Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
The Ellimist
The Ellimist
Level Five
Level Five

Shimrra runs the gauntlet Empty Shimrra runs the gauntlet

September 26th 2019, 4:25 am
Melee combat only. Full knowledge and recovery, combatants are familiarized with fighting Vong.

1. Darth Bandon
2. Kas'im
3. Ventress
4. Darth Maul
5. Dooku
6. Vjun Dooku
7. RotS SIdious
8. DE Sidious
xolthol
xolthol
Level Five
Level Five

Shimrra runs the gauntlet Empty Re: Shimrra runs the gauntlet

September 26th 2019, 4:48 am
7 or 8.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

September 26th 2019, 4:49 am
5 or 6.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

September 26th 2019, 9:51 am
Stops probably at Vjun Dooku.
Ziggy
Ziggy

September 26th 2019, 10:38 am
Dooku fries him.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

September 27th 2019, 7:33 am
I doubt Vjun Dooku is at a level comparable to a (likely) non jobbing NJO Luke.
Shioz
Shioz

September 27th 2019, 9:42 am
NJO Luke had big problems in the fight against Shimrra. The New Essential Chronology describes Shimrra's pressure on Luke as battering. Even if we assume that Luke did not give his best, I really do not understand how someone like Dooku can give Shimrra any resistance. I'm also not sure that RotS Sheev will be able to defeat Jamaane.
Shimrra runs the gauntlet -sfoga10
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

September 27th 2019, 9:48 am
@Shioz isn’t the new essential chronology an in-universe source? Although I think that, given that it is written in the era Luke lived in, it is probably accurate.
Shioz
Shioz

September 27th 2019, 10:05 am
I think that what is written is true and coincides with what really happened. Shimrra really crowded Luke in the first half of the battle, but when Skywalker got a second lightsaber, he won pretty quickly.
New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force wrote:When he came to an instant later, he saw that Luke had obviously intercepted Shimrra's follow-up blow. But now, monstrous in aspect and power, Shimrra hovered over Luke like a rancor. Luke's lightsaber thrummed through the air, but Shimrra refused to be kept at bay. Luke tried to Force-leap out of reach, but the Supreme Overlord had him caged.
The master of defense is one who is never in the place that is attacked, Jacen recalled Vergere saying. Shimrra appeared to have learned the same lesson. Lunging, the thick, three-meter-long amphistaff wound itself around Luke's torso, pinning his right arm and lightsaber hilt to his side, the green blade aimed at the floor. Just in time, Luke managed to get his left hand gripped on the snake's uppermost coils and the head as it loosed volumes of venom at him. But Luke was rapidly being squeezed to death by the amphistaff.
Feeling his uncle's suffocation in his own crushed chest, Jacen summoned his strength and crawled frantically for his lightsaber. Calling it to his right hand, he sent it hurtling through the air at Shimrra's head. The Supreme Overlord raised his left hand in a parry; then, with Jacen's lightsaber spinning off toward the throne, he reached into the folds of his hide cape-and extracted a lightsaber!
With a flourish, he activated it. A violet blade shot forth with the familiar snap-hiss. Jacen recognized it immediately. Anakin's lightsaber.
"Weapon of the Solo we killed at Myrkr," Shimrra said, his eyes shifting through colors as the energy shaft thrummed: "Conveyed to Yuuzhan'tar by the traitor Vergere, wielded by the Jeedai Ganner against so many of my warriors, retrieved when he died and brought to me, and now yours to confront. So that you may know what my warriors experience at Zonama Sekot, forced to fight against other living vessels."
Jacen was too stunned to respond; too disheartened to move. Shimrra waved the blade close to Luke's head. Luke removed his left hand from the amphistaff's throat to grab Shimrra's right wrist. The serpentine weapon immediately stiffened and plunged itself into the left side of Luke's chest.
Luke screamed in pain.
In the fight, Luke received several serious injuries and after the battle remained in poor condition. Given how skilled fighter Luke is, I find it very impressive.
New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force wrote:The blades burned clean through. Shimrra's decapitated head dropped to the floor with a loud thud! and his body crumbled. Luke hauled himself out from under the Supreme Overlord's body and collapsed against the wall.
"Jaina" he said weakly.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

September 27th 2019, 12:24 pm
6 or 7.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum