Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
LOTL

Underrated/overrated characters on forums? - Page 2 Empty Re: Underrated/overrated characters on forums?

April 22nd 2019, 12:11 pm
Let me guess something about the most "thematically relevant depiction", something about "Dooku dismissing him at a disadvantage", something more about about some sources that say that he was better than the duo combined?

Yeah, none of that comes remotely close
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

Underrated/overrated characters on forums? - Page 2 Empty Re: Underrated/overrated characters on forums?

April 22nd 2019, 12:17 pm
Yeah basically. Because in the most "thematically relevant depiction" of events Dooku effortlessly clowns the duo and leaves Kenobi sleeping under a metal walkway. Any counters beyond headcanon and out of context sources?

Last edited by ArkhamAsylum3 on April 22nd 2019, 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Witness
The Witness

April 22nd 2019, 2:56 pm
@Arkhamasylum3 Also the "Dooku wank" was present even before you came to the picture. There was Az and Kbro claiming he was better than Valkorion because of his Yoda feat...
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 22nd 2019, 3:01 pm
@DeadlyJedi I'm aware. Granted Az has just about everyone above Valkorion so that's hardly him majorly wanking Dooku. As for Kbro he's not the brightest...
Ziggy
Ziggy

April 22nd 2019, 4:13 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
The most overrated characters of the now.

Darth Vader : An ironic twist to the idiom a wolf in sheep's clothing. Vader is actually the inverse. He's in the cut because much of the fandom still can't see past the surface, making the same mistake as Kylo Ren does in the brilliant sequel trilogy. Most of his trophies, the go to arguments and crutches have been stripped away from him. In the first Game Galen Marek overcomes his fear of the wolf's clothing and really does give his master a theatrical spanking. In TFU II Vader capitalises on an exhausted and psychologically disturbed Starkiller, setting his deformed replicas, all with a portion of SK's freakish power, to exhaust him further. He still looses. Vader fans used to rationalise the difference in both fights as proof of Vader's growth. Ant shut them down. It was the best thing he ever did. Without that we have a stalemate with Ben Kenobi,who's weaker than himself in Attack of the Clones, a TPM-Kenobi showing against the resurrected Maul, he didn't exactly stomp ESB Luke and got stomped himself in ROTJ. He's weaker than most people think and that was the theme anyway.

Pre ROTS Windu. Excuse me if I blow my nose with some 2002 sourcebook accolades. After Count Dooku arrived on the scene in 2003, Master Windu's stance among the Jedi is grounded by accolade and feat. He's not an equal for Yoda, but actually closer to the Count... maybe even his lesser based on track-reccord. Uses all his skill and still can't apprehend Ventress? That's below the Count. Can't make short work of Grievous while the latter has restricted mobility? That's not just below the Count, it's also below Kenobi. Only in ROTS it can be speculated that the darkness in Mace's heart grew to the point where he could actually fight on par with Sidious, that and  a mechanism seemingly allowing to to syphon Sidious' energy, filtering it back out at the Dark Lord.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 22nd 2019, 4:26 pm
R.I.P Vader.

@In-sidiousvader How do you feel about the above?
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 22nd 2019, 4:29 pm

Agreed with Ziggy tbh on overrated characters.
Decaf_Beverages
Decaf_Beverages

April 22nd 2019, 4:33 pm
Lol at Kun being overrated

The Witness
The Witness

April 22nd 2019, 5:01 pm
DC77 Also the only person I know who overrates Maul is erkan.
Apart from that, Maul isn't generally overrated. I'd argue the opposite infact.
The Witness
The Witness

April 22nd 2019, 5:09 pm
@Ziggy never got stomped by Luke in ROTJ, but ok... And he stomped ESB Luke lol. The whole time he was toying with him hence all the goofy noises he makes when he gets kicked off the platform by Luke and tagged by Luke later on in the fight. He even say's "you are beaten, it is useless to resist". A vastly pre prime Vader struggled against Maul but defeated him anyway ( and even split his saber staff)? Not exactly a bad showing. Nice try at lowballing.
Ant also debunked this whole notion that AOTC Obi Wan>Ben Kenobi
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

April 22nd 2019, 5:28 pm
LOTL wrote:Dismissing Kenobi and battling Anakin at the same time is something even Ventress has done. Your point? It is a showing of catching him off guard, not a showing of raw power and not only are there numerous examples in the lore but also a quote that explicitly says that both him and his apprentice do well alone, not in team duels and literally almost every example attests to that.

Kenobi in ANH is not weaker in the force lmfao. If anything, he is stronger. He is weaker in overall combat

Please give some type of evidence. Not only would it help me out, it would make your claim hold more validity Underrated/overrated characters on forums? - Page 2 228124001
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

April 23rd 2019, 8:56 am
In-sidiousvader wrote:
LOTL wrote:Dismissing Kenobi and battling Anakin at the same time is something even Ventress has done. Your point? It is a showing of catching him off guard, not a showing of raw power and not only are there numerous examples in the lore but also a quote that explicitly says that both him and his apprentice do well alone, not in team duels and literally almost every example attests to that.

Kenobi in ANH is not weaker in the force lmfao. If anything, he is stronger. He is weaker in overall combat

Please give some type of evidence. Not only would it help me out, it would make your claim hold more validity Underrated/overrated characters on forums? - Page 2 228124001
LOTL

April 23rd 2019, 9:30 am
Check my CV images. There is a direct quote that says his powers haven't weakened. Can't login to CV since the area I am currently in won't let me

I'll try to look for the others later
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

April 23rd 2019, 9:32 am
LOTL wrote:Check my CV images. There is a direct quote that says his powers haven't weakened. Can't login to CV since the area I am currently in won't let me

Okay, thank you Underrated/overrated characters on forums? - Page 2 228124001
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 23rd 2019, 11:56 am
LOTL wrote:Check my CV images. There is a direct quote that says his powers haven't weakened. Can't login to CV since the area I am currently in won't let me

Yeah Kenobi's Force Power remaining the same seems to remain fairly consistent but it's still made clear he's overall weaker than his ROTS self because of old age.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

April 23rd 2019, 12:03 pm
ArkhamAsylum3 wrote:

Yeah Kenobi's Force Power remaining the same seems to remain fairly consistent but it's still made clear he's overall weaker than his ROTS self because of old age.

Physically weaker, tho. The thing is, augmentation negates that, otherwise sheev would lose to Vader everytime Underrated/overrated characters on forums? - Page 2 228124001
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 23rd 2019, 12:15 pm
Except Augmentation clearly can't, otherwise there wouldn't be quotes establishing him as an overall weaker combatant...
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

April 23rd 2019, 12:16 pm
DC77 wrote:Except Augmentation clearly can't, otherwise there wouldn't be quotes establishing him as an overall weaker combatant...

Please DC, since you insist on following me around threads and commenting the opposite of what I say, provide banter and actually post evidence?
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 23rd 2019, 12:17 pm
If you insist...

I'll grab the quotes later
Blade_of_Dorin
Blade_of_Dorin
Level One
Level One

April 23rd 2019, 12:19 pm
Azronger wrote:Vader's massively underrated for sure.
Haven't been on the forums long but I can definitely tell that this is true
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

April 23rd 2019, 12:21 pm
Blade_of_Dorin wrote:

More than you know... Being sub starkiller is one thing, being sub Old ben who is supposedly sub AOTC Kenobi is another level of lowballing...
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 23rd 2019, 12:23 pm
@In-Sidiousvader Still better than him being Yoda+ which is a position you and several others have legitimately tried to argue...
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 23rd 2019, 1:10 pm
Blade_of_Dorin wrote:

The reason Vader's underrated is primarily due to Ant majorly debunking him because of how wanked he's been. People have been arguing he's above Yoda and stuff.
The Witness
The Witness

April 23rd 2019, 1:14 pm
I remember people saying "KF Vader is above Yoda".
Don't remember anyone say Suited Vader was above Yoda.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 23rd 2019, 3:30 pm
IJ clearly is unaware of Az's existence or chooses to ignore it...
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum