Suspect Insight Forums

Go down
IG
IG
Level Two
Level Two

Who Was Banned From CV? Empty Who Was Banned From CV?

on Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:30 pm
And Why? Did you do something, or was Xman being an ass?
BoD
BoD
Level Four
Level Four

Who Was Banned From CV? Empty Re: Who Was Banned From CV?

on Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:47 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Nope, I'm a good boy who respects the rules so still hanging around there watching MyGod slaughter everyone.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level One
Level One

on Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:51 pm
Loads of people were banned not so long ago
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Two
Level Two

on Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:00 pm
BreakofDawn wrote:Nope, I'm a good boy who respects the rules so still hanging around there watching MyGod slaughter everyone.

Same, it is an amazing experience
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

on Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:40 pm
I was banned "for various acts of disruptive, antagonistic, and malicious behavior, including but not limited to: trolling, conspiracy to doxx, falsifying information to discredit users or to intentionally misinform users, using alts in order to troll, and bringing a generally toxic presence," alongside @LSDMB and friends.
Jake
Jake

on Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:03 pm
DC was doxxing CV members and posted screenshots of discord chats to frame us all.
SithSauce
SithSauce

on Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:59 am
@DarthAnt66 wrote:I was banned "for various acts of disruptive, antagonistic, and malicious behavior, including but not limited to: trolling, conspiracy to doxx, falsifying information to discredit users or to intentionally misinform users, using alts in order to troll, and bringing a generally toxic presence," alongside @LSDMB and friends.
Was it true?
LSDMB
LSDMB

on Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:27 am
There were two incidents on the discord, one of which involved a conflict with this guy in which a few users tried to trick him into either proving or disproving a rumor about him, which led to some serious drama where this guy posted a video to YouTube "calling comicvine out"

Then apparently some users on the discord forged some quotes to troll AP or something. But someone screenshotted the discord while this was going on. 

So from the two incidents JediXman just started banning anyone on the discord, and my name popped up in the list of people on the discord in the screenshots. I wasn't aware of either of these controversies after the fact, so I wasn't responsible for either of them, and there was no proof that I was responsible for any of them in any of the screenshots or in the "calling out comicvine video," JediXman just banned me through guilt by association.

I tried to appeal it to the mods, saying that it was an unreasonable standard to ban me via guilt by association, because it's unreasonable to expect me to be involved in, know about, or be responsible for everything happening in a discord community with 30 people with hundreds of messages posted per hour, but they ignored me and told me they weren't unbanning me even though they had ZERO evidence of wrongdoing on my part.

ILS asked JediXman why me and Ant were banned, stating that we were upstanding members. JediXman responded that we both had a history of toxicity or some such shit, and that Ant in particular was on his final warning for a while. I can't speak to the veracity of Ant being on "final warning," but contrary to JediXman's claims of me having a "toxic history" I had never received a single warning or threat from the mods.

It is worth noting however that JediXman personally dislikes me, due to my Bane wank on comicvine. At one point he flat out insulted me on a versus thread on CV actually.

So basically, in regards to myself, my "criminal history" on comicvine so to speak was squeaky clean, no warnings from any of the mods prior for anything, no evidence of my involvement in either of the discord controversies. I was banned merely through an unreasonable standard of guilt by association, and likely partly due to JediXman's own personal distaste for me.
Deronn_Solo
Deronn_Solo

on Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:01 am
Comicvine is pretty shit now, yeah.

Also, JediXman is the most overhyped Star Wars debater of all time. Pretty ridiculous how he got molded over a much more worthy candidate: E.I. - me.
LSDMB
LSDMB

on Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:39 am
@Deronn_Solo wrote:Also, JediXman is the most overhyped Star Wars debater of all time.
Agreed, there's nothing even vaguely impressive about him.
Deronn_Solo
Deronn_Solo

on Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:43 am
He was only hyped because Silver gave him a co-sign in the ancient times.
The Dragon Of The West
The Dragon Of The West
Level Three
Level Three

on Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:36 pm
I was banned from CV as well despite doing absolutely nothing wrong. As DMB said, guilt by association is apparently something the CV mods think is fair.
IG
IG
Level Two
Level Two

on Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:38 pm
CV mods or just XMan?
DC77 (Reborn)
DC77 (Reborn)
Level Five
Level Five

on Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:26 am
The ironic thing is that the CV mods have conversed with known trolls on Discord so, by their own logic, they should be banned.

OT-I was banned for leaking screenshots to expose people trying to feed AP fake quotes, which... somehow was worthy of that action.
Latham2000
Latham2000

on Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:05 pm
@Jake wrote:DC was doxxing CV members and posted screenshots of discord chats to frame us all.
Who is DC?
DC77 (Reborn)
DC77 (Reborn)
Level Five
Level Five

on Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:15 pm
Me but Jake is trolling.
DarthSkywalker0
DarthSkywalker0
VIP Member
VIP Member

on Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:04 pm
IdrisianGraecus wrote:CV mods or just XMan?

When DMB attempted to appeal the ban, they just responded with: This account is staying banned.
Wandering Jedi
Wandering Jedi

on Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:28 am
I was banned so many times I lost track. Lesson don't make a comicvine account.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum