Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
The Witness
The Witness

Clone Wars season 7, thoughts? Hopes? Concerns? Predictions? - Page 2 Empty Re: Clone Wars season 7, thoughts? Hopes? Concerns? Predictions?

April 24th 2019, 1:47 pm
@In-sidiousvader Most people debate legends here anyway so I think you are ok
King Joker
King Joker
Level One
Level One

Clone Wars season 7, thoughts? Hopes? Concerns? Predictions? - Page 2 Empty Re: Clone Wars season 7, thoughts? Hopes? Concerns? Predictions?

April 24th 2019, 10:35 pm
Sas wrote:Was she?  Why would she duck out of the war, only to return for the Siege of Mandalore?

Ahsoka was "stripped of all rank and privilege within the Grand Army of the Republic," so she couldn't and didn't operate within the Republic's military to command or fight alongside the clones, and evidently had no contact with any other Jedi, either—not until the Siege of Mandalore, anyways. Judging by the season 7 arc previews, Ahsoka was still confined to Coruscant after leaving the Order, wandering around alone until she met the two sisters in the lower levels. The only reason Ahsoka is present during the Siege of Mandalore is that Bo-Katan sought her out and recruited her, allowing her to operate within the Mandalorian militia's operation. Nothing suggests Ahsoka was partnered with any other third-party organization until that point, or that she was going on solo Quinlan Vos-esque ventures with any degree of regularity.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

April 25th 2019, 12:37 pm
I never liked tcw that much honestly. Although the lightsaber duels were pretty good, many of the storylines were terrible and felt like a bad copy of what was established in the EU. I’m not really excited for this season.
The Witness
The Witness

April 25th 2019, 12:50 pm
TCW never was a copy of the EU. Sure there were some references to EU material in the show, but it was never a direct copy. of the storylines. TCW mostly tried to be its own thing. And it failed in some areas, but it succeeded most of the time IMO
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

April 28th 2019, 3:20 am
DeadlyJedi wrote:TCW never was a copy of the EU. Sure there were some references to EU material in the show, but it was never a direct copy. of the storylines. TCW mostly tried to be its own thing. And it failed in some areas, but it succeeded most of the time IMO
What about the nightsisters? And “moraband”? And the mandalorials? TCW contains a massive amount of elements clearly inspired by the EU, except it makes them worse. The episode where Mace Windu goes to that weird planet with Jar Jar made me despise this show. Of course everyone is allowed to have his own opinion, but I really do not understand why people like this show.
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

April 29th 2019, 1:11 pm
DarthAnt66 wrote:I'm worried Ahsoka will give Maul a good fight.

Clone Wars season 7, thoughts? Hopes? Concerns? Predictions? - Page 2 1289255181

dark-sith123
dark-sith123

April 29th 2019, 3:25 pm
I wouldn't be surprised if Ahsoka actually gave Maul a decent contest. Season 4 of Star Wars Rebels proved just how retarded Filoni can be as well as the lengths he is willing to go to if it means making Ahsoka capable of surviving an encounter with Palpatine. Nothing surprises me anymore.
King Joker
King Joker
Level One
Level One

May 1st 2019, 10:30 pm
mastercilghal wrote:What about the nightsisters? And “moraband”? And the mandalorials? TCW contains a massive amount of elements clearly inspired by the EU, except it makes them worse. The episode where Mace Windu goes to that weird planet with Jar Jar made me despise this show. Of course everyone is allowed to have his own opinion, but I really do not understand why people like this show.

Most people who enjoy The Clone Wars are ignorant of the Expanded Universe or couldn't care less about the writers not keeping faith with it. There's a reason why fans more enmeshed with EU material are often more critical of TCW, but I'd say on its own merits, TCW makes for a competent mainstream Star Wars television show (which was essentially the goal), with good action, characters, and animation.
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

May 2nd 2019, 1:42 pm
@King Joker
"Most people who enjoy The Clone Wars are ignorant of the Expanded Universe or couldn't care less about the writers not keeping faith with it". That is true, but when it comes to Grievous's portrayal in the show. That's when you see the legends fans and (even TCW fans) complain about how weak and kid friendly Grievous was in the show, as opposed to Legends, where he was essentially a killing machine. In fact the criticism got so big that even Filoni had to address it in an interview at one point. But yeh generally, when it comes to characters like Quinlan Vos or Asajj Ventress, only the die hard EU fans get pissed off when their backstories from those stories get retconned in the show. Grievous, I think is the only character where canon and legends fans agree that he was nerfed/changed big time in the show.
kbroskywalker
kbroskywalker

May 10th 2019, 7:10 am
ThelittleGreenFriend99 wrote:
DarthAnt66 wrote:I'm worried Ahsoka will give Maul a good fight.

I know, and this isn't too long after she left the jedi order as well Clone Wars season 7, thoughts? Hopes? Concerns? Predictions? - Page 2 1648373583
She shouldn't be good enough to give Maul a good fight.
i mean, she gave grevious one...
AncientPower
AncientPower
Suspect Hero | Level Four

May 11th 2019, 1:20 am
I want to see it end with Operation Knightfall from Vader's POV. Not gonna happen, I am aware, but I want it.
DoA
DoA

May 11th 2019, 1:42 am
Animated Son of Dathomir.  It was supposed to close out Season 6, IIRC.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

May 11th 2019, 8:25 am
@LadyKulvax

I want to see it end with Operation Knightfall from Vader's POV. Not gonna happen, I am aware, but I want it.

In all your years debating SW this is the best idea you've ever come up with tbh. If only it could happen lol.

Clone Wars season 7, thoughts? Hopes? Concerns? Predictions? - Page 2 228124001

Last edited by DC77 on May 11th 2019, 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
AncientPower
AncientPower

May 11th 2019, 8:29 am
This forum is like a month old, if that.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

May 11th 2019, 9:28 am
@LadyKulvax SMH, I meant SW debating lol. I'm braindead.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

May 11th 2019, 8:42 pm
DC77 wrote:I'm braindead.

Agreed tbh.
King Joker
King Joker
Level One
Level One

August 24th 2019, 1:42 am
Clone Wars season 7, thoughts? Hopes? Concerns? Predictions? - Page 2 Dims10

February.  Clone Wars season 7, thoughts? Hopes? Concerns? Predictions? - Page 2 2266747095
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

August 24th 2019, 6:56 am
Ahsoka vs Maul seems interesting.

Last edited by Latham12 on September 24th 2019, 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

August 24th 2019, 3:01 pm
Hopefully Filoni gives us the real Maul this time or I'm out
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

August 24th 2019, 3:27 pm
Thoughts - I love CW more than anything in the mythos I guess (besides KOTOR). I am joyful even though it will be produced under Disney.

Hopes - This would be the same original script Filoni had in his mind and Disney would not interfere with anything.

Concerns - Stupid Disney's interference.

Predictions - They will make Maul shit, being outmatched by Ahsoka.
King Joker
King Joker
Level One
Level One

August 24th 2019, 5:34 pm
YousufLatham wrote:So is Ashoka vs Maul going to be done exactly how it panned out in the Ashoka novel? Or was that novel based on an early screenplay?

I doubt it. They're marketing the fight way too much for it to be as brief as it was in the novel. And what's been shown in trailers is already more than what we got in the novel.

And yeah, pretty much. E.K. Johnston had the preliminary scripts to work off of when writing Ahsoka, plus consultations with Dave Filoni. But that was three-to-four years ago, and the new season has already retconned Anakin giving back Ahsoka's original green lightsabers, so I'm sure the specifics of how the Siege of Mandalore panned out has evolved since the development of Johnston's Ahsoka.
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

August 25th 2019, 3:10 am
King Joker wrote:
YousufLatham wrote:So is Ashoka vs Maul going to be done exactly how it panned out in the Ashoka novel? Or was that novel based on an early screenplay?

I doubt it. They're marketing the fight way too much for it to be as brief as it was in the novel. And what's been shown in trailers is already more than what we got in the novel.

And yeah, pretty much. E.K. Johnston had the preliminary scripts to work off of when writing Ahsoka, plus consultations with Dave Filoni. But that was three-to-four years ago, and the new season has already retconned Anakin giving back Ahsoka's original green lightsabers, so I'm sure the specifics of how the Siege of Mandalore panned out has evolved since the development of Johnston's Ahsoka.
That, and they got Ray Park back for motion capture.They wouldn't waste money on Ray Park if the duel was just going to be brief.
King Joker
King Joker
Level One
Level One

August 25th 2019, 4:02 am
Good point. Clone Wars season 7, thoughts? Hopes? Concerns? Predictions? - Page 2 1289255181
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

August 25th 2019, 7:57 am
Hmm.

Last edited by Latham12 on September 24th 2019, 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

August 25th 2019, 8:14 am
Ben versus Maul was a great fight.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum