 meters per second (20 miles per hour). Drizzle drops (less than 0.5 mm across, i.e., salt-grain size) fall at 2 meters per second (4.5 mph)." Rain is the liquid form of precipitation on Earth."

But what makes grenade shrapnel so deadly is the speed with which it is dispersed. No shotgun round could match the burn velocity of the average frag grenade's charge. ... They detonate at the combined velocity of 8,050 mps, or about 24,000 feet per second.

8,050 mps = 18007.34 mph. 

For a more standard example:

[ltr]A quick search based on the initial velocity of a perfectly spherical fragment from the composition-b explosive of an American M-61 fragmentation grenade yielded 480 meters per second. This is higher than the initial velocity of most pistol cartridges- .45 ACP and 9x19mm parabellum cartridges from pistol-length barrels fall about 10–30% below this, including +P and +P+ variants, and about 50–60% of a 5.56 NATO cartridge fired from a rifle-length barrel.[/ltr]

[ltr]480 m/s works out to about 1,070mph, for reference.[/ltr]

[ltr]I imagine a Star Wars grenade is even faster.[/ltr]

A much better showing than I initially believed actually, but I still hold Bane’s showing in a higher regard
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum