Suspect Insight Forums
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
BoD (Away)
Level Six
Level Six

Favourite quote(s)? - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite quote(s)?

on March 19th 2020, 1:20 am
@NotAA3 wrote:"Alright well thank you for your time and for showing that anger is not part of American political discourse Mr Shapiro."
Andrew Neil is an actual legend.
Sjuttiosju
Sjuttiosju
Level Seven
Level Seven

on March 23rd 2020, 7:53 am
Slade, Teen Titans Season 3 Episode 5: Haunted wrote:No, Robin. I won't stop. Not now, not ever. I am the thing that keeps you up at night, the evil that haunts every dark corner of your mind. I will never rest. And neither will you.
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

on April 2nd 2020, 8:50 am
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent K, Men in Black.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Two
Level Two

on July 6th 2020, 6:57 pm
“I've proved my point. I've demonstrated there's no difference between me and everyone else! All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day. You had a bad day once, am I right? I know I am. I can tell. You had a bad day and everything changed. Why else would you dress up as a flying rat? You had a bad day, and it drove you as crazy as everybody else... Only you won't admit it! You have to keep pretending that life makes sense, that there's some point to all this struggling! God you make me want to puke. I mean, what is it with you? What made you what you are? Girlfriend killed by the mob, maybe? Brother carved up by some mugger? Something like that, I bet. Something like that... Something like that happened to me, you know. I... I'm not exactly sure what it was. Sometimes I remember it one way, sometimes another... If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice! Ha ha ha! But my point is... My point is, I went crazy. When I saw what a black, awful joke the world was, I went crazy as a coot! I admit it! Why can't you? I mean, you're not unintelligent! You must see the reality of the situation. Do you know how many times we've come close to world war three over a flock of geese on a computer screen? Do you know what triggered the last world war? An argument over how many telegraph poles Germany owed its war debt creditors! Telegraph poles! HA HA HA HA HA! It's all a joke! Everything anybody ever valued or struggled for... it's all a monstrous, demented gag! So why can't you see the funny side? Why aren't you laughing?” — The Joker, The Killing Joke.

Scans:

Spoiler:
Favourite quote(s)? - Page 2 N83q7Al61YMSbsvcGq0IODnaBFcKw2LhlfNDKQToAsv4wymf1GOLoE47KPqAXVELEA0Wm5wyzdces0 Favourite quote(s)? - Page 2 Kn4i6TOYQHpsooQNjVvhTNglFsuVnejCi2ArCk17sSuCjUZe_YGUW8qppxat3sE_47lFrClPkQZbs0
The Slick Obi
The Slick Obi

on July 6th 2020, 8:26 pm
"You're both paranoid. She's afraid of John Mitchell, and you're of Walter Cronkite."
                        Bob Woodward - All the President's Men

[size=38]"You will travel far, my little Kal-El. But we will never leave you, even in the face of our deaths. The richness of our lives, it will be yours. All that I have, all that I've learned, everything I feel, all this and more, I bequeath you my son. You will carry me inside you all the days of your life. You will make my strength your own, see my life through your eyes, as your life will be seen through mine. The son becomes the father and the father the son."[/size]

[size=38]                   Jor-El - Superman (1978) [/size]

[size=38]Now this is a verse and not a quote but, ehh - [/size]

[size=34]Here's another point in life you should not miss [/size]
[size=34]Do not be a fool who's prejudiced [/size]
[size=34]Because we're all written down on the same list [/size]

[size=34]                       Run DMC[/size]
Meatpants
Meatpants
Moderator | Champion of Darkness
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

on July 6th 2020, 8:42 pm
How could you ever hope to know the threat you face when you have never walked in the dark places of the galaxy, faced war and death on such a scale? If you had travelled far enough, rather than waiting for the echo to reach you, perhaps you would have seen it for what it was.

Did you not hear its call on Dantooine, Vrook, on its scarred surface, and the minds of the settlers? I have endured your corruption of my other students; you shall not have this one. 

And you, Kavar, so close to the call of Dxun, tell me: did you not feel what poured from the moon, what had taken place there? 

And Zez-Kai Ell, to hide upon Nar Shaddaa, yet blind yourself to all that happens there.

So close to understanding the Force... so close to giving it up. 
BigMouthPrick
BigMouthPrick

on July 7th 2020, 1:58 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
"But I want to say one thing to the American people. I want you to listen to me. I'm going to say this again: I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky. I never told anybody to lie. Not a single time. Never. These allegations are false. And I need to go back to work for the American people."
          — Bill Clinton
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Three
Level Three

on July 7th 2020, 2:32 am
Why are you gay?
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Two
Level Two

on July 7th 2020, 3:06 am
@HellfireUnit wrote:Why are you gay?
prolly from joining SI.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Two
Level Two

on July 7th 2020, 3:08 am
@Sjuttiosju wrote:
Slade, Teen Titans Season 3 Episode 5: Haunted wrote:No, Robin. I won't stop. Not now, not ever. I am the thing that keeps you up at night, the evil that haunts every dark corner of your mind. I will never rest. And neither will you.
i do wonder why they seem to make batman so extremely serious and cold in some stories, but completely relatable in others. like, cant u make the fucker consistent??
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Two
Level Two

on July 7th 2020, 6:05 am
@lorenzo.r.2nd wrote:
@Sjuttiosju wrote:
i do wonder why they seem to make batman so extremely serious and cold in some stories, but completely relatable in others. like, cant u make the fucker consistent??
Different writers shitting on each other, duh. IIRC there’s even an inconsistency on whether Bruce wanted Dick Grayson to be his successor.
Sjuttiosju
Sjuttiosju
Level Seven
Level Seven

on July 7th 2020, 6:42 am
@lorenzo.r.2nd Why is Batman relevant to the quote I posted lol?
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Two
Level Two

on July 7th 2020, 7:49 am
@Sjuttiosju wrote:@lorenzo.r.2nd Why is Batman relevant to the quote I posted lol?
the quote reminds me of one the many ways they portrayed the dick/bruce fallout. some seem to make it batman the good guy who cant stand a little kid getting hurt, while others make batman out to be the "i dont accept failure, trash" type mentor.
Sjuttiosju
Sjuttiosju
Level Seven
Level Seven

on July 24th 2020, 1:58 am
“Painting is a metaphor for control. Every choice is mine. The canvas, the colour. As a child I had neither a sense of the world nor my place in it but art taught me that one's vision can be achieved with sheer force of will."
TheNuisanceBird
TheNuisanceBird

on July 24th 2020, 4:58 am
"Tragedy is, dying for what you believe in doesn't make it true." 

"Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power, so I'm right." 

^ Kevin Spacey Advanced Warfare

"Rules. Without them we'd live with the animals." 

^ Ian McShane, John Wick 2.
Thrawn
Thrawn

on July 29th 2020, 1:58 am

Men who crave power look back over the mistakes of their lives, pile them all together and call it destiny.- The Sorceress of Grayskull

This one always stayed with me.^ There's a nice life lesson there.

As did this one. Probably the best villain monologue of all time in my opinion.

Now, I Skeletor am Master of the Universe. Yes! I feel it. The power fills me. Yes! I feel the universe within me. I am...I am a part of the cosmos. Its energy flows...flows through me. Of what consequence are you now? This planet...these people...they are nothing to me. The universe's power! Pure unstoppable power! And I am that force! I am that power! Kneel before your master! Fool. You are no longer my equal! I am more than man. More than life. I am a god.

This exchange between Iluvatar and Melkor - God educating his children. Imagine being smacked down by God directly. Ouch.

Mighty are the Ainur, and mightiest among them is Melkor; but that he may know, and all the Ainur, that I am Iluvatar, those things that ye have sung, I will show them forth, that ye may see what ye have done. And thou, Melkor, shalt see that no theme may be played that hath not its uttermost source in me, nor can any alter the music in my despite. For he that attempteth this shall prove but mine instrument in the devising of things more wonderful, which he himself hath not imagined.

This one was pieced together form different passages in the ROTK novel and delivered by Gandalf in the Rankin Bass ROTK cartoon. I think it's epic.

Who causes the minutes to fall dead; adding up to no passing hour? Bringing no change from day to night, as the unseen sun fails to filter into the ever present shadows? Who is this dark lord who turns starless nights into sunless days? How does his piercing eyes see through the ever present darkness; seeing all and nothing? The restless mind in his dark tower wearing a veil of protective shadow he has woven from fear. And yet he fears too. In the security of his protected realm, he fears the winds of the world are turning against him, tearing aside his veils, and troubling him with tidings of bold spies that have passed through his fences.

John Huston was a great voice actor.

These were a few of my favorite that immediately come to mind.
SnowxElf
SnowxElf

on July 30th 2020, 10:30 am
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free (Goethe)

The victor will never be asked if he told the truth (Hitler)

no one is more hated than he who speaks the truth (Plato)

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety (Ben Franklin)

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery (Thomas Jefferson)

Favorite Villain quotes:

All creatures place their faith in someone more powerful than them and they cannot survive unless they blindly follow that person. The recipient of that faith then seeks out someone in an even higher position in order to escape that pressure. That person then seeks out someone even more powerful that he must put his faith in. In this way, all kings are born and in this way, all Gods are born. (Sosuke Aizen) 

Tell Me, What Do You Think Is The Ultimate Fear? I Really Thought That I'd Already Reached The Darkest part of the universe, But Then, Ahead Of Me, I Beheld A Darkness Even Greater Still. (Johan Liebert) 

I...? I... am a monument... to all your sins. (Gravemind)
Thrawn
Thrawn

on July 31st 2020, 8:29 am
I always liked this glimpse of Emperor Palpatine's inner most thoughts from the Return of the Jedi novel. I first read this 24 years ago? 25? These two paragraphs have always stuck with me are primarily the first thing I think of whenever Palpatine is mentioned:

For his soul was the black center of the Empire.

He contemplated the the dense impenetrability of the deep space beyond the window. Densely black as his soul - as if he were, in some real way , this blackness; as if his inner spirit was itself this void over which he reigned. He smiled at the thought: he was the Empire, ; he was the universe.

Behind him, he sense Vader still waiting in genuflection. How long had the Dark Lord been there? Five minutes? Ten? The Emperor was uncertain. No matter. The Emperor had not quite finished his meditation.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Two
Level Two

on August 7th 2020, 6:21 pm
“You sold us out, Clark. You gave them the power that should have been ours. Just like your parents taught you. My parents taught me a different lesson... lying on this street... shaking in deep shock... dying for no reason at all. They showed me that the world only makes sense when you force it to.” — Batman to Superman, The Dark Knight Returns.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum