Suspect Insight Forums

Go down
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level One
Level One

Count Dooku vs Caedus  - Page 3 Empty Re: Count Dooku vs Caedus

on May 19th 2019, 2:15 am
@arkhamasylum3
, Luke was emotionally hindered (there's a quote which says so but I can't be bothered going to hunt for it seeing as I'm pretty sure you are aware of its existence) meaning you can't quantify how much power he was using and whether that power exceeded that of Sidious.

Actually, the novel depicts the exact opposite happening , since it’s specifically stated Luke “didn’t give him a chance to surrender” , which likely points to him going all-out against his nephew, at least during the duel. If you are referring to that quote of him not being in the best mental state, that was during the funeral of Mara Jade, it’s difficult to determine whether or not that continued later. But even then, Luke is vastly above Palpatine and Yoda in his natural state, and I don’t see him magically grow weaker than them with just a mental hindrance.
DarthSkywalker0
DarthSkywalker0
Moderator
Moderator

Count Dooku vs Caedus  - Page 3 Empty Re: Count Dooku vs Caedus

on May 19th 2019, 2:22 am
@mastercilghal wrote:@arkhamasylum3
, Luke was emotionally hindered (there's a quote which says so but I can't be bothered going to hunt for it seeing as I'm pretty sure you are aware of its existence) meaning you can't quantify how much power he was using and whether that power exceeded that of Sidious.

Actually, the novel depicts the exact opposite happening , since it’s specifically stated Luke “didn’t give him a chance to surrender” , which likely points to him going all-out against his nephew, at least during the duel. If you are referring to that quote of him not being in the best mental state, that was during the funeral of Mara Jade, it’s difficult to determine whether or not that continued later. But even then, Luke is vastly above Palpatine and Yoda in his natural state, and I don’t see him magically grow weaker than them with just a mental hindrance.

That doesn't preclude the notion of Luke being emotionally hindered, but in a vacuum perhaps you would have a point. But here is the quote in question:

Count Dooku vs Caedus  - Page 3 2019-05-18
Azronger
Azronger
Moderator
Moderator

Count Dooku vs Caedus  - Page 3 Empty Re: Count Dooku vs Caedus

on May 19th 2019, 3:37 am
@DC77

If you use blurbs now, get ready to concede Bane > Vitiate
DarthSkywalker0
DarthSkywalker0
Moderator
Moderator

Count Dooku vs Caedus  - Page 3 Empty Re: Count Dooku vs Caedus

on May 19th 2019, 3:39 am
@Azronger wrote:@DC77

If you use blurbs now, get ready to concede Bane > Vitiate
avatar
Meatpants
Level One
Level One

Count Dooku vs Caedus  - Page 3 Empty Re: Count Dooku vs Caedus

on May 19th 2019, 4:15 am
Doesn't matter what emotions hindered what. It's stated on numerous occasions that they were equally skilled in the force and in lightsaber combat.
DC77 (Reborn)
DC77 (Reborn)
Level Four
Level Four

Count Dooku vs Caedus  - Page 3 Empty Re: Count Dooku vs Caedus

on May 19th 2019, 7:42 am
@Azronger Or I could just concede they're faulty. Still waiting on the blurbs though.

Count Dooku vs Caedus  - Page 3 4037459623

Half the comparison to Dooku still stands anyway though, as does the rest of the post.
Azronger
Azronger
Moderator
Moderator

Count Dooku vs Caedus  - Page 3 Empty Re: Count Dooku vs Caedus

on May 19th 2019, 9:28 am
DC77 wrote:@Azronger Or I could just concede they're faulty. Still waiting on the blurbs though.

Count Dooku vs Caedus  - Page 3 4037459623

Half the comparison to Dooku still stands anyway though, as does the rest of the post.

Then concede away.
DC77 (Reborn)
DC77 (Reborn)
Level Four
Level Four

Count Dooku vs Caedus  - Page 3 Empty Re: Count Dooku vs Caedus

on May 19th 2019, 9:33 am
I will once the blurbs in question are posted.

Count Dooku vs Caedus  - Page 3 4037459623
Azronger
Azronger
Moderator
Moderator

Count Dooku vs Caedus  - Page 3 Empty Re: Count Dooku vs Caedus

on May 19th 2019, 9:41 am
DC77 wrote:I will once the blurbs in question are posted.

Count Dooku vs Caedus  - Page 3 4037459623

So, despite knowing fully well the dubious grounds blurbs as a whole stand on per Chee, you're still using one that benefits your favorite character, and you're only willing to concede if presented with other blurbs you don't like? Talk about gerrymandering.
DC77 (Reborn)
DC77 (Reborn)
Level Four
Level Four

Count Dooku vs Caedus  - Page 3 Empty Re: Count Dooku vs Caedus

on May 19th 2019, 10:24 am
I won't pretend I'm not guilty of bias but are you seriously insinuating that I'm this bias? Bro, I thought the emotes made it obvious I was joking...
ILS
ILS

Count Dooku vs Caedus  - Page 3 Empty Re: Count Dooku vs Caedus

on May 20th 2019, 7:09 am
@DC77

1. Novel blurbs are n-canon. There is no objective evidence corroborating the idea that Vader is inferior to Caedus.

2. Firstly, I'm not really convinced Luke is a better duelist than RotS Sidious. Especially when he is emotionally compromised like he was in the Caedus duel. Instead of having a clear, focused mind he was dealing with the anger he felt towards Caedus and the dread of seeing his son being tortured. It's even noted that Luke's attitude towards the fight was "Good. This is supposed to hurt." He showed up to have a slugging match with Caedus, which is why instead of just killing him he tried to pinpoint his kidney and "disable him in the most painful way possible." Which obviously didn't work out because the wound only made Caedus stronger and faster, and allowed him to pivot and re-open an older wound of Luke's. To say Caedus did "better" than Maul is also retarded, because while Caedus lost to an emotionally clouded Luke in what amounted to a scrappy brawl which ended in a handful of strikes, Maul actually traded numerous blows with Sheev in a traditional lightsaber duel and, depending on which version you go with, even landed a kick on him. It's much easier to trade blows with someone at point blank in a messy brawl than it is to go blow-for-blow in an actual lightsaber duel with someone as fast and clinical as Sheev.

Every other feat and line of scaling you produced after this point in your post was either A. shite compared to what Maul, Dooku and Vader possess or B. doesn't even logically follow from its premise.

If you have one, I advise not quitting your day job.
Azronger
Azronger
Moderator
Moderator

Count Dooku vs Caedus  - Page 3 Empty Re: Count Dooku vs Caedus

on May 20th 2019, 9:23 am
DC77 wrote:I won't pretend I'm not guilty of bias but are you seriously insinuating that I'm this bias? Bro, I thought the emotes made it obvious I was joking...

That's the worst attempt to save face I've seen in a while. You very clearly treated a blurb as legitimate evidence in your argument. So what exactly is the joke here? That you were going to concede? That's the only thing I can think of. And if you're not going to concede, then have fun with Bane > Valkorion.
The Apprentice
The Apprentice
Level Two
Level Two

Count Dooku vs Caedus  - Page 3 Empty Re: Count Dooku vs Caedus

on May 20th 2019, 12:08 pm
Damn DC77 got buried so badly here that I don't feel the need to respond tbh.

dark-sith123
dark-sith123

Count Dooku vs Caedus  - Page 3 Empty Re: Count Dooku vs Caedus

on May 20th 2019, 1:49 pm
So, blurbs are faulty but they're legitimate evidence for Caedus > Vader?

Is there something I'm missing here?
Blade_of_Dorin
Blade_of_Dorin

Count Dooku vs Caedus  - Page 3 Empty Re: Count Dooku vs Caedus

on May 22nd 2019, 5:54 pm
@DarthSkywalker0 wrote:
@Blade_of_Dorin wrote:@DarthSkywalker0 More powerful then Dooku and Maul, less powerful then Yoda and RotS Sheev


Why is he more powerful than Dooku?
Scaling he gets from his MFV self and imo just has better showings of raw power
Blade_of_Dorin
Blade_of_Dorin

Count Dooku vs Caedus  - Page 3 Empty Re: Count Dooku vs Caedus

on May 22nd 2019, 5:54 pm
@Meatpants wrote:Yeah nah. Lucas' quote is being twisted to make a copout argument for Dooku, Vader and Maul being about equal.
Fax
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level One
Level One

Count Dooku vs Caedus  - Page 3 Empty Re: Count Dooku vs Caedus

on September 30th 2019, 2:26 pm
Sidious
Krayt
Plagueis

Are very well above Caedus.
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level One
Level One

Count Dooku vs Caedus  - Page 3 Empty Re: Count Dooku vs Caedus

on November 20th 2019, 3:46 pm
Bump for relevance, Caedus wins
IdrisianGraecus
IdrisianGraecus
Level One
Level One

Count Dooku vs Caedus  - Page 3 Empty Re: Count Dooku vs Caedus

on November 20th 2019, 4:00 pm
Caedus
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Two
Level Two

Count Dooku vs Caedus  - Page 3 Empty Re: Count Dooku vs Caedus

on November 20th 2019, 4:09 pm
Pretty sure the old lady who lives down the road from me could beat Caedus at this point.

On another note, if blurbs are non-canon doesn't that invalidate a lot of the scaling we use, including Luke = Vader among others?
DC77 (Reborn)
DC77 (Reborn)
Level Four
Level Four

Count Dooku vs Caedus  - Page 3 Empty Re: Count Dooku vs Caedus

on November 20th 2019, 5:49 pm
@BreakofDawn:

Pretty sure the old lady who lives down the road from me could beat Caedus at this point.

I call bullshit and beg to differ.

OT-Looking back at this thread hurts my soul, seeking the weak arguments shot down and me getting trampled by everybody. That being said... I stand by the fact that Jacen wins, though for entirely different reasons.


Last edited by DC77 (Reborn) on November 20th 2019, 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Two
Level Two

Count Dooku vs Caedus  - Page 3 Empty Re: Count Dooku vs Caedus

on November 20th 2019, 6:49 pm
@DC77 (Reborn) wrote:@BreakofDawn":

Pretty sure the old lady who lives down the road from me could beat Caedus at this point.

I call bullshit and beg to differ.

OT-Looking back at this thread hurts my soul, seeking the weak arguments shot down and me getting trampled by everybody. That being said... I stand by the fact that Jacen wins, though for entirely different reasons.
You're right. The old lady and her husband could beat Caedus at this point.
DC77 (Reborn)
DC77 (Reborn)
Level Four
Level Four

Count Dooku vs Caedus  - Page 3 Empty Re: Count Dooku vs Caedus

on November 20th 2019, 6:54 pm
Don't dodge @BreakofDawn, I want reasons as to why Dooku wins.
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level One
Level One

Count Dooku vs Caedus  - Page 3 Empty Re: Count Dooku vs Caedus

on November 20th 2019, 6:59 pm
@DC77 (Reborn) wrote:Don't dodge @BreakofDawn, I want reasons as to why Dooku wins.
Idk what happened to you comment but it went something along the lines of "Seeing my old argument makes my head hurt, I vote Jacen but for different reasons." I would like to know those reasons and here your case for why Caedus beats Dooku
DC77 (Reborn)
DC77 (Reborn)
Level Four
Level Four

Count Dooku vs Caedus  - Page 3 Empty Re: Count Dooku vs Caedus

on November 20th 2019, 7:06 pm
They'll be provided, I just wanna see what BOD can bring to the table first.
Sponsored content

Count Dooku vs Caedus  - Page 3 Empty Re: Count Dooku vs Caedus

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum