on Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:05 pm
Maul
The Apprentice
The Apprentice
Level Two
Level Two

Cade Skywalker vs Darth Maul Empty Re: Cade Skywalker vs Darth Maul

on Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:51 pm
The people saying Cade wins really warm my heart. Anyway, can we get some reasons from either side?
DC77 (Reborn)
DC77 (Reborn)
Level Four
Level Four

on Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:02 pm
Not too knowledgeable on Cade, anybody mind sharing arguments for him?
Meatpants
Level One
Level One

on Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:30 pm
Maul
LOTL

on Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:53 pm
Krayt Dies wrote:The people saying Cade wins really warm my heart. Anyway, can we get some reasons from either side?

Based on Ant's theory, and your arguments, I think I am more on the side that Cade didn't get instantly stomped by Krayt. That's more than I can say for Maul, and DT is a massive edge. He also did very well against Vong Krayt, and combined with his growth, it is more impressive than getting smashed aside by a fraction of Sidious's power along with Savage, him being someone I am not sure is stronger than Krayt.

Isv
Isv

on Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:49 pm
Not sure where I rank Krayt, he seems like he should be good based on his performance against Kenobi, however he also kinda got fucked by Kenobi too and considering Krayt with vong coral should be > asharad hett, and prime maul was having good fights with an inferior Kenobi, it is somewhat safe to say ROTS Kenobi would kick his ass, and since asharad has some relativity to a much stronger kenobi, he and by extension cade skywalker would be too much for maul
Azronger
Azronger

on Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:14 am
Cade quite easily.
Greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

on Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:11 am
Krayt Dies wrote:The people saying Cade wins really warm my heart. Anyway, can we get some reasons from either side?

General scaling going off his feats. Cade makes several massive gains throughout Legacy. Getting retrained as Jedi, then a Sith, a massive power boost thanks to his father and another from Blue. Along with a few others IIRC.

His last fight with Krayt I don't find valid as Krayt was more convincing than fighting him. The moment Krayt felt the need to he just blitzed him with DT. But he doesn't really need it though.

I give the Maul the edge in sabers however as Cade has always been less refined and maybe Maul can pull something off. It won't be a consistent edge for him though. Hence the Cade majority.
The Apprentice
The Apprentice
Level Two
Level Two

on Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:27 am
@Greysentinel365

General scaling going off his feats. Cade makes several massive gains throughout Legacy. Getting retrained as Jedi, then a Sith, a massive power boost thanks to his father and another from Blue. Along with a few others IIRC.

This would have merit if you actually cited a feat for Cade prior to these massive increases. As for Cade healing Blue, I'm not convinced it's a power increase though I don't really feel the need to needlessly quibble over it.

His last fight with Krayt I don't find valid as Krayt was more convincing than fighting him.

Nonsense. Krayt telling Cade to surrender multiple times does not indicate he wasn't going all out (this is conjecture on your part).

The moment Krayt felt the need to he just blitzed him with DT. But he doesn't really need it though.

You're trying to make the fight look as bad for Cade as possible by fudging the details and adding in your own conjecture. Here is what we can say about the fight:

-Cade and Krayt duel for an extended period of time as can be seen by the fact that they are outside by the time the comic cuts back (Cade also likely drives Krayt back in this sequence).

-Cade negates Krayt's TK during the opening exchanges of the fight.

-Krayt despite unleashing Dark Transfer on a beaten Cade for a significant period of time couldn't kill him.

All of these 3 things indicate Cade is comparably powerful to Reborn Krayt. I wonder which could possibly be more reliable: the events of the comic itself or fanon speculation.

I give the Maul the edge in sabers however as Cade has always been less refined and maybe Maul can pull something off. It won't be a consistent edge for him though. Hence the Cade majority.

Kewl. It'd be nice if you could explain what exactly Cade scales above cause so far all I'm seeing is you mentioning Cade's power increases without establishing why they are relevant.
Greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

on Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:03 am
Nonsense. Krayt telling Cade to surrender multiple times does not indicate he wasn't going all out (this is conjecture on your part).

Krayt not wanting to kill him and make him his apprentice is a pretty good indicator. That at no point does he appear to make any effort is also a good indication.

Cade and Krayt duel for an extended period of time as can be seen by the fact that they are outside by the time the comic cuts back (Cade also likely drives Krayt back in this sequence).

Lol
Krayt Dies wrote: this is conjecture on your part.

It's off panel. But you  feel like throwing in that somehow Cade was dominant because it suits your point. Blatant bias to serve your point. More likely Krayt threw him out there. As you know. Krayt has actually shown he can do that

Cade negates Krayt's TK during the opening exchanges of the fight.

Krayt ragdolls him around the room. Drops him. Cade leaps toward Krayt as he preps lightning. That's all that happens Again. You're pushing BS

Krayt despite unleashing Dark Transfer on a beaten Cade for a significant period of time couldn't kill him.

......... He wasn't trying to? Have you read the comic? The point was to bring Cade near death to show him his vision. Krayt then uses memory walk on him to try and seduce him the dark side. Krayt doesn't try to kill him once in the entire duel

It'd be nice if you could explain what exactly Cade scales above cause so far all I'm seeing is you mentioning Cade's power increases without establishing why they are relevant.

Ship and satellite throwers? I thought you knew Cade's material. But you clearly don't judging by this post.
The Apprentice
The Apprentice
Level Two
Level Two

on Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:52 am
@Greysentinel365

Krayt not wanting to kill him and make him his apprentice is a pretty good indicator. That at no point does he appear to make any effort is also a good indication.

The fact that Krayt doesn't want to kill Cade doesn't mean he isn't trying to seriously defeat him especially since he wanted Cade to experience a vision like he did which he can't do if Cade's up on his feet and fighting lmao.

As for Krayt's shit talking and nonchalant appearance that doesn't mean he wasn't seriously trying especially since he literally says similar stuff in his first fight with Cade (e.g. boasting about how he honed his skills in The Clone Wars and how he's killed thousands of opponents since then and about how Cade can't win yet he is being hard pressed to outduel Cade as per the latter's dialogue).

Lol

Cade Skywalker vs Darth Maul 1668617588

It's off panel. But you feel like throwing in that somehow Cade was dominant because it suits your point. Blatant bias to serve your point. More likely Krayt threw him out there. As you know. Krayt has actually shown he can do that

We see Cade running at Krayt before the comic cuts and then we see their positions haven't switched yet they're both outside indicating Cade potentially pushed Krayt back. And ironically you say I'm bias yet throw in a statement which is supported absolutely nowhere in the comic: "More likely Krayt threw him out there." Let's not pretend like either of our conclusions are more likely than the other and in fact, I agree this point is to conjecture based to have any merit so let's just stick to the on panel fight. Though I will say that Krayt fighting Cade for a significant period of time off panel does lend some credence to my point regardless of whether Cade forced him back or not.

Krayt ragdolls him around the room. Drops him. Cade leaps toward Krayt as he preps lightning. That's all that happens Again. You're pushing BS

Krayt decides to drop Cade despite having an opportune moment to subdue him? I very much doubt it and think it's far more likely Cade just broke out of his TK hold.

......... He wasn't trying to? Have you read the comic? The point was to bring Cade near death to show him his vision. Krayt then uses memory walk on him to try and seduce him the dark side. Krayt doesn't try to kill him once in the entire duel.

Krayt's goal was to push Cade to near death by attempting to kill him and seeing if he could overcome it and heal himself so yes this should be Krayt's full strength as he was attempting to kill Cade contrary to your claims. He wanted an apprentice who had done what he had done which was conquered death:

"I needed to experience death to understand how you did it, but you showed me how to use the dark transfer of energy -- how to heal and how to kill."

---

"You are dying, boy, but that is good. Death is the only way you can understand my vision."

---

"It is out of this forge of fire and death -- of chaos and anger -- that you will be reborn."

---

"Tell me, my apprentice, can you defeat death as I did? Can you heal yourself?"

-Darth Krayt

Ship and satellite throwers? I thought you knew Cade's material. But you clearly don't judging by this post.

You are aware Cade has several avenues you could go down right? I was trying to limit it down to just a few. Anyway, I'm not sure either of these is beyond Maul tbh.
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level One
Level One

on Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:56 am
Skywalker
DC77 (Reborn)
DC77 (Reborn)
Level Four
Level Four

on Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:01 am
Cade probably based off his fights against Krayt.
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level One
Level One

on Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:02 am
@DC77 (Reborn) wrote:Cade probably based off his fights against Krayt.
Finally
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum