Suspect Insight Forums
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Two
Level Two

Is it wrong to seek to violently beat up your abuser/bully? Empty Is it wrong to seek to violently beat up your abuser/bully?

on September 24th 2019, 1:52 pm
So you have a verbally and physically abuser/bully, and that person tried to beat you up, but you fight back, not just to defend yourself, but out of pent up rage and also have the satisfaction out of beating the shit out of the person who has committed so many injustices to you, so is it immoral to use personal grievances against your physical abuser/bully until they stop trying to attack you? Or some kind of grey area?

Discuss.


Last edited by Latham12 on September 24th 2019, 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sjuttiosju
Sjuttiosju
Level Seven
Level Seven

Is it wrong to seek to violently beat up your abuser/bully? Empty Re: Is it wrong to seek to violently beat up your abuser/bully?

on September 24th 2019, 1:56 pm
Speaking as somebody who's lashed out after being verbally tormented to satisfy myself it's completely immoral and only serves to increase your pain.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Two
Level Two

Is it wrong to seek to violently beat up your abuser/bully? Empty Re: Is it wrong to seek to violently beat up your abuser/bully?

on September 24th 2019, 2:09 pm
DC77 (Reborn) wrote:Speaking as somebody who's lashed out after being verbally tormented to satisfy myself it's completely immoral and only serves to increase your pain.

Tbf, lashing out from being physically tormented would be an act of self defense among other things, but lashing out from being verbally tormented wouldn't have the self defense excuse.
Sjuttiosju
Sjuttiosju
Level Seven
Level Seven

Is it wrong to seek to violently beat up your abuser/bully? Empty Re: Is it wrong to seek to violently beat up your abuser/bully?

on September 24th 2019, 2:20 pm
There's a difference between defending yourself and lashing out in retaliation and desire for satisfaction.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Two
Level Two

Is it wrong to seek to violently beat up your abuser/bully? Empty Re: Is it wrong to seek to violently beat up your abuser/bully?

on September 24th 2019, 2:37 pm
Retaliating against someone in the context of a fight is when you continue to attack your opponent even when they stop attacking you, it's not just about having the desire to have revenge. So would you say it's wrong use self defense and pent up rage against someone until they stop trying to attack you?

I should've went more into detail in the OP, my mistake. I'll edit it.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Three
Level Three

Is it wrong to seek to violently beat up your abuser/bully? Empty Re: Is it wrong to seek to violently beat up your abuser/bully?

on September 24th 2019, 4:44 pm
I'll respond to this topic.
Harbinger Kallig
Harbinger Kallig

Is it wrong to seek to violently beat up your abuser/bully? Empty Re: Is it wrong to seek to violently beat up your abuser/bully?

on September 25th 2019, 9:02 am
Yes, morally speaking it is wrong. It can be understood since bullying, be it physical or just mental, can leave you with some quite nasty scars. But it still doesn't necessarily make it right.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger
Moderator | Champion of the Light
Moderator | Champion of the Light

Is it wrong to seek to violently beat up your abuser/bully? Empty Re: Is it wrong to seek to violently beat up your abuser/bully?

on September 25th 2019, 3:14 pm
Are you asking this in general or is this somehow applicable to your own life? You don't have to answer if it's too personal.

_________________
Is it wrong to seek to violently beat up your abuser/bully? Sheev_sig_3
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Two
Level Two

Is it wrong to seek to violently beat up your abuser/bully? Empty Re: Is it wrong to seek to violently beat up your abuser/bully?

on September 25th 2019, 4:15 pm
Azronger wrote:Are you asking this in general or is this somehow applicable to your own life? You don't have to answer if it's too personal.

I am asking this in general.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Three
Level Three

Is it wrong to seek to violently beat up your abuser/bully? Empty Re: Is it wrong to seek to violently beat up your abuser/bully?

on September 26th 2019, 5:04 am
I have dealt many bullies before (violently), though they weren't bullying me, someone else instead. All of them were pathetic people. But as in everything, something lies deep beneath their motivations and actions. Self-defense is completely justifiable if the means of defense is proportional. However, there is this thing about "self righteousness." When you take action based upon your emotions, it is highly probable that your judgement was clouded during the time you had decided what to do. Someone can perceive such events as basic criticism, opposing your idelogies etc. as bullying. From their points of view, they are right and the person opposing them is trying to suppress them. There is a chance that they attack you claiming that they were feeling snared because of your words or acts, even though you didn't personally attacked or mean to hurt them. This so called defense is backed by their emotions and antagonize the person who may be innocent. There was this one guy when I lived in the dorm, I softly hit his back (more like touched) to show that he did a great job during the football match we just played, he suddenly attacked me (thankfully he was very weak and I didn't even realize he was attacking), he had personal problems and when I touched him to show my appreciation, he felt attacked and tried to defend himself. From his point of view, I was guilty and a person that was a threat to him. He act with his emotions and tried to neutralize the threat. Many events like this occur, even some of them lead to school shootings. I beat many people who were harrassing people just because of their religious believes, sexuality and other life style choices. I was furious and enjoyed kicking their asses but I think what I did was wrong. As I said above, there is a reason burried deep beneath their actions. I may have just make their hatred towards this people worse and in the future, they may cause even more harm to people who don't have anyone or themselves to stand up for them. I could tried to reason, explain things to them instead of giving the taste of their own medicine. People may dislike and pick on you for trying such acts and even call you "snitch" if you report this accidents but it is the right thing to do in my opinion. Personal feelings and emotions takes you further away from rationality, but it is the most efficient way to end this conflict and even give you a chance to help the attackers overcome their problems.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Two
Level Two

Is it wrong to seek to violently beat up your abuser/bully? Empty Re: Is it wrong to seek to violently beat up your abuser/bully?

on September 26th 2019, 2:31 pm
Interesting. School shooters don't beat up their bullies though, they shoot them with guns.
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Two
Level Two

Is it wrong to seek to violently beat up your abuser/bully? Empty Re: Is it wrong to seek to violently beat up your abuser/bully?

on September 26th 2019, 2:48 pm
Are you apart of a form of religion? Because Christianity says to love your enemy and to turn the other cheek if that helps any. Or are you looking for a non religious answer based more on logic?
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Two
Level Two

Is it wrong to seek to violently beat up your abuser/bully? Empty Re: Is it wrong to seek to violently beat up your abuser/bully?

on September 26th 2019, 3:33 pm
HellFire V DC77 fist fight

Location:Kun’s house
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Three
Level Three

Is it wrong to seek to violently beat up your abuser/bully? Empty Re: Is it wrong to seek to violently beat up your abuser/bully?

on September 26th 2019, 3:41 pm
DC, 11/10. I don't fight anymore.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Two
Level Two

Is it wrong to seek to violently beat up your abuser/bully? Empty Re: Is it wrong to seek to violently beat up your abuser/bully?

on September 26th 2019, 3:42 pm
If it helps, DC only beat HP because had his eyes on the football
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Three
Level Three

Is it wrong to seek to violently beat up your abuser/bully? Empty Re: Is it wrong to seek to violently beat up your abuser/bully?

on September 26th 2019, 3:53 pm
Thankfully I don't play football Is it wrong to seek to violently beat up your abuser/bully? 3344068304
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Two
Level Two

Is it wrong to seek to violently beat up your abuser/bully? Empty Re: Is it wrong to seek to violently beat up your abuser/bully?

on September 26th 2019, 7:22 pm
@KingofBlades wrote:Are you apart of a form of religion? Because Christianity says to love your enemy and to turn the other cheek if that helps any. Or are you looking for a non religious answer based more on logic?

Yes, I am asking for a non-religious answer.
Sjuttiosju
Sjuttiosju
Level Seven
Level Seven

Is it wrong to seek to violently beat up your abuser/bully? Empty Re: Is it wrong to seek to violently beat up your abuser/bully?

on September 27th 2019, 2:07 pm
Nah, I beat HP easily earlier with no football present to distract him. He sucks.
LSDMB
LSDMB

Is it wrong to seek to violently beat up your abuser/bully? Empty Re: Is it wrong to seek to violently beat up your abuser/bully?

on September 27th 2019, 2:21 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
@Latham2000 wrote:
@KingofBlades wrote:Are you apart of a form of religion? Because Christianity says to love your enemy and to turn the other cheek if that helps any. Or are you looking for a non religious answer based more on logic?

Yes, I am asking for a non-religious answer.
The logic to the religious answer that could also be justified without citation to divine authority is that you do yourself no favors by giving into your own resentment. It might seem empowering in the moment, but in actuality it only feeds into your own sense of bitterness and feeds into a more sadistic side of yourself. Additionally, the nature of suffering is that it is something intrinsically negative, regardless of who it is inflicted upon, it is something that can only be ethically justified in its role in the generation of something good.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Two
Level Two

Is it wrong to seek to violently beat up your abuser/bully? Empty Re: Is it wrong to seek to violently beat up your abuser/bully?

on September 27th 2019, 2:58 pm
DC77 (Reborn) wrote:Nah, I beat HP easily earlier with no football present to distract him. He sucks.
So you’re Kolar and he’s Maul, basically?
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Three
Level Three

Is it wrong to seek to violently beat up your abuser/bully? Empty Re: Is it wrong to seek to violently beat up your abuser/bully?

on September 27th 2019, 3:03 pm
@CuckedCurry wrote:
DC77 (Reborn) wrote:Nah, I beat HP easily earlier with no football present to distract him. He sucks.
So you’re Kolar and he’s Maul, basically?
🇪🇭
NotAA3
NotAA3
Level Four
Level Four

Is it wrong to seek to violently beat up your abuser/bully? Empty Re: Is it wrong to seek to violently beat up your abuser/bully?

on September 27th 2019, 5:13 pm
DC77 (Reborn) wrote:Nah, I beat HP easily earlier with no football present to distract him. He sucks.

No lol.

🇪🇭
avatar
BoD (Away)
Level Six
Level Six

Is it wrong to seek to violently beat up your abuser/bully? Empty Re: Is it wrong to seek to violently beat up your abuser/bully?

on September 27th 2019, 5:26 pm
Yes unless they’re attacking you and you defend yourself, e.g. what I did when a pair decided it would be smart to try and trap me underwater when I was swimming. So in those situations, go for it. Just be careful of the victim card they might play.
Deronn_Solo
Deronn_Solo

Is it wrong to seek to violently beat up your abuser/bully? Empty Re: Is it wrong to seek to violently beat up your abuser/bully?

on October 1st 2019, 6:40 pm
Absolutely not. An eye for an eye is how I see it. Just prepare for the consequences that follows.
I'm always ready to throw down regardless.

I'm a loose cannon tho, so disregard my statement.
TheNuisanceBird
TheNuisanceBird

Is it wrong to seek to violently beat up your abuser/bully? Empty Re: Is it wrong to seek to violently beat up your abuser/bully?

on April 23rd 2020, 7:11 pm
@Latham2000 wrote:Interesting. School shooters don't beat up their bullies though, they shoot them with guns.

Robert's got a quick hand
Sponsored content

Is it wrong to seek to violently beat up your abuser/bully? Empty Re: Is it wrong to seek to violently beat up your abuser/bully?

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum