Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

Clone Wars season 7, thoughts? Hopes? Concerns? Predictions? - Page 3 Empty Re: Clone Wars season 7, thoughts? Hopes? Concerns? Predictions?

August 25th 2019, 1:46 pm
Maul should shred Ahsoka. I'm hoping we get some serious badassery but not an actual close contest. If they stick with their own continuity (which is really anyone's guess) the fight ends with Ahsoka fleeing.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

Clone Wars season 7, thoughts? Hopes? Concerns? Predictions? - Page 3 Empty Re: Clone Wars season 7, thoughts? Hopes? Concerns? Predictions?

August 25th 2019, 1:54 pm
PeraltaEagle45 wrote:Maul should shred Ahsoka. I'm hoping we get some serious badassery but not an actual close contest. If they stick with their own continuity (which is really anyone's guess) the fight ends with Ahsoka fleeing.
Praxis
Praxis
Moderator | Champion of the Light

August 25th 2019, 1:56 pm
Ahsoka rule 34 or Yoda doing ketamine. I hope Mace vs Grievous and Ahsoka vs Maul are done well.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

August 25th 2019, 2:08 pm
PeraltaEagle45 wrote:Maul should shred Ahsoka. I'm hoping we get some serious badassery but not an actual close contest. If they stick with their own continuity (which is really anyone's guess) the fight ends with Ahsoka fleeing.

Clone Wars season 7, thoughts? Hopes? Concerns? Predictions? - Page 3 1289255181
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

August 25th 2019, 3:11 pm
The problem is that Filoni has an incredibly high opinion of Ahsoka
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

August 25th 2019, 3:12 pm
I truly love Ahsoka but she should not be able to last a second against someone as skilled as Maul.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

August 25th 2019, 6:06 pm
This is canon, after all, a girl that hadn’t ever touched a saber before, manages to beat someone with years of training.
Praxis
Praxis

August 25th 2019, 6:32 pm
The Maul and Ahsoka fight is going to be motion captured with Ray Park (the guy who played TPM/Solo Maul) as Maul which means its probably gonna be a drawn out duel.
King Joker
King Joker
Level One
Level One

August 25th 2019, 7:34 pm
YousufLatham wrote:I see. Old Ben vs old Maul also got marketed a lot, and we ended up seeing Maul get three shotted 🤦‍�
I don’t think it was actually marketed that much? Like, being placed in several promotional images and being the climax of trailers? I don’t recall that. 

And I’m relatively confident they didn’t show any clashing of blades between Kenobi and Maul like they are with Tano and Maul.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

August 26th 2019, 2:19 am
My only wish would be that they would show some appreciation for other Jedi
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

August 26th 2019, 2:30 am
CuckedCurry wrote:My only wish would be that they would show some appreciation for other Jedi

Yeah me too
freethedevil
freethedevil

August 26th 2019, 7:41 pm
Ahsoka vs maul <<<<<<< Mace and Kenobi vs Maul and Dooku

-_-

That said, her lasting a minute or so should be fine given what she did vs grevious.

Frankly though, I hope it serves some narrative purpose beyond filling in the loose end with "run away like last time". What I'd really be excited for his
-> a well executed adaption of dark renevdous
-> a well executed adaption of labrynth of evil
-> building on what was established with yoda learning the force ghost techinque
-> an exploration of vappad, something giving on screen mace a character beyond "ooh sam l jackson!, what a badass"
-> well executed development of anakin where we see actual change rather than hints of it
-> anything to do with plo koon
-> the jedi council becoming more and more inept
-> exploration of dooku's character, touching on the plans he had in the rots novel would be great

Hopefully we get at least some of that. Really though, I suspect this season will greatly disappoint. Nearly everything disney has touched has been atroiciously written and rebels has made me greatly question if feloni can still produce consistently great work under disney if at all. If ahsoka's arc is inspired by what the atrocious ahsoka novel had panned out, I'd rather it didn't hapen. Also, ahsoka's ending in rebels was pretty pathetically written so I really don't have much confidence we'll see something compelling in tcw.
freethedevil
freethedevil

August 26th 2019, 7:44 pm
MasterCilghal wrote:
DeadlyJedi wrote:TCW never was a copy of the EU. Sure there were some references to EU material in the show, but it was never a direct copy. of the storylines. TCW mostly tried to be its own thing. And it failed in some areas, but it succeeded most of the time IMO
What about the nightsisters? And “moraband”? And the mandalorials? TCW contains a massive amount of elements clearly inspired by the EU, except it makes them worse. The episode where Mace Windu goes to that weird planet with Jar Jar made me despise this show. Of course everyone is allowed to have his own opinion, but I really do not understand why people like this show.
Define "makes them worse".

Also the first episode with mace+jar jar was decently written imo.
freethedevil
freethedevil

August 26th 2019, 7:45 pm
YousufLatham wrote:I see. Old Ben vs old Maul also got marketed a lot, and we ended up seeing Maul get three shotted 🤦‍�
Ironically that was one of the few examples of great writing from rebels.
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

September 1st 2019, 6:55 pm
King Joker wrote:
I don’t think it was actually marketed that much? Like, being placed in several promotional images and being the climax of trailers? I don’t recall that. 

And I’m relatively confident they didn’t show any clashing of blades between Kenobi and Maul like they are with Tano and Maul.
Correct. Though still without the Maul vs Ben Kenobi short fight (which didn't bother me honestly ) that episode was rather terrible. It should have been centered around just Maul and his search for Kenobi, rather than shoehorning Ezra into their conflict.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

September 2nd 2019, 3:51 pm
Mace is meant to fight Grievous?

OT: Some good canon Mace wank since it's getting close to ROTS and some awesome Dooku appearances.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

September 2nd 2019, 3:52 pm
BreakofDawn wrote:Mace is meant to fight Grievous?

OT: Some good canon Mace wank since it's getting close to ROTS and some awesome Dooku appearances.

I guess Dooku will ragdoll best bounty hunters in the galaxy.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

September 2nd 2019, 4:07 pm
HellfireUnit wrote:
BreakofDawn wrote:Mace is meant to fight Grievous?

I guess Dooku will ragdoll best bounty hunters in the galaxy.

I'll take it, to be honest. Tired of seeing Dooku always fighting Anakin and Obi-Wan. It's just boring after a while. They could have Yoda and him have a rematch, or him take on TCW Mace, or even have him fight some Council member like Shaak Tii, but nope, only Anakin.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

September 2nd 2019, 4:13 pm
Yeah you are right. Though it was awesome for Dooku to ragdoll 10 bounty hunters including Bane, Embo, Bobba etc. Hope we'll see it.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

September 2nd 2019, 4:29 pm
CuckedCurry wrote:My only wish would be that they would show some appreciation for other Jedi
They only did it in season 1 and 2, which ironically are considered the worst ones. But I agree with you in general.
The Witness
The Witness

September 2nd 2019, 5:07 pm
Is it going to be on Disney Plus? Yeh fuck that, not paying for it.
The Witness
The Witness

September 2nd 2019, 5:11 pm
MasterCilghal wrote:The problem is that Filoni has an incredibly high opinion of Ahsoka
Yeh he even said she can match Sidious I think?
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

September 2nd 2019, 5:15 pm
Sam wrote:Is it going to be on Disney Plus? Yeh fuck that, not paying for it.

"We are pirates, we don't even know what that means"
King Joker
King Joker
Level One
Level One

September 2nd 2019, 5:18 pm
Sam wrote:
MasterCilghal wrote:The problem is that Filoni has an incredibly high opinion of Ahsoka
Yeh he even said she can match Sidious I think?
No?
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

September 2nd 2019, 5:19 pm
@Sam Just pirate it like any normal person lol.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum