Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MP
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

Plo Koon vs Xanatos Empty Plo Koon vs Xanatos

June 1st 2019, 10:32 pm
Morals on. Who wins?
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

Plo Koon vs Xanatos Empty Re: Plo Koon vs Xanatos

June 1st 2019, 10:38 pm
Koon, but it should be a good fight
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

June 1st 2019, 11:25 pm
Xanatos. By a lot.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

June 2nd 2019, 2:46 am
Koon, I guess though I'd entertain arguments either way.
O-Siri
O-Siri

June 2nd 2019, 4:03 am
Plo Koon stalemated a version of Ventress who is capable of stomping Cestus Deception Kenobi who was capable of hard pressing Xanatos at times as a 13 year old Padawan. He should win with moderate difficulty.

HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

June 2nd 2019, 4:41 am
Kilius wrote:Plo Koon stalemated a version of Ventress who is capable of stomping Cestus Deception Kenobi who was capable of hard pressing Xanatos at times as a 13 year old Padawan. He should win with moderate difficulty.

Of the fight we see Ventress toys with and taunts Koon, who is then able to catch her off guard in a trade, after that she drives him back through the complex. Koon then circumstantially disarms her via environmental distraction and then Ventress overwhelms and pins him despite being one blade down.

Ventress never came close to stomping Kenobi. She landed one kick, which only managed to cause a problem for Kenobi due to falling onto the docks tight space. Remember Kenobi has tanked kicks from Maul with no issue. Likewise in the duel afterwards Kenobi matches her without issue. No them being underwater doesn't work. Because if Ventress really was that superior it would have translated as they would both have been equally hindered.

Another thing to note, both Kit and Obi-Wan were injured by going through the force field just prior to fighting Ventress

The underground lake's surface reflected flashes of red and yellow lightning as the energy field confining Obi-Wan and Kit Fisto lessened for an instant. He felt pain and fire as he lunged through, his lightsaber absorbing enough of the energy to keep the shield from frying him. It snapped back on swiftly enough to singe Kit's left heel as the Nautolan jumped free.

- Cestus Deception

Xanatos stalemates Qui-Gon consistently throughout the JA series, keep in mind this is a Jinn a decade younger than the slowing TPM Jinn who could match Maul for moderate periods. Jinn's hype as a duelist far exceeds Plo's. Likewise Plo has conceded inferiority to TPM Kenobi.

Xanatos wins.
LOTL

June 2nd 2019, 4:49 am
Yeah, Ventress basically lost to Kenobi. Kicking Kenobi, the latter being emotionally unbalanced, is not an indication of superiority, let alone vast superiority lol.

The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

June 2nd 2019, 5:11 am
I guess maybe Plo.
The Witness
The Witness

June 2nd 2019, 5:16 am
Plo Koon definitely wins. Also didn't Maul call him a worthy oponent? Considering how arrogant Maul is that really say's a lot.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

June 2nd 2019, 6:17 am
Grey made a pretty strong defence in favour of Xanatos. He probably wins unless someone can strike back with good arguments for Plo.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

June 2nd 2019, 8:10 am
I switched to Xanatos, grey convinced me
O-Siri
O-Siri

June 2nd 2019, 8:13 am
@Greysentinel365

Xanatos never stalemated Jinn. In Dark Jedi he gave him a strong fight, but because of his inferior footwork he is forced to retreat. In Captive Temple he puts up a better fight on account of having learned to fight ambidextrously but again his poor footwork gave Jinn the advantage and he is again forced to retreat. Xanato's can match him in physicals but is overall Jinn's inferior in skill and experience.

Koon Force pushed her and disarmed her(and I'm not see this "distraction" looking at the scan"). She kicked him in the broken arm and pushed him against the wall. In terms of who held the edge throughout it's 2-2.

Fair points on Kenobi vs Ventress though, I'm going to have to rethink my position on the this match up since the scaling chain isn't  as clear cut as I thought.

Last edited by Kilius on June 2nd 2019, 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total
The Witness
The Witness

June 2nd 2019, 9:19 am
@Greysentinel365 Not buying that TPM Kenobi is superior to Plo Koon. Where is this source from?
MP

June 2nd 2019, 9:20 am
He thinks that Koon conceding defeat to Kenobi in a spar in the Obi-Wan video game is evidence.
The Witness
The Witness

June 2nd 2019, 9:23 am
But didn't TPM Kenobi beat Mace in a sparring match lol
MP

June 2nd 2019, 9:24 am
Well the idea is that because Koon says it in the cutscene after the gameplay ends, it's continuity that he won.
The Witness
The Witness

June 2nd 2019, 9:34 am
Meatpants wrote:Well the idea is that because Koon says it in the cutscene after the gameplay ends, it's continuity that he won.

Eh that just unnecessarily over complicates things. If TPM Kenobi beat Plo in a sparring match then he also beat Mace as far as i'm concerned. Therefore this should not have a negative effect on Plo. Furthermore this shouldn't have any baring on Prime Plo Koon's abilities.
LOTL

June 2nd 2019, 9:34 am
Sam wrote:But didn't TPM Kenobi beat Mace in a sparring match lol

He didn't concede inferiority directly. Koon did
MP

June 2nd 2019, 9:36 am
I don't agree with it either, but only because it's just way too bizarre and weird. Kenobi "beats" every council member in the same way. Koon could have been humble or anything really. It's a spar, and what Koon says is just too inconclusive considering the context.
LOTL

June 2nd 2019, 9:37 am
Sparring matches have context, very few of them can actually tell the difference between combatants. One has to have an explicit confirmation, like Kenobi vs Fisto or Kenobi vs Koon to conclude superiority.

It is quite possible, quite likely that Mace just toyed with Kenobi in the spar considering his standing in the Jedi hierarchy.
LOTL

June 2nd 2019, 9:39 am
Meatpants wrote:I don't agree with it either, but only because it's just way too bizarre and weird. Kenobi "beats" every council member in the same way. Koon could have been humble or anything really. It's a spar, and what Koon says is just too inconclusive considering the context.

Jedi never lie though. Being humble is one thing, lying outright is quite another
MP

June 2nd 2019, 9:39 am
LOTL wrote:It is quite possible, quite likely that Mace just toyed with Kenobi in the spar considering his standing in the Jedi hierarchy.

Along with all the others like Ki-Adi Mundi, Tiin etc, but not Koon?
The Witness
The Witness

June 2nd 2019, 9:41 am
LOTL wrote:
Sam wrote:But didn't TPM Kenobi beat Mace in a sparring match lol

He didn't concede inferiority directly. Koon did

Whether Mace conceded inferiority or not Kenobi still technically beat him. 
Does this have any baring on prime Plo anyway?
Also is the Obi Wan game even canon to the legends continuity?
LOTL

June 2nd 2019, 9:42 am
Meatpants wrote:
LOTL wrote:It is quite possible, quite likely that Mace just toyed with Kenobi in the spar considering his standing in the Jedi hierarchy.

Along with all the others like Ki-Adi Mundi, Tiin etc, but not Koon?

Only Tiin. The rest are not a part of the official story and are not canon.

Like I said, Jedi never lie. Had Koon been toying with him, he wouldn't have conceded inferiority. Deliberately misleading a Jedi apprentice is something a Jedi Master can never do. Unless the circumstances are extraordinary.

Not sure why you find this so surprising though. By TPM Obi Wan easily has the feats and accolades to suggest that he can take Koon

Last edited by LOTL on June 2nd 2019, 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

June 2nd 2019, 9:43 am
Why is TPM Kenobi beating Koon relevant? For all, we know Koon grew in power from TPM to TCW.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum