Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

What do you think about Thrawn in canon?  Empty What do you think about Thrawn in canon?

August 3rd 2019, 2:49 pm
Now that rebels has finished and all three of the new Thrawn books have come out, I would like to hear what you guys think about Thrawn’s handling in the new canon! 

Personally, although keep in mind i’ve only seen rebels and read the first book, I find his portrayal to be rather great and accurate, especially in the novels, I do think his story and overall plot is quite disappointing, especially as he constantly loses against the rebels.
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

What do you think about Thrawn in canon?  Empty Re: What do you think about Thrawn in canon?

August 3rd 2019, 3:53 pm
He is terrible in Rebels IMO
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

What do you think about Thrawn in canon?  Empty Re: What do you think about Thrawn in canon?

August 3rd 2019, 3:55 pm
SithSauce wrote:He is terrible in Rebels IMO
Well, I enjoyed his portrayal and his voice, but not his story.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

August 3rd 2019, 5:41 pm
He looks ok and comic stuff was pretty nice tbh. I hope he will have a bigger role in the future and not be forgotten along with Ezra.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

August 3rd 2019, 9:36 pm
So here is the thing. I never liked Thrawn, I read all the books and while it's somewhat intellectually stimulating to hear him talk, since Timothy Zahn wrote those books with a thesaurus on hand, I still think his character is just very lame.

I get it, he is supposed to be an intelligent strategist who can always defeat anyone ever and only dies by betrayal.

but...

he just comes across as competent while all the others are completely unaware of what he is doing, yeah he's bobby fisher, he thinks faster than people and formulates plans, but the whole Pincer thing he does in the book was not as genius as they made it out to be lol.

Canon is much better imo. While he still is a bit overconfident and loses to the Rebels over and over again he has a more physical aspect to him which I like. I prefer boots on the ground warfare to fleet warfare, because I think it takes a lot more skill to think on your toes in the trenches than to sit in a comfortable command ship and dole out orders.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

August 5th 2019, 12:37 am
He's shit in Rebels. Shame too given how good his voice actor was.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

August 6th 2019, 8:33 pm
DC77 (Reborn) wrote:He's shit in Rebels. Shame too given how good his voice actor was.
Could you elaborate?
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

August 6th 2019, 9:29 pm
My only experience of Thrawn in canon is Rebels. All I can say is I like his characteristics and voice actor, but ultimately I was never really threatened by him because of how incompetent he was. Like every other admiral on the show he gets outsmarted and bested by the rebels, and I never once got the impression he was the master strategist he was hyped up to be.

Last edited by The Apprentice on December 8th 2019, 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
BigMouthPrick
BigMouthPrick

August 8th 2019, 11:03 pm
He's the only reason why Rebels is worth watching IMO
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

December 8th 2019, 1:01 pm
BigMouthPrick wrote:He's the only reason why Rebels is worth watching IMO
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 8th 2019, 1:44 pm
Good character with an art fetish.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum