Suspect Insight Forums

Go down
O-Siri
O-Siri

Agen Kolar vs Eeth Koth vs Kao Cen Darach - Page 2 Empty Re: Agen Kolar vs Eeth Koth vs Kao Cen Darach

on June 8th 2019, 8:54 pm
Between Koth and Kolar the former has more impressive showings imo. Holding his own and nearly beating TCW Grievous with an injured arm is superior to beating a Vos who wasn't trying to harm Agen and who had been instructed to surrender if it looked like one of them would get hurt. Don't know enough about Darach.
Blade_of_Dorin
Blade_of_Dorin

Agen Kolar vs Eeth Koth vs Kao Cen Darach - Page 2 Empty Re: Agen Kolar vs Eeth Koth vs Kao Cen Darach

on June 8th 2019, 9:01 pm
The Cosmic Force wrote:Kolar slaps.
Meatpants
Level One
Level One

on June 8th 2019, 10:31 pm
Kilius might have a point tbh
LadyKulvax
LadyKulvax
Level One
Level One

on June 8th 2019, 11:04 pm
@LadyKulvax wrote:Kao was a rough equal of Malgus in their fight without Vindican's interference. Satele makes it clear that Malgus in that confrontation is the most powerful dark sider she's ever met. This includes Darth Baras as of the Sacking of Coruscant, who prior to having his power permanently boosted by Sel-Makor, was far more powerful than Lord Fulminiss. Whose feats/accolades I described.

Kao Cen Darach ~ Return!Malgus > ToC!Baras >> Fulminiss ~ casually breaking the minds of four Sith Lords handpicked by Tenebrae himself to join his death cult, which are the most elite faction of Sith in the Empire.
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

on June 8th 2019, 11:38 pm
@LadyKulvax wrote:
@LadyKulvax wrote:Kao was a rough equal of Malgus in their fight without Vindican's interference. Satele makes it clear that Malgus in that confrontation is the most powerful dark sider she's ever met. This includes Darth Baras as of the Sacking of Coruscant, who prior to having his power permanently boosted by Sel-Makor, was far more powerful than Lord Fulminiss. Whose feats/accolades I described.

Kao Cen Darach ~ Return!Malgus > ToC!Baras >> Fulminiss ~ casually breaking the minds of four Sith Lords handpicked by Tenebrae himself to join his death cult, which are the most elite faction of Sith in the Empire.

That is a huge stretch and one that is laughably not supported in any context.
LadyKulvax
LadyKulvax
Level One
Level One

on June 8th 2019, 11:44 pm
What, there are sources for all of this. You know, you keep portraying yourself as some kind of SWTOR expert but you can't even grasp scaling that's been around for three years?
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

on June 9th 2019, 12:00 am
@LadyKulvax wrote:What, there are sources for all of this. You know, you keep portraying yourself as some kind of SWTOR expert but you can't even grasp scaling that's been around for three years?

1) There's no reason to assume that she was referring to Malgus as of Return, and not Hope.
2) There's no reason to assume she got an accurate understanding of Baras' power from their brief fight.
LadyKulvax
LadyKulvax
Level One
Level One

on June 9th 2019, 1:05 am
1.She specifically refers to the battle of Korriban in the quote.

2.There's no reason to assume that Satele Shan is suddenly impotent in her ability to sense the power of other Force-users when her career is built on empathic, farsight and Force sense powers in general. She literally felt the power of the Empire before Kao-Cen Darach did, because she has a natural affinity for her power. There is literally no reason to doubt she could feel Baras' power when she spends significant time in his presence. Nor does she change her mind in the more than a decade since then. She's fully aware of Baras' power given both Xerender and Nomen Karr were capable of matching and defeating him, before reporting directly to her.

There is literally no reason to assume she's wrong.
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

on June 9th 2019, 1:11 am
Can I see the quote, before I respond again?
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level One
Level One

on June 9th 2019, 1:20 am
Kilius wrote:Between Koth and Kolar the former has more impressive showings imo. Holding his own and nearly beating TCW Grievous with an injured arm is superior to beating a Vos who wasn't trying to harm Agen and who had been instructed to surrender if it looked like one of them would get hurt. Don't know enough about Darach.
You have a good point, however don’t forget that Kolar has more impressive accolades in general. Furthermore there are various factors to consider: TCW Grievus isn’t exactly as strong as his legends counterpart , Koth only subdued him through the force and the general was only using two lightsabers. Kit Fisto, who should be about equal to Kolar based on the b-team accolades faired better against Grievus than Koth did. Admittedly, it’s a good fight, but Kolar is more likely to come out on top.
LadyKulvax
LadyKulvax
Level One
Level One

on June 9th 2019, 1:27 am
SithArchaeologist wrote:Can I see the quote, before I respond again?

Satele Shan, The Journal of Master Gnost-Dural wrote:There in the hangars I encountered the most dangerous embodiment of the dark side I have ever experienced-the man who would later be known as Darth Malgus.
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

on June 9th 2019, 1:31 am
Dangerous =/= powerful
LadyKulvax
LadyKulvax
Level One
Level One

on June 9th 2019, 1:45 am
A cheap cop-out. Surely you can do better. Danger is a synonym for threat, menace and more importantly it can be defined as the quantifiable degree by which something can cause damage or harm. Seriously, I'll take that concession if that's the best you can come up with.
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

on June 9th 2019, 2:05 am
@LadyKulvax wrote:A cheap cop-out. Surely you can do better. Danger is a synonym for threat, menace and more importantly it can be defined as the quantifiable degree by which something can cause damage or harm. Seriously, I'll take that concession if that's the best you can come up with.

Danger is synonymous with threat, but threat doesn't translate to direct power. Malgus was the biggest threat she'd faced for a lot of reasons, direct power may not have been one of them. It's just not enough to go off of.
LadyKulvax
LadyKulvax
Level One
Level One

on June 9th 2019, 2:43 am
You know perfectly well what it means, you're being stubborn about it out of spite. She literally is referring to the powers he displayed when he almost killed her. She's literally confessing to terror at the thought of facing him again.

"There in the hangars I encountered the most dangerous embodiment of the dark side I have ever experienced-the man who would later be known as Darth Malgus. [...] I had engaged in hundreds of practice duels with my fellow Padawans, but nothing prepared me for the sheer ferocity of the Sith. Darth Malgus would have killed me then and there were it not for Master Kao."

"I entered the battlefield and was immediately disheartened to realize that the Sith Lord Darth Malgus was leading the enemy forces. After our last confrontation over Korriban, I had dreaded the possibility of another confrontation with Malgus, and my life was nearly forfeit again on this occasion. It was only the determination and strength of Captian Malcom that prevented it from happening. [...] In the aftermath of that fight, I counted myself lucky to be alive-and I was stunned to find that not only had we survived, but that we had won the day. [...] Though I was convinced that he was finished, Darth Malgus reappeared several years later, and that fact is proof that somehow, despite critical wounds, he pulled himself from the rubble and survived."
LOTL

on June 9th 2019, 7:35 am
Yeah, that doesn't necessarily put him above Baras especially since there is no method to know whether he used the full extent of his powers or not.
Meatpants
Level One
Level One

on June 9th 2019, 7:36 am
For the other two, Kolar has better accolades as a swordsman, but Koth arguably has a better feat in Grievous and was on the council well before Kolar IIRC
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level One
Level One

on June 9th 2019, 7:39 am
@Meatpants wrote:For the other two, Kolar has better accolades as a swordsman, but Koth arguably has a better feat in Grievous and was on the council well before Kolar IIRC
Don’t forget that, if Fisto and Kolar are equals, as is suggested by the ROTS novel, then Kolar beats Koth because Fisto objectivity performed better against TCW Grievus than Koth did.
LadyKulvax
LadyKulvax
Level One
Level One

on June 9th 2019, 8:14 am
@LOTL wrote:Yeah, that doesn't necessarily put him above Baras especially since there is no method to know whether he used the full extent of his powers or not.

It doesn't make any sense otherwise. Malgus is the more dangerous Sith as of Korriban. Here's what convinces me most though: Baras got completely stomped by Xerender. Who is for obvious reasons is not on par with Malgus in any iteration.
DC77 (Reborn)
DC77 (Reborn)
Level Four
Level Four

on June 9th 2019, 9:56 am
@mastercilghal Fisto performed better against The General due to him not being in optimal shape.

OT-Still Kolar.
Meatpants
Level One
Level One

on June 9th 2019, 10:01 am
I'm thinking Koth beats Kolar tbh
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level One
Level One

on June 9th 2019, 10:04 am
DC77 wrote:@mastercilghal Fisto performed better against The General due to him not being in optimal shape.

OT-Still Kolar.
True, but he was using 4 lightsabers which would have made him 2 times faster.
Meatpants
Level One
Level One

on June 10th 2019, 12:49 pm
No others thoughts on this? Koth seems like he could take Kolar, his GG feat seems to trump anything we've ever seen from Kolar; Koth was on the council far before Kolar got there; Koth has mastered the saberstaff and has incredible willpower. Apart from Kolar having a generic "one of the best swordsman in the Order" quote, I don't what else he has going for him.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level One
Level One

on June 10th 2019, 12:51 pm
@Meatpants wrote:No others thoughts on this? Koth seems like he could take Kolar, his GG feat seems to trump anything we've ever seen from Kolar; Koth was on the council far before Kolar got there; Koth has mastered the saberstaff and has incredible willpower. Apart from Kolar having a generic "one of the best swordsman in the Order" quote, I don't what else he has going for him.
He’s got that feat of stomping Quinlan Vos.
Meatpants
Level One
Level One

on June 10th 2019, 12:53 pm
Vos was instructed not to put up a fight iirc.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum