Suspect Insight Forums

Go down
DC77 (Reborn)
DC77 (Reborn)
Level Five
Level Five

Darth Caedus vs Starkiller - Page 2 Empty Re: Darth Caedus vs Starkiller

on Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:38 am
Examples would be nice.
Syndiciate
Syndiciate

Darth Caedus vs Starkiller - Page 2 Empty Re: Darth Caedus vs Starkiller

on Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:46 am
@DC77 (Reborn) wrote:Examples would be nice.

Killing Paratus with Force lightning, oneshotting Ti with a Force repulse and telekinetically dominating Vader are far better than struggling against the likes of Aurra Sing and Mara Jade, especially when you consider the first two feats occur before Galen grows vastly in power. 

This is to say nothing of their comparative environmental feats. Caedus's best feat in this regard is flipping over a dropship, about on the level of Mundi lifting a sand filled skiff. Galen sends armies into the atmosphere at the start of the game and goes on to bring down the supports of superstructures that reach into orbit around the middle of the game. They're obviously not comparable in this regard.
IG (Exists)
IG (Exists)
Level One
Level One

Darth Caedus vs Starkiller - Page 2 Empty Re: Darth Caedus vs Starkiller

on Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:57 am
Syn, Jacen’s Falcon feat is vastly pre prime.
DC77 (Reborn)
DC77 (Reborn)
Level Five
Level Five

Darth Caedus vs Starkiller - Page 2 Empty Re: Darth Caedus vs Starkiller

on Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:57 am
I'll get to this tomorrow.
Syndiciate
Syndiciate

Darth Caedus vs Starkiller - Page 2 Empty Re: Darth Caedus vs Starkiller

on Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:00 am
IdrisianGraecus wrote:Syn, Jacen’s Falcon feat is vastly pre prime.

Sure. It's still his best feat. While I'm more than willing to believe he's capable of accomplishing more impressive feats, I don't see any evidence to suggest he could accomplish one's on the level of Marek's best early game feats let alone his best in general.
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level One
Level One

Darth Caedus vs Starkiller - Page 2 Empty Re: Darth Caedus vs Starkiller

on Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:01 am
Caedus ragdolls.
NotAA3
NotAA3
Level Three
Level Three

Darth Caedus vs Starkiller - Page 2 Empty Re: Darth Caedus vs Starkiller

on Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:33 pm
@EmperorCaedus wrote:Caedus ragdolls.

Why?
IG (Exists)
IG (Exists)
Level One
Level One

Darth Caedus vs Starkiller - Page 2 Empty Re: Darth Caedus vs Starkiller

on Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:36 pm
Caedus wins in a close one.
NotAA3
NotAA3
Level Three
Level Three

Darth Caedus vs Starkiller - Page 2 Empty Re: Darth Caedus vs Starkiller

on Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:37 pm
Once again, why?
IG (Exists)
IG (Exists)
Level One
Level One

Darth Caedus vs Starkiller - Page 2 Empty Re: Darth Caedus vs Starkiller

on Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:38 pm
Can’t do that now, school’s starting in a minute or so.
BoD (Away)
BoD (Away)
Level Three
Level Three

Darth Caedus vs Starkiller - Page 2 Empty Re: Darth Caedus vs Starkiller

on Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:04 pm
Backing SK here.

Edit: Changed my mind. The two are fairly evenly matched in power but Caedus is a better swordsman.


Last edited by BreakofDawn on Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level One
Level One

Darth Caedus vs Starkiller - Page 2 Empty Re: Darth Caedus vs Starkiller

on Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:40 pm
Starkiller dies again
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger

Darth Caedus vs Starkiller - Page 2 Empty Re: Darth Caedus vs Starkiller

on Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:52 pm
caedus
DC77 (Reborn)
DC77 (Reborn)
Level Five
Level Five

Darth Caedus vs Starkiller - Page 2 Empty Re: Darth Caedus vs Starkiller

on Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:05 pm
@BreakOfDawn @The Apprentice: Why does Starkiller win?

@Syndiciate: Also:

Killing Paratus with Force lightning, oneshotting Ti with a Force repulse

Neither of these characters have any good feats of note, and IU are portrayed as pretty low level Jedi.

and telekinetically dominating Vader

Pre prime Vader, and this is was after slashing him up.

are far better than struggling against the likes of Aurra Sing and Mara Jade,


Both fights had heavy context and took place while Jacen was a blitz tier below his prime incarnation. Moreover, Mara is honestly a lot better than Paratus or Ti.

especially when you consider the first two feats occur before Galen grows vastly in power.

So do the feats you cited for Jacen.

This is to say nothing of their comparative environmental feats. Caedus's best feat in this regard is flipping over a dropship, about on the level of Mundi lifting a sand filled skiff. Galen sends armies into the atmosphere at the start of the game and goes on to bring down the supports of superstructures that reach into orbit around the middle of the game. They're obviously not comparable in this regard.

Jacen scales too Kyp however, who is comparable/superior in this regard.

OT-Caedus wins.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger

Darth Caedus vs Starkiller - Page 2 Empty Re: Darth Caedus vs Starkiller

on Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:06 pm
@DC77 (Reborn) wrote:@BreakOfDawn @The Apprentice: Why does Starkiller win?

@Syndiciate: Also:

Killing Paratus with Force lightning, oneshotting Ti with a Force repulse

Neither of these characters have any good feats of note, and IU are portrayed as pretty low level Jedi.

and telekinetically dominating Vader

Pre prime Vader, and this is was after slashing him up.

are far better than struggling against the likes of Aurra Sing and Mara Jade,


Both fights had heavy context and took place while Jacen was a blitz tier below his prime incarnation. Moreover, Mara is honestly a lot better than Paratus or Ti.

especially when you consider the first two feats occur before Galen grows vastly in power.

So do the feats you cited for Jacen.

This is to say nothing of their comparative environmental feats. Caedus's best feat in this regard is flipping over a dropship, about on the level of Mundi lifting a sand filled skiff. Galen sends armies into the atmosphere at the start of the game and goes on to bring down the supports of superstructures that reach into orbit around the middle of the game. They're obviously not comparable in this regard.

Jacen scales too Kyp however, who is comparable/superior in this regard.

OT-Caedus wins.
one question why the lowball of caedus and vader is strong in this threads?
BoD (Away)
BoD (Away)
Level Three
Level Three

Darth Caedus vs Starkiller - Page 2 Empty Re: Darth Caedus vs Starkiller

on Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:09 pm
Shaak Ti has never been portrayed as a "pretty low level Jedi" IU. If anything, it's the opposite.


Last edited by BreakofDawn on Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
DC77 (Reborn)
DC77 (Reborn)
Level Five
Level Five

Darth Caedus vs Starkiller - Page 2 Empty Re: Darth Caedus vs Starkiller

on Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:09 pm
@The lord of hunger Bro, you don't have to quote me every time you want to ask a question, just tag me. As for the answer, Vader is because a lot of his best feats got exposed as nothing more than hot air in the Az/Elm vs Ant debates, as well as other shenanigans from Ant. As for Caedus, Ziggy was the primary reason, but he's still not as low as Vader.
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger

Darth Caedus vs Starkiller - Page 2 Empty Re: Darth Caedus vs Starkiller

on Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:11 pm
@DC77 (Reborn) wrote:@lordofhunger Bro, you don't have to quote me every time you want to ask a question, just tag me. As for the answer, Vader is because a lot of his best feats got exposed as nothing more than hot air in the Az/Elm vs Ant debates, as well as other shenanigans from Ant. As for Caedus, Ziggy was the primary reason, but he's still not as low as Vader.
bruh i just see a thread of aayla vs caedus and there is people believing aayla can take him down....
BoD (Away)
BoD (Away)
Level Three
Level Three

Darth Caedus vs Starkiller - Page 2 Empty Re: Darth Caedus vs Starkiller

on Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:13 pm
As for the answer, Vader is because a lot of his best feats got exposed as nothing more than hot air in the Az/Elm vs Ant debates, as well as other shenanigans from Ant

Which isn't true. Ant's arguments primarily covered Galen/Starkiller vs Vader, not his actual feats.
DC77 (Reborn)
DC77 (Reborn)
Level Five
Level Five

Darth Caedus vs Starkiller - Page 2 Empty Re: Darth Caedus vs Starkiller

on Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:14 pm
They covered a lot actually.
BoD (Away)
BoD (Away)
Level Three
Level Three

Darth Caedus vs Starkiller - Page 2 Empty Re: Darth Caedus vs Starkiller

on Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:19 pm
They did indeed. However, the majority of it was a back and forth over the Galen fight.
DC77 (Reborn)
DC77 (Reborn)
Level Five
Level Five

Darth Caedus vs Starkiller - Page 2 Empty Re: Darth Caedus vs Starkiller

on Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:36 pm
Anyway, you gonna give reasons for why Galen wins? I don't particularly care if you're not interested in a WOT debate, only respond if you feel like it, but I'd like to see a couple lines of reasoning at least.
BoD (Away)
BoD (Away)
Level Three
Level Three

Darth Caedus vs Starkiller - Page 2 Empty Re: Darth Caedus vs Starkiller

on Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:47 pm
I've actually changed my mind. SK has impressed me more with his TK and environmental feats but Caedus' own feats make me think there's virtually no edge here (just went back over some of them and skimmed). I think that this will be decided by sabers, where I think Caedus will come out on top. SK's showings against Vader were impressive, but he was noted to be inferior to TFU 2 Vader, who at this point I definitely wouldn't put above Caedus in either skill or power.
DC77 (Reborn)
DC77 (Reborn)
Level Five
Level Five

Darth Caedus vs Starkiller - Page 2 Empty Re: Darth Caedus vs Starkiller

on Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:29 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Darth Caedus vs Starkiller - Page 2 1289255181 Nice, good man.
NotAA3
NotAA3
Level Three
Level Three

Darth Caedus vs Starkiller - Page 2 Empty Re: Darth Caedus vs Starkiller

on Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:03 pm
@DC77 (Reborn)

Well, there's 3 reasons why I think Galen can win this matchup:

1. Jacen hasn't shown anything close to his insane environmental feats (e.g. re-directing the ISD, atomising The Salvation, etc).

2. Jacen hasn't come close to stomping a combatant as badly as Galen did against Vader, in fact, throughout LOTF Jacen has consistently been taxed by opponents that are beneath Vader's level (e.g. Katarn, Mara and Sing - and while the latter two were obviously while he was vastly pre-prime, struggling with Sing, for example, isn't a good baseline, especially since a lot of the shit you try to hype up for Jacen e.g. scaling beyond Durron, happened in the time period where Sing gave him a fight).

3. Jacen doesn't really have any feats against incredibly high tier combatants, whereas Galen managed to largely mitigate Wankatine's Lightning, and lasted against him for around 30 seconds before entering Oneness, even pushing Sidious into "desperation".
Sponsored content

Darth Caedus vs Starkiller - Page 2 Empty Re: Darth Caedus vs Starkiller

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum