Suspect Insight Forums

Go down
LadyKulvax
LadyKulvax
Level One
Level One

Darth Tyranus VS. Darth Plagueis (Force Only) Empty Darth Tyranus VS. Darth Plagueis (Force Only)

on Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:11 pm
The Count Dooku wankery has grown strong, but if he's truly as powerful as they say he is. This should be a clear stomp.

Darth Tyranus VS. Darth Plagueis (Force Only) Images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcS0ElrcvcFK2mdBO0R7oVw19YkDMswmnAJcjyB3ha-VU0FmxUu8

Rules:
Force only.
Standard equipment.
Both gentlemen in their primes.

Setting:
Darth Tyranus VS. Darth Plagueis (Force Only) Images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQeepZXFDjXlG_aPHp58aKzTZSSlF_M9WlfRQHO9RbmnnLiF1vo
Meatpants
Level One
Level One

Darth Tyranus VS. Darth Plagueis (Force Only) Empty Re: Darth Tyranus VS. Darth Plagueis (Force Only)

on Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:27 pm
Dooku's probably stronger, but Plagueis might take it by virtue of his Midichlorian manipulation.
Azronger
Azronger

Darth Tyranus VS. Darth Plagueis (Force Only) Empty Re: Darth Tyranus VS. Darth Plagueis (Force Only)

on Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:41 pm
You could honestly make the case Tyranus is conventionally more powerful, although I'm not sure where I personally have him. I think Plagueis definitely takes the cake here by virtue of his midi-chlorian manipulation, though.
DC77 (Reborn)
DC77 (Reborn)
Level Four
Level Four

on Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:47 pm
Plagueis.
Meatpants
Level One
Level One

on Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:49 pm
That Plagueis picture is horrible. He used a lightsaber.
Ziggy
Ziggy

on Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:10 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Both pictures are pretty awful.

Anyhow, Plagueis has shown powers on a greater magnitude than the Count. He affected Naboo's geology. Dimmed the plasmic outer core responsible for heating it's sea, causing what was described to be an ice age, presumably without a concerted effort. Many decades(?) after this, he unbalanced the force, resulting in an increase of midi-chlorians for himself and his apprentice, as oppose to some nebulous power growth overtime.

He's also shown tremendous physical (augmented) feats, before said unbalancing. We all know what i'm talking about here.

If they were to fight i'd imagine it would be something like Anakin vs Dooku (pre-zoneanakin) but with Plagueis having a clearer head. In other words, Dooku tiring with Plagueis keeping up his offensive indefinitely.
The Apprentice
The Apprentice
Level Two
Level Two

on Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:41 pm
Dooku.
LSDMB
LSDMB

on Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:56 pm
Yeeaaaah.... I don't think Dooku wins this one. The extent to which Plagueis directly scales off of Bane, as well as someone like Ramage whose just absurdly powerful, as well as the tremors his death released, and the level of powers Plagueis was playing around with. I don't think Dooku stands a chance here.
Meatpants
Level One
Level One

on Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:06 am
Plagueis is actually underrated as hell.
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

on Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:12 am
Plagueis is Dooku's superior by a fairly wide margin.
Isv
Isv

on Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:51 am
Not Fair to Plaguies, not fair at all
TheGlory
TheGlory

on Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:13 am
Dooku dies here.
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Level One
Level One

on Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:41 am
Dooku loses pretty quickly if Plagueis isn’t pulling any punches. I don’t really think it’s a stomp though.
LadyKulvax
LadyKulvax
Level One
Level One

on Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:53 am
Reasons for why either wins?
slayne
slayne

on Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:55 am
What's the reasoning for Dooku standing any semblance of a chance in a fight like this?
The Witness
The Witness

on Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:40 pm
Going with the guy who James Luceno said is capable of defeating TPM Sidious. Dooku may be some what of a challenge in a lightsaber duel, but Plagueis horribly outclasses him in force, not even funny.
The Witness
The Witness

on Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:41 pm
@Slayne People have been raising Dooku quite high lately
ILS
ILS

on Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:42 pm
Plagueis definitely wins, but I imagine Dooku will put up a decent fight. The big thing for me is that TPM Maul was very much in awe of TPM Sidious (and by extension Darth Plagueis') power, whereas the same cannot be said for how he stacks up to Dooku.
xolthol
xolthol

on Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:52 pm
I think Plagueis
Meatpants
Level One
Level One

on Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:54 pm
Well I mean, TPM Sidious and Plagueis were perfectly capable of speed blitzing TPM Maul, the power disparity is apparent. Dooku puts up a good fight, but Plagueis outs.
LOTL

on Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:02 am
@ILS wrote:Plagueis definitely wins, but I imagine Dooku will put up a decent fight. The big thing for me is that TPM Maul was very much in awe of TPM Sidious (and by extension Darth Plagueis') power, whereas the same cannot be said for how he stacks up to Dooku.

Well, you can view that this way-Maul returned stronger than he ever was in TCW. We know that Savage must have felt this power but he is in complete awe of it only a few months later come Revival meaning Maul had to have increased considerably.

True he comes up rather highly short of the Sidious mark, but then again, Sidious too has grown in power by a rather vast margin( he was equal to Plagueis even before his burst of power scenario) thus this shouldn't be taken too stringently against the likes of Dooku.

Basically ROTS Sidious>>EoTPM Sidious>>TPM Sidious=Plagueis

But also, Dooku>TCW Maul>>>Revived Maul>TPM Maul

Is the gap so vast that another considerable gap is not going to even come close? I don't think so.
ILS
ILS

on Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:07 am
@LOTL wrote:
@ILS wrote:Plagueis definitely wins, but I imagine Dooku will put up a decent fight. The big thing for me is that TPM Maul was very much in awe of TPM Sidious (and by extension Darth Plagueis') power, whereas the same cannot be said for how he stacks up to Dooku.

Well, you can view that this way-Maul returned stronger than he ever was in TCW. We know that Savage must have felt this power but he is in complete awe of it only a few months later come Revival meaning Maul had to have increased considerably.

True he comes up rather highly short of the Sidious mark, but then again, Sidious too has grown in power by a rather vast margin( he was equal to Plagueis even before his burst of power scenario) thus this shouldn't be taken too stringently against the likes of Dooku.

Is the gap so vast that another considerable gap is not going to even come close? I don't think so.
Honestly, I don't see what any of that has to do with my point. The gap between Dooku and TPM Maul isn't such that Maul would be in awe of him (even Ventress, Grievous, Savage etc aren't), it's a perfectly legit fight that's worth discussing. Not so much the case with Maul vs Sheev or Plagueis.
darthbane77
darthbane77

on Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:08 am
Plagueis keks
Isv
Isv

on Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:25 am
@ILS wrote:
@LOTL wrote:

Honestly, I don't see what any of that has to do with my point. The gap between Dooku and TPM Maul isn't such that Maul would be in awe of him (even Ventress, Grievous, Savage etc aren't), it's a perfectly legit fight that's worth discussing. Not so much the case with Maul vs Sheev or Plagueis.

As a Grevious fan need I step in here?

Grevious is only good for sabers and he isn't in awe of Dooku, but Grevious is a better duelist than Maul there is no question about that. Whether we cite his performances against Mace or his overloading of a superior Obi-wan than the one that bullied Maul on the Turtle tanker he simply has better showings against higher caliber opponents...
ILS
ILS

on Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:56 am
In-sidiousvader wrote:
@ILS wrote:
@LOTL wrote:

As a Grevious fan need I step in here?

Grevious is only good for sabers and he isn't in awe of Dooku, but Grevious is a better duelist than Maul there is no question about that. Whether we cite his performances against Mace or his overloading of a superior Obi-wan than the one that bullied Maul on the Turtle tanker he simply has better showings against higher caliber opponents...
His performance of briefly skirmishing with Mace? Not seeing how that would even be beyond TPM Maul or Ventress' abilities. He "overloaded" Obi-Wan's defences, except he didn't, because the prose immediately after shows Obi-Wan tooling Grievous.

Grievous, snarling fury, ramped up the intensity and velocity of his attacks-sixteen per second, eighteen-until finally, at twenty strikes per second, he overloaded Obi-Wan's defense. So Obi-Wan used his defense to attack. A subtle shift in the angle of a single parry brought Obi-Wan's blade in contact not with the blade of the oncoming lightsaber, but with the handgrip. -slice-

The blade winked out of existence a hairbreadth before it would have burned through Obi-Wan's forehead. Half the severed lightsaber skittered away, along with the duranium thumb and first finger of the hand that had held it.

Grievous paused, eyes pulsing wide, then drawing narrow. He lifted his maimed hand and stared at the white-hot stumps that held now only half a useless lightsaber.

Obi-Wan smiled at him.

Grievous lunged.

Obi-Wan parried.

Pieces of lightsabers bounced on the durasteel deck.

Grievous looked down at the blade-sliced hunks of metal that were all he had left in his hands, then up at Obi-Wan's shining sky-colored blade, then down at his hands again, and then he seemed to suddenly remember that he had an urgent appointment somewhere else.

Anywhere else.
--Revenge of the Sith novel

Also, on the turtle tanker Maul was weaker than his TPM self, and even with that in mind, he still unbalanced Obi-Wan with Dun Moch, kicked his ass, and made him admit to being "outmatched", so I fail to see how your comparison checks out. RotS Kenobi is stronger than TCW Kenobi, yes, but he also dealt Grievous a thorough asswhooping, whereas Maul and Kenobi's battles were always hard fought in TCW. Not to mention Maul at no point had any intention of killing Obi-Wan because he wanted to drag out his revenge.

As a pure duelist, I don't necessarily see why Grievous is better than Maul, but maybe you can convince me.

Last edited by ILS on Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum