Suspect Insight Forums

Go down
Rohirrim
Rohirrim

Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only) Empty Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only)

on Tue May 21, 2019 6:51 pm
Curious to see how you guys rate Vizsla's duels with Maul/Kenobi and how well do you think he would fare against the following opponents in a pure lightsaber contest. Battles take place in the Emperor's throne room (Death Star II). Only Disney canon sources are allowed.

Round 1: Obi-Wan Kenobi (TPM).
Round 2: LS Barriss Offee (TCW S2).
Round 3: Ahsoka Tano (TCW S4).
Round 4: Grand Inquisitor (Rebels S1).
Round 5: Kanan Jarrus (Rebels S4).
Round 6: Luke Skywalker (ESB).
The Apprentice
The Apprentice
Level Two
Level Two

Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only) Empty Re: Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only)

on Tue May 21, 2019 6:54 pm
That order though. Anyway, idk.
Rohirrim
Rohirrim

Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only) Empty Re: Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only)

on Tue May 21, 2019 6:58 pm
The Cosmic Force wrote:That order though. Anyway, idk.
It's chronological order, not reflective of combative capabilities.
DC77 (Reborn)
DC77 (Reborn)
Level Four
Level Four

Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only) Empty Re: Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only)

on Tue May 21, 2019 7:19 pm
1.Dies.
2.Wins.
3.Wins.
4.Wins.
5.Wins.
6.Wins.
Rohirrim
Rohirrim

Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only) Empty Re: Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only)

on Tue May 21, 2019 7:22 pm
DC77 wrote:2.Wins.
Would you say the outcome of that fight would change if it was DS Barriss instead?
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level One
Level One

Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only) Empty Re: Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only)

on Tue May 21, 2019 10:28 pm
Round 1: Obi-Wan Kenobi (TPM). Loses.
Round 2: LS Barriss Offee (TCW S2). Wins.
Round 3: Ahsoka Tano (TCW S4). Wins, good fight.
Round 4: Grand Inquisitor (Rebels S1). Loses. The GI was a former temple guardian and has bested other Jedi.
Round 5: Kanan Jarrus (Rebels S4). Loses.
Round 6: Luke Skywalker (ESB). Loses.
The Apprentice
The Apprentice
Level Two
Level Two

Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only) Empty Re: Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only)

on Tue May 21, 2019 10:55 pm
@Rohirrim wrote:
The Cosmic Force wrote:That order though. Anyway, idk.
It's chronological order, not reflective of combative capabilities.

Ah fair enough.
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only) Empty Re: Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only)

on Tue May 21, 2019 11:35 pm
Vizsla cleans house in all. No one here can challenge him in a serious fight.
Rohirrim
Rohirrim

Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only) Empty Re: Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only)

on Wed May 22, 2019 12:03 am
SithArchaeologist wrote:Vizsla cleans house in all. No one here can challenge him in a serious fight.

Didn't Ahsoka challenge him in their fight?
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level One
Level One

Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only) Empty Re: Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only)

on Wed May 22, 2019 12:04 am
He was probably toying with her, hence the "not bad, Jedi" comment.
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only) Empty Re: Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only)

on Wed May 22, 2019 12:12 am
@BreakofDawn wrote:He was probably toying with her, hence the "not bad, Jedi" comment.

This. He was clearly toying with her.
Rohirrim
Rohirrim

Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only) Empty Re: Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only)

on Wed May 22, 2019 12:25 am
SithArchaeologist wrote:
@BreakofDawn wrote:He was probably toying with her, hence the "not bad, Jedi" comment.

This. He was clearly toying with her.

I mean, I could see this being the case, but I wouldn't say it's clear that he was toying. That comment could just be banter or actually mean he was genuinely surprised that she posed a real challenge. You might be right though, so I'm not going to push this argument. Anyways, who would you say is the least accomplished duelist that could take him out? Maybe Qui-Gon Jinn or Asajj Ventress?
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only) Empty Re: Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only)

on Wed May 22, 2019 12:56 am
@Rohirrim wrote:
SithArchaeologist wrote:
@BreakofDawn wrote:He was probably toying with her, hence the "not bad, Jedi" comment.

This. He was clearly toying with her.

I mean, I could see this being the case, but I wouldn't say it's clear that he was toying. That comment could just be bante dper or actually mean he was genuinely surprised that she posed a real challenge. You might be right though, so I'm not going to push this argument. Anyways, who would you say is the least accomplished duelist that could take him out? Maybe Qui-Gon Jinn or Asajj Ventress?

Vizsla was clearly jobbing in that duel and still held the major advantage until Ahsoka's speed and agility allowed her to briefly outmaneuver him. Given Vizsla gave Maul a very, very good fight, I don't see Ventress being able to touch him. Jinn might, depending on the circumstances. Even a mid-CW Kenobi couldn't take him down, as Vizsla held the advantage until Kenobi began using the Force offensively.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level One
Level One

Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only) Empty Re: Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only)

on Wed May 22, 2019 12:59 am
@SithArchaeologist To be fair, the only reason Vizsla gave Maul a fight is because Maul didn't use the Force and Vizsla used attacks designed to catch Maul off-guard, from shooting at him to launching shurikens to chucking grenades at him. The end of the fight - when they were fighting on pretty much equal footing - showed Maul was able to quickly gain the upper hand over Pre, even without his lightsaber. Obi-Wan for example actually held the advantage over Pre, and that Obi-Wan < the Maul that fought Vizsla.
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only) Empty Re: Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only)

on Wed May 22, 2019 2:57 am
@BreakofDawn wrote:@SithArchaeologist To be fair, the only reason Vizsla gave Maul a fight is because Maul didn't use the Force and Vizsla used attacks designed to catch Maul off-guard, from shooting at him to launching shurikens to chucking grenades at him. The end of the fight - when they were fighting on pretty much equal footing - showed Maul was able to quickly gain the upper hand over Pre, even without his lightsaber. Obi-Wan for example actually held the advantage over Pre, and that Obi-Wan < the Maul that fought Vizsla.

He didn't use the Force offensively, no, but there's no reason to assume he didn't use passive Force abilities, especially since Filoni said he and his team designed this fight as "the Mandalorian battle suit vs the Force". And since this entire gauntlet is sabers only, the point is irrelevant.

Kenobi held an advantage only when he started using TK, which, again, is irrelevant here. Vizsla held a substantial advantage until Kenobi stopped engaging him on just the blade.
Trayus Marauder
Trayus Marauder

Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only) Empty Re: Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only)

on Thu May 23, 2019 1:42 pm
I'd say Vizsla could win all of these rounds considering the stipulation. Though I do have to ask, does Vizsla get his jetpack and other tools or is he restricted to just his saber and armour?
Rohirrim
Rohirrim

Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only) Empty Re: Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only)

on Thu May 23, 2019 2:50 pm
@Trayus Marauder wrote:I'd say Vizsla could win all of these rounds considering the stipulation. Though I do have to ask, does Vizsla get his jetpack and other tools or is he restricted to just his saber and armour?

Jetpack would only be fair game, I think. No explosives, fibercord whip and other tools, though.
Trayus Marauder
Trayus Marauder

Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only) Empty Re: Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only)

on Thu May 23, 2019 4:18 pm
@Rohirrim wrote:
@Trayus Marauder wrote:I'd say Vizsla could win all of these rounds considering the stipulation. Though I do have to ask, does Vizsla get his jetpack and other tools or is he restricted to just his saber and armour?

Jetpack would only be fair game, I think. No explosives, fibercord whip and other tools, though.

Then I'd say he takes all rounds given his increased movement options as well as his fearsome dueling capabilities.
O-Siri
O-Siri

Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only) Empty Re: Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only)

on Fri May 24, 2019 8:40 pm
Probably beats Bariss Coffee. If he can get the upper hand against TCW Kenobi, he can win more often than not against TPM Kenobi who doesn't have many impressive feats in Canon. Don't know enough about the others.

Rohirrim
Rohirrim

Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only) Empty Re: Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only)

on Fri May 24, 2019 9:55 pm
Kilius wrote:If he can get the upper hand against TCW Kenobi, he can win more often than not against TPM Kenobi who doesn't have many impressive feats in Canon.

I saw them as evenly matched in their TCW fight. Either way, your point still stands.
O-Siri
O-Siri

Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only) Empty Re: Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only)

on Fri May 24, 2019 10:01 pm
@Rohirrim wrote:
Kilius wrote:If he can get the upper hand against TCW Kenobi, he can win more often than not against TPM Kenobi who doesn't have many impressive feats in Canon.

I saw them as evenly matched in their TCW fight. Either way, your point still stands.

Overall evenly matched yeah, with Kenobi winning in the end, but he did get the advantage at one point, which is proof enough for me he can beat TPM Kenobi.
Rohirrim
Rohirrim

Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only) Empty Re: Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only)

on Fri May 24, 2019 10:07 pm
Kilius wrote:Overall evenly matched yeah, with Kenobi winning in the end, but he did get the advantage at one point, which is proof enough for me he can beat TPM Kenobi.

Agreed.
DC77 (Reborn)
DC77 (Reborn)
Level Four
Level Four

Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only) Empty Re: Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only)

on Sat May 25, 2019 12:18 am
@Kilius:

Probably beats Bariss Coffee.

Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only) 1076326320

Does he do it while drinking coffee?
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus

Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only) Empty Re: Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only)

on Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:22 pm
Dies
Wins
Wins
Wins
Dies
Dies
Sponsored content

Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only) Empty Re: Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only)

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum