Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

Favourite Sith Lord? - Page 2 Empty Re: Favourite Sith Lord?

April 22nd 2019, 10:22 am
Kilius wrote:1. Darth Bane
2. Darth Maul(TPM)
3. Darth Zannah
4. Darth Vader
5. Darth Sidious

I could listen to the Bane Trillogy audiobooks all day. Maul was best before TCW. The pre-TPM timeline is probubly the richest material in the PT era. Sidious may have been closer to 1 exept he stopped being interesting once he finally achieved his goals in RotS, Plaguies likewise lost his edge, played like a fiddle by his apprentice by the time of the 3rd act of his novel. Dooku was a great villian but could stand for a little more development, pity Luceno never wrote a pre-AotC novel.

Yeah, Darth Plagueis left off on Dooku's department from the Jedi Order too. Darth Tyranus would have been a more fitting sequel/spiritual successor to Darth Plagueis than Tarkin in my opinion.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

April 22nd 2019, 3:51 pm
Kilius wrote:1. Darth Bane
2. Darth Maul(TPM)
3. Darth Zannah
4. Darth Vader
5. Darth Sidious

I could listen to the Bane Trillogy audiobooks all day. Maul was best before TCW. The pre-TPM timeline is probubly the richest material in the PT era. Sidious may have been closer to 1 exept he stopped being interesting once he finally achieved his goals in RotS, Plaguies likewise lost his edge, played like a fiddle by his apprentice by the time of the 3rd act of his novel. Dooku was a great villian but could stand for a little more development, pity Luceno never wrote a pre-AotC novel.

Dude the Clone Wars era is disgustingly in depth, love it or hate it, the pre TPM era will never have as much lore crammed in as TCW, CW, Republic comics, CW era books had
The Witness
The Witness

April 22nd 2019, 5:49 pm
Darth Vader, Darth Bane, Darth Malak, Darth Malgus, Darth Tyranus, Darth Maul, Darth Sion in no particular order.
FreedonNadd
FreedonNadd

April 23rd 2019, 7:22 am
In-sidiousvader wrote:
Hellsjudge wrote:Sidious is a one dimensional character. What is so fascinating about him? The only legacy he has left are Star Wars memes.

I agree, but thats only in a broad sense. To explain the fascination behind sidious as an actual character he is almost a depiction of what we would all be if our moralities were inverted completely. Darth Plaguies establishes that Sidious isn't really evil per se, or at least that he is not like other kinds of evil. He was destined to become evil, he was created he was born of the ideology that with good there must be something to balance it, what is so interesting though, the impression I got when reading Plaguies is that Sheev could have become a functioning member of society were it not for his father and the emotional manipulation of Muun Hego Demmask. Now I say functioning member of society in the most loose connotation I can, he would be a Hannibal Lector type,  on the surface he would appear reasonable and charming, but he would go home every night to some poor Jedi or civillian in his basement that he would torture for glee, and then the cycle would repeat. At the very least he would not plunge the Galaxy into chaos for the hell of it. He would not institute genocide for fun, he would be a small town serial killer, and lets face it... Serial Killer's are simply fascinating. While I myself don't like too many serial killer characters, they are always so complex. What makes Palpatine more so, is that other than a few sadistic tendencies of the Sith he is largely "toned down enough" to be fun for everyone to read about. Yeah he has an evil cackle, and in some books he puts his hand through hearts, but he is at his core a very non gore affiliated villain with a fascinating psychology that is super powerful. Simply put, he is evil, but in that delicious sort of way where when he gets away with abhorrent acts and mass murder, you kinda root for him because the guy is just so damn interesting and talented.

You have Darth Bane for that: 

Favourite Sith Lord? - Page 2 Darth_10
O-Siri
O-Siri

April 23rd 2019, 11:25 am
In-sidiousvader wrote:Dude the Clone Wars era is disgustingly in depth, love it or hate it, the pre TPM era will never have as much lore crammed in as TCW, CW, Republic comics, CW era books had

You're right tbh. The Clone Wars era was the deepest most diverse era. I should have just said TPM era was my favorite. I did a rereading project a few months ago covering the PT era and I found this time period to be the most consistent and involving. The Clone War's multimedia project honestly was more uneven than I remembered. The Republic comics were solid and so was OCW, but aside from Shatterpoint, Legacy of the Jedi/Secrets of the Jedi, and Labyrinth of Evil I really didn't care for any of the novels or the Boba Fett series. Timeline was also a bit of a mess even before TCW.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 23rd 2019, 11:46 am
ISV is going to get triggered.

Favourite Sith Lord? - Page 2 228124001
O-Siri
O-Siri

April 23rd 2019, 11:52 am
DC77 wrote:ISV is going to get triggered.

Lol oh crap I totally forgot he was Boba Fett fan! I swear I never had that on the back of my mind when I wrote that. Seriously character is great just not the stories he was in.
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

April 23rd 2019, 11:55 am
Kilius wrote:
DC77 wrote:ISV is going to get triggered.

Lol oh crap I totally forgot he was Boba Fett fan! I swear I never had that on the back of my mind when I wrote that. Seriously character is great just not the stories he was in.

lol, nah bro its fine. The thing is, they are kiddy novels, but the amount of wank they have is insane. like that is Boba Fett's DE, you can hate it, but its still canon Favourite Sith Lord? - Page 2 4233314142 . Pre prime tussles with Grevious and Windu and doesn't immediately get blitzed. Armor can take shots from a fully raged out bloodlusted grevious etc. Its just so insane, I can see why some people get turned off Favourite Sith Lord? - Page 2 228124001 Favourite Sith Lord? - Page 2 815462187
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 23rd 2019, 12:24 pm
Aw, never got to see ISV get triggered.

Heathen
Heathen

April 23rd 2019, 9:27 pm
1. Vader

2. Bane
3. Maul
Blade_of_Dorin
Blade_of_Dorin
Level One
Level One

April 23rd 2019, 9:31 pm
ArkhamAsylum3 wrote:1. Vader

2. Sidious

3. Dooku
My exact list
Blade_of_Dorin
Blade_of_Dorin
Level One
Level One

April 23rd 2019, 9:48 pm
Tossup between Kylo Ren, Snoke, and Grievous for me
Heathen
Heathen

April 23rd 2019, 9:51 pm
Blade_of_Dorin wrote:Tossup between Kylo Ren, Snoke, and Grievous for me

None of these people are Sith Lords.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

April 24th 2019, 3:22 pm
Pretty sure he was joking...
dark-sith123
dark-sith123

April 24th 2019, 3:33 pm
Darth Sidious is my favorite- this isn't exactly a secret.
Vader and Maul come next (yes, Vader is one of my favorite Sith Lords AND I don't feel the urge to constantly lowball him).
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

November 17th 2019, 8:30 pm
1. Caedus
2. Vader
3. Krayt
Shioz
Shioz

November 18th 2019, 4:33 am
Krayt, Plagueis, Sidious, Vader, Caedus, Maul, Dooku, Exar Kun.
DoA
DoA

November 18th 2019, 5:36 am
Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)
1. Darth Sidious
2. The Shadow
3. Sheev Palpatine
4. The First Galactic Emperor
5. The Senate
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

November 18th 2019, 6:15 am
Plagueis
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

November 18th 2019, 7:29 am
Revan, Malak, Vader, Maul, Nadd in that irder
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 18th 2019, 12:12 pm
Caedus, then Vader.
Praxis
Praxis
Moderator | Champion of the Light
Moderator | Champion of the Light

November 18th 2019, 12:13 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
The Lord of Hunger
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 18th 2019, 2:00 pm
To clarify, I'll be considering anyone who was a Sith at some point in their lifetime regardless of whether they abandoned the Sith ideology later, and they're all ranked in order of how much I like them:

1. Vader
2. Sidious
3. Dooku
4. Vitiate
5. Revan
6. Plagueis
winebottle
winebottle

November 18th 2019, 6:46 pm
Vader, Malgus, Sidious, Plagueis
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

December 4th 2019, 3:38 am
1 - Tyranus

Rest are power hungry, weak willed one dimensional pathetic characters. Sith have always been slaves to their own ambitions thinking of nothing but strength and glory. They do not have a purpose or place in the galaxy.

P.S: There are characters which I do not regard as Sith like Revan and Kreia, who got rid of their titles.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum