Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Rohirrim
Rohirrim

Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only) Empty Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only)

May 21st 2019, 11:51 am
Curious to see how you guys rate Vizsla's duels with Maul/Kenobi and how well do you think he would fare against the following opponents in a pure lightsaber contest. Battles take place in the Emperor's throne room (Death Star II). Only Disney canon sources are allowed.

Round 1: Obi-Wan Kenobi (TPM).
Round 2: LS Barriss Offee (TCW S2).
Round 3: Ahsoka Tano (TCW S4).
Round 4: Grand Inquisitor (Rebels S1).
Round 5: Kanan Jarrus (Rebels S4).
Round 6: Luke Skywalker (ESB).
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only) Empty Re: Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only)

May 21st 2019, 11:54 am
That order though. Anyway, idk.
Rohirrim
Rohirrim

Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only) Empty Re: Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only)

May 21st 2019, 11:58 am
The Cosmic Force wrote:That order though. Anyway, idk.
It's chronological order, not reflective of combative capabilities.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

May 21st 2019, 12:19 pm
1.Dies.
2.Wins.
3.Wins.
4.Wins.
5.Wins.
6.Wins.
Rohirrim
Rohirrim

May 21st 2019, 12:22 pm
DC77 wrote:2.Wins.
Would you say the outcome of that fight would change if it was DS Barriss instead?
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

May 21st 2019, 3:28 pm
Round 1: Obi-Wan Kenobi (TPM). Loses.
Round 2: LS Barriss Offee (TCW S2). Wins.
Round 3: Ahsoka Tano (TCW S4). Wins, good fight.
Round 4: Grand Inquisitor (Rebels S1). Loses. The GI was a former temple guardian and has bested other Jedi.
Round 5: Kanan Jarrus (Rebels S4). Loses.
Round 6: Luke Skywalker (ESB). Loses.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

May 21st 2019, 3:55 pm
Rohirrim wrote:
The Cosmic Force wrote:That order though. Anyway, idk.
It's chronological order, not reflective of combative capabilities.

Ah fair enough.
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

May 21st 2019, 4:35 pm
Vizsla cleans house in all. No one here can challenge him in a serious fight.
Rohirrim
Rohirrim

May 21st 2019, 5:03 pm
SithArchaeologist wrote:Vizsla cleans house in all. No one here can challenge him in a serious fight.

Didn't Ahsoka challenge him in their fight?
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

May 21st 2019, 5:04 pm
He was probably toying with her, hence the "not bad, Jedi" comment.
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

May 21st 2019, 5:12 pm
BreakofDawn wrote:He was probably toying with her, hence the "not bad, Jedi" comment.

This. He was clearly toying with her.
Rohirrim
Rohirrim

May 21st 2019, 5:25 pm
SithArchaeologist wrote:
BreakofDawn wrote:He was probably toying with her, hence the "not bad, Jedi" comment.

I mean, I could see this being the case, but I wouldn't say it's clear that he was toying. That comment could just be banter or actually mean he was genuinely surprised that she posed a real challenge. You might be right though, so I'm not going to push this argument. Anyways, who would you say is the least accomplished duelist that could take him out? Maybe Qui-Gon Jinn or Asajj Ventress?
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

May 21st 2019, 5:56 pm
Rohirrim wrote:
SithArchaeologist wrote:

I mean, I could see this being the case, but I wouldn't say it's clear that he was toying. That comment could just be bante dper or actually mean he was genuinely surprised that she posed a real challenge. You might be right though, so I'm not going to push this argument. Anyways, who would you say is the least accomplished duelist that could take him out? Maybe Qui-Gon Jinn or Asajj Ventress?

Vizsla was clearly jobbing in that duel and still held the major advantage until Ahsoka's speed and agility allowed her to briefly outmaneuver him. Given Vizsla gave Maul a very, very good fight, I don't see Ventress being able to touch him. Jinn might, depending on the circumstances. Even a mid-CW Kenobi couldn't take him down, as Vizsla held the advantage until Kenobi began using the Force offensively.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

May 21st 2019, 5:59 pm
@SithArchaeologist To be fair, the only reason Vizsla gave Maul a fight is because Maul didn't use the Force and Vizsla used attacks designed to catch Maul off-guard, from shooting at him to launching shurikens to chucking grenades at him. The end of the fight - when they were fighting on pretty much equal footing - showed Maul was able to quickly gain the upper hand over Pre, even without his lightsaber. Obi-Wan for example actually held the advantage over Pre, and that Obi-Wan < the Maul that fought Vizsla.
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

May 21st 2019, 7:57 pm
BreakofDawn wrote:@SithArchaeologist To be fair, the only reason Vizsla gave Maul a fight is because Maul didn't use the Force and Vizsla used attacks designed to catch Maul off-guard, from shooting at him to launching shurikens to chucking grenades at him. The end of the fight - when they were fighting on pretty much equal footing - showed Maul was able to quickly gain the upper hand over Pre, even without his lightsaber. Obi-Wan for example actually held the advantage over Pre, and that Obi-Wan < the Maul that fought Vizsla.

He didn't use the Force offensively, no, but there's no reason to assume he didn't use passive Force abilities, especially since Filoni said he and his team designed this fight as "the Mandalorian battle suit vs the Force". And since this entire gauntlet is sabers only, the point is irrelevant.

Kenobi held an advantage only when he started using TK, which, again, is irrelevant here. Vizsla held a substantial advantage until Kenobi stopped engaging him on just the blade.
Trayus Marauder
Trayus Marauder

May 23rd 2019, 6:42 am
I'd say Vizsla could win all of these rounds considering the stipulation. Though I do have to ask, does Vizsla get his jetpack and other tools or is he restricted to just his saber and armour?
Rohirrim
Rohirrim

May 23rd 2019, 7:50 am
Trayus Marauder wrote:I'd say Vizsla could win all of these rounds considering the stipulation. Though I do have to ask, does Vizsla get his jetpack and other tools or is he restricted to just his saber and armour?

Jetpack would only be fair game, I think. No explosives, fibercord whip and other tools, though.
Trayus Marauder
Trayus Marauder

May 23rd 2019, 9:18 am
Rohirrim wrote:
Trayus Marauder wrote:I'd say Vizsla could win all of these rounds considering the stipulation. Though I do have to ask, does Vizsla get his jetpack and other tools or is he restricted to just his saber and armour?

Jetpack would only be fair game, I think. No explosives, fibercord whip and other tools, though.

Then I'd say he takes all rounds given his increased movement options as well as his fearsome dueling capabilities.
O-Siri
O-Siri

May 24th 2019, 1:40 pm
Probably beats Bariss Coffee. If he can get the upper hand against TCW Kenobi, he can win more often than not against TPM Kenobi who doesn't have many impressive feats in Canon. Don't know enough about the others.

Rohirrim
Rohirrim

May 24th 2019, 2:55 pm
Kilius wrote:If he can get the upper hand against TCW Kenobi, he can win more often than not against TPM Kenobi who doesn't have many impressive feats in Canon.

I saw them as evenly matched in their TCW fight. Either way, your point still stands.
O-Siri
O-Siri

May 24th 2019, 3:01 pm
Rohirrim wrote:
Kilius wrote:If he can get the upper hand against TCW Kenobi, he can win more often than not against TPM Kenobi who doesn't have many impressive feats in Canon.

I saw them as evenly matched in their TCW fight. Either way, your point still stands.

Overall evenly matched yeah, with Kenobi winning in the end, but he did get the advantage at one point, which is proof enough for me he can beat TPM Kenobi.
Rohirrim
Rohirrim

May 24th 2019, 3:07 pm
Kilius wrote:Overall evenly matched yeah, with Kenobi winning in the end, but he did get the advantage at one point, which is proof enough for me he can beat TPM Kenobi.

Agreed.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

May 24th 2019, 5:18 pm
@Kilius:

Probably beats Bariss Coffee.

Pre Vizsla vs Various Characters (sabers only) 1076326320

Does he do it while drinking coffee?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum