Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MP
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

Mustafar!Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Mace Windu - Page 2 Empty Re: Mustafar!Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Mace Windu

October 15th 2019, 11:34 am
WalkingInCircles wrote:
Seturna wrote:Round 1: Obi wan since he defeated tier 9 anakin

Round 2: Mace

Round 3: either way tbh
Yeah, under heavy context. Mace also beat a bloodlusted Sidious, so this isn't really proof of Obi-Wan being superior.

Bloodlusted how? Lol 

Actually, it’s ironic, because Mace’s “victory” was also under heavy context.
MP

Mustafar!Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Mace Windu - Page 2 Empty Re: Mustafar!Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Mace Windu

October 15th 2019, 11:35 am
On the actual matchup, Windu is the solid superior.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

October 15th 2019, 11:43 am
Pretty sure the irony was purposeful, saying something to the effect of "I can go down that road too yah know".
MP

October 15th 2019, 11:47 am
Ah, good spot Mustafar!Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Mace Windu - Page 2 4233314142Mustafar!Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Mace Windu - Page 2 4233314142
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

October 15th 2019, 12:16 pm
DC77 (Reborn) wrote:Pretty sure the irony was purposeful, saying something to the effect of "I can go down that road too yah know".
Thank God someone spotted it.
Blade_of_Dorin
Blade_of_Dorin
Level One
Level One

October 15th 2019, 10:56 pm
 DC77 (Reborn) wrote:He's better on the tiering system and is stated to be a match for Dooku, who disposed of Kenobi with TK. That's good enough for me.
MFV is higher on the tiering system then Kenobi and Kenobi still found a way to win. And as a matter of a fact, he’s higher then Mace also, since MFV is a full blown 9 while Mace is an 8 bordering a 9. So while I don’t disagree with the claim that Mace wins, I don’t see this as a legitimate reason to be honest. 

Do you think that Kenobi’s familiarity with Anakin is what bridged the gap between the two on the tiering chart? Cause if so then that’s definitely plausible and would justify why you think Mace wins via being higher on the tiering system. Note that like I said above, I don’t necessarily disagree with you on this, I’m just trying to get an understanding as to why you think Mace wins.

Also, I don’t really find the TK stuff on the invisible hand as legitimate proof that Dooku can ragdoll Kenobi, not one bit.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

October 15th 2019, 11:06 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Do you think that Kenobi’s familiarity with Anakin is what bridged the gap between the two on the tiering chart? 

Absolutely. Kenobi's said to be "enormously" below tier 9s like Anakin. However, Kenobi "hardly had to think" to counter Anakin's attacks, and many blocks were literally "instinctual." That's removing the most difficult variable of any fight -- actually anticipating and blocking the attacks -- from the equation. Anakin's unprecedented lightsaber abilities are basically rendered irrelevant. It's true that Obi-Wan's still dealing with Anakin's raw speed and strength, but note those obstacles are mitigated via backpedaling the entire fight, purely using a form that hyper-emphasizes conserving energy, and having (obviously) naturally developed the optimal way to tackle Djem So power blows across thousands of sparring and fighting hours. Swap Kenobi with Yoda, Palpatine, or even Mace and we'll see a totally different fight.
Blade_of_Dorin
Blade_of_Dorin
Level One
Level One

October 16th 2019, 12:15 am
DarthAnt66 wrote:
Do you think that Kenobi’s familiarity with Anakin is what bridged the gap between the two on the tiering chart? 

Absolutely. Kenobi's said to be "enormously" below tier 9s like Anakin. However, Kenobi "hardly had to think" to counter Anakin's attacks, and many blocks were literally "instinctual." That's removing the most difficult variable of any fight -- actually anticipating and blocking the attacks -- from the equation. Anakin's unprecedented lightsaber abilities are basically rendered irrelevant. It's true that Obi-Wan's still dealing with Anakin's raw speed and strength, but note those obstacles are mitigated via backpedaling the entire fight, purely using a form that hyper-emphasizes conserving energy, and having (obviously) naturally developed the optimal way to tackle Djem So power blows across thousands of sparring and fighting hours. Swap Kenobi with Yoda, Palpatine, or even Mace and we'll see a totally different fight.
Yea I’m aware of all of this lol. I was just wondering if this is what DC had in mind.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum