Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
lazybones
lazybones

Darth Tenebrous vs. Yoda Empty Darth Tenebrous vs. Yoda

April 21st 2019, 5:18 pm
Obviously Tenebrous loses this, but by what margin? Would his performance be similar to that of Dooku's (ie. routed in about 40 seconds), or something a lot more tightly fought? Could he even fare worse than Dooku? All-out fight.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

Darth Tenebrous vs. Yoda Empty Re: Darth Tenebrous vs. Yoda

April 21st 2019, 5:22 pm
Yoda one shots.
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

April 21st 2019, 5:31 pm
DC77 wrote:Yoda one shots.
Based on what?
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 21st 2019, 5:45 pm
Many things.
The Lost
The Lost
Level Five
Level Five

April 21st 2019, 6:16 pm
Even one would be sufficient to send the buttons on my jeans skittering across the room. Don't leave me on the edge like this.
TheNuisanceBird
TheNuisanceBird

April 21st 2019, 6:57 pm
There's not really enough info on Tenebrous. He might be too tall to fight Yoda considering he's described to somehow be Plageuis's height.
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Level Two
Level Two

April 21st 2019, 8:00 pm
Honestly, I think the margin between Tenebrous and Plagueis is pretty tight, and I don’t have Yoda very far above Plagueis. Tenebrous would lose 10/10 times but they’re solid to close fights.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

April 21st 2019, 10:45 pm
The Divine Source wrote:Honestly, I think the margin between Tenebrous and Plagueis is pretty tight, and I don’t have Yoda very far above Plagueis. Tenebrous would lose 10/10 times but they’re solid to close fights.

Not really. The gap between the Bith and the Muun is pretty darn massive. You could argue the same of Plagueis and Yoda. I do believe Yoda does indeed one-shot Tenebrous.

However, this does not mean Dooku is better. There's a rather big gap between AotC Yoda and RotS Yoda as well.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

April 22nd 2019, 12:34 am
well, for my two cents that nobody actually cares about... its worth mentioning that Teneb has a TK feat that puts him on Yoda's level, but other than one feat, he simply is not able to keep up with PT Yoda scaling, especially if somebody actually argued that Yoda was > Dooku, the fight becomes infinitely onesided.
LOTL

April 22nd 2019, 1:36 am
Based on what is Plagueis>>>>>>>>>>>>Tenebrous?

Also are there solid reasons for ROTS Yoda>>>>AoTC Yoda?
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

April 22nd 2019, 1:38 am
LOTL wrote:Based on what is Plagueis>>>>>>>>>>>>Tenebrous?

Also are there solid reasons for ROTS Yoda>>>>AoTC Yoda?

I'll get to this tomorrow but yes there is, plenty of reason for the gap between ROTS and AOTC Yoda lol
xolthol
xolthol
Level Five
Level Five

April 22nd 2019, 2:49 am
LOTL wrote:Also are there solid reasons for ROTS Yoda>>>>AoTC Yoda?

No but there is huge things showing that Yoda have decrease since 200 years so clearly no reason to think that Yoda have insanely increase between AotC znd RotS. Even though it seems pretty logic that Yoda have continued to decrease.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 22nd 2019, 7:51 am
There's nothing that remotely suggests Yoda improved vastly kek.
O-Siri
O-Siri

April 22nd 2019, 9:19 am
Probably better than Dooku but still a one-sided match.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

April 22nd 2019, 10:34 am
DC77 wrote:There's nothing that remotely suggests Yoda improved vastly kek.

Why do you think I would say Yoda improved vastly if there were no evidence suggesting so?
LOTL

April 22nd 2019, 10:57 am
Give a small summary on why then
LSDMB
LSDMB

April 22nd 2019, 11:04 am
Well generally if you find someone's feats later in time better, the general assumption is that they grew, rather than the assumption that you can attribute such feats to a previous character incarnation.

I don't think it's entirely unreasonable though, that Yoda could've become greater combatively over the close of the Clone Wars where he's now in a position where he has to take combat and the Sith much more seriously, and after he gains a deeper understanding of the Force and conquers his own character flaws on his spiritual journey at the end of TCW.
LOTL

April 22nd 2019, 11:07 am
That's my take on it too. I was just thinking about something more concrete. Obviously I too think that Yoda grew, though "vastly" might be stretching it.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 22nd 2019, 11:09 am
@Azronger Your perception of the "evidence" might not be the reality of the situation.

Darth Tenebrous vs. Yoda 228124001

Post whatever you have in any case though.
O-Siri
O-Siri

April 22nd 2019, 11:36 am
Thing is Yoda wasn't on the frontlines, pushing his skills to the limits almost all the time like Kenobi and Windu. Save for a handful of critical missions he served mainly in an advisory role throughout the war. And he was well past his prime as per multiple sources and near the end of his lifespand which doesn't leave much in the way of natural growth in a negligible 3 years out of a near nine hundred years of service.

TPM Yoda and RotS Yoda should be about the same tbh.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

April 22nd 2019, 11:38 am
Kilius wrote:Thing is Yoda wasn't on the frontlines, pushing his skills to the limits almost all the time like Kenobi and Windu. Save for a handful of critical missions he served mainly in an advisory role throughout the war. And he was well past his prime as per multiple sources and near the end of his lifespand which doesn't leave much in the way of natural growth in a negligible 3 years out of a near nine hundred years of service.

Could I have those quotes?
O-Siri
O-Siri

April 22nd 2019, 11:42 am
@In-sidiousvader

""Though it was true that he had slowed slightly in the years that Mace Windu had known him, Yoda's skill with a lightsaber was still second to none on the council." - Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter

“Impressive! While size matters not, only five can I lift since I passed 700.” - Jedi Path
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

April 22nd 2019, 11:51 am
Kilius wrote:@In-sidiousvader

""Though it was true that he had slowed slightly in the years that Mace Windu had known him, Yoda's skill with a lightsaber was still second to none on the council." - Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter

“Impressive! While size matters not, only five can I lift since I passed 700.” - Jedi Path

See the problem with that is, sure yoda is past his prime but all those quotes seem to take place around tpm or AOTC. What we do know is that Yoda was capable of competing with sidious and was still honed enough to defend corascant. In fact somebody did the calc IIRC and the ships yoda manipulated in the battle of corascaunt are heavier than the stones... even without that evidence though, he was constantly meditating on the force, he was constantly participating in battles even from afar. Considering how much someone like Krayt grew being in stasis (basically permenant meditation) it would make sense for Yoda to have grown by ROTS.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 22nd 2019, 12:01 pm
Kilius wrote:Thing is Yoda wasn't on the frontlines, pushing his skills to the limits almost all the time like Kenobi and Windu. Save for a handful of critical missions he served mainly in an advisory role throughout the war. And he was well past his prime as per multiple sources and near the end of his lifespand which doesn't leave much in the way of natural growth in a negligible 3 years out of a near nine hundred years of service.

This tbh. The only way you can definitively prove Yoda grew more powerful is with a direct comparison of feats (e.g. Yoda being unable to lift something in AOTC that he lifts later or performing better against a fighter who he'd previously fought). Since I'm pretty sure no feats exist which definitively put Yoda above his AOTC self the logical conclusion is that TPM Yoda~ROTS Yoda.
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Level Two
Level Two

April 22nd 2019, 12:03 pm
I think you may be jumping through a lot of hoops and ignoring a few things, but yeah, I personally don’t envision a large gap between TPM and ROTS Yoda.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum