Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

★ Top Fifteen Tournament #7 - Yoda - Page 11 Empty Re: ★ Top Fifteen Tournament #7 - Yoda

January 21st 2020, 7:47 pm
Geth ashes
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

★ Top Fifteen Tournament #7 - Yoda - Page 11 Empty Re: ★ Top Fifteen Tournament #7 - Yoda

January 21st 2020, 7:48 pm
lorenzo.r.2nd wrote:wow my gethzerion effort somehow worked. am a.m.a.z.e.d.

No, people are switching because of unrelated reasons. I myself only moved my vote because Yoda's got a secure victory and I wanted to deny Revan from even getting in the running. Voting Yoda again now.

Last edited by ScionOfSkywalker77 on March 18th 2020, 8:58 am; edited 2 times in total
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

January 21st 2020, 7:51 pm
I switch to Kueller.
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

January 21st 2020, 7:53 pm
I switch to Geth
The Fallen Warrior
The Fallen Warrior
Level Four
Level Four

January 21st 2020, 8:19 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
I switch to darth bane

stop deleting post DarthCan't66
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

January 21st 2020, 11:16 pm
Changing back to Geth.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

January 22nd 2020, 12:32 am
boy
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

January 22nd 2020, 1:02 am
I’ll jump in for Geth given the extremely impressive feat against Luke.
xolthol
xolthol
Level Five
Level Five

January 22nd 2020, 1:05 am
Yoda
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

January 22nd 2020, 1:18 am
Yoda
Shioz
Shioz

January 22nd 2020, 3:37 am
So far I will vote for Geth, but I can change my mind if I hear weighty arguments in favor of Yoda.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

January 22nd 2020, 4:23 am
@DarthAnt66 I rescinded my initial vote for Yoda.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

January 22nd 2020, 7:52 am
@azronger who will u be going for?
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

January 22nd 2020, 8:01 am
I want to hear arguments for both sides.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

January 22nd 2020, 8:25 am
i believe the current majority are going for either yoda or gethzerion
Seturna
Seturna
Level One
Level One

January 22nd 2020, 9:01 am
Honestly agree
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

January 22nd 2020, 10:08 am
Voting for Yoda unless convinced otherwise
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

January 22nd 2020, 10:16 am
tbh the order should be like this:

1-luke skywalker
2-palpatine
3-valkorion
4-darish vol 
5-irek ismaren
6-anakin/yoda
7-gethzerion

idk if vol is banned?
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

January 22nd 2020, 10:18 am
The Gethzerion feat against Luke is in the same book where Luke is outright stated to be << Vader in power. Not sure how much credibility I'd give that as a feat so it's better to use other feats for her.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

January 22nd 2020, 10:18 am
gethzerion should rank above valk and anakin tbh, idk why they rank so high
The lord of hunger
The lord of hunger
Level Two
Level Two

January 22nd 2020, 10:23 am
lorenzo.r.2nd wrote:gethzerion should rank above valk and anakin tbh, idk why they rank so high
considering the fact that he one shotted a luke that it was confirmed in the novel <<< vader i cannot honestly see him been higher than either yoda or anakin tbh

pd: why caedus is not in here?
Divina
Divina

January 22nd 2020, 11:20 pm
i want to learn more about this mysterious gethzerion @lorenzo.r.2nd can you show me more please of gethzerion ★ Top Fifteen Tournament #7 - Yoda - Page 11 228124001
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

January 22nd 2020, 11:32 pm
there is honestly not much on her. she is incredibly powerful (she can cause huge storms, iirc). she has insanely strong lightning (capable of putting Luke 4 years after ROTJ down like he was a little kid), can one shot troops of stormtroopers with a wave of her hand. she likely is very, very skilled with the force, and likely has some really good abilities in her belt too.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

January 23rd 2020, 12:06 am
Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)
relatively short post

Gethzerion VS Yoda:

I know some have argued just Gethzerion and a handful of witches repulsed Yoda and a large group of Jedi after Chu'unthor crash, but the Cracken's Threat Dossier clarifies all the Nightsister clans across the planet "united and attacked the newcomers," so I don't think there's any way to extrapolate Gethzerion's power from that. 

★ Top Fifteen Tournament #7 - Yoda - Page 11 Dathom10

Gethzerion VS Palpatine:

I compiled the four out-of-universe Gethzerion quotes below. There's no question that Palpatine blockaded the planet, in part, because of Gethzerion's personal power, but note the other factors. Palpatine specifically feared that she would "spread her influence to the rest of the galaxy" and then "one day perhaps even challenge him" afterwards. Fearing a galactic uprising led by a super powerful Force user is different than fearing the super powerful Force user on a combative level. The latter isn't really insinuated anywhere. Palpatine being "stunned" by her power is super impressive, but I don't see how that suggests relativity? Note that this wouldn't have occured blong after ROTS anyway. If Yoda has never known Palpatine before and he suddenly popped up as a threat, I imagine he'd be "stunned" as well. Probably a lot more than stunned. Also, Palpatine ended up "allowing her" to stay on Dathomir. If she was a super-high-level threat, he could have easily just bombarded the planet from orbit. Feel free to disagree on this point, but I doubt that Palpatine would just let a Palpatine-tier Force user just hang around on a planet growing in strength. 

The Essential Guide To Characters wrote:When he was alive, Emperor Palpatine had known of Gethzerion. He allowed her twisted usage of the dark side of the Force as long as she was trapped on Dathomir, where an Imperial penal colony housed political prisoners.

Knowing the extent of her powers, though, he decided it would be dangerous to let her get off planet, so Palpatine ordered the orbiting airfield destroyed, in the process stranding many of his own people.

The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia wrote:Her powers grew through devotion to the dark side, and she was determined that her clan would rule, and eventually, escape the planet on which she had been stranded by Emperor Palpatine, who had been disturbed by Gethzerion's growing power.

--

But after Emperor Palpatine learned the power of the Nightsister's leader, Gethzerion, he ordered all prison's ships destroyed to prevent her from leaving the planet.

The Dark Side Sourcebook wrote:But the Emperor, who sensed Gethzerion's power through the Force, realized that once Gethzerion mastered the controls of a shuttle, she could reach the orbiting docking facility, and from there spread her influence to the rest of the galaxy, one day perhaps even challenging him. The Emperor ordered the orbital docks destroyed, abandoning the lmperial forces of the penal colony to Gethzerion and the Nightsisters.

Ships were assigned to periodically the planet and make orbital scans to ensure that the Nightsisters were still confined to Dathomir, but were given strict orders never to land.

This state of affairs continued for many years, until the death of the Emperor.

The Essential Guide To Planets And Moons wrote:When the Nightsisters made contact, the Emperor was stunned by the depth of their leader Gethzerion's power. Wanting to keep her abilities safely bottled up, Palpatine ordered the prison's ships destroyed from orbit; the stranded guards were enslaved by Gethzerion and her twisted followers.

---

Comparing both to Palpatine, Yoda's direct parity with ROTS Palpatine is more quantifiable than a post-ROTS Palpatine "stunned" and "disturbed" by Gethzerion. Yoda's also a nigh-unparalleled lightsaber combatant, which adds a whole nother layer of defense against Malgus than what Gethzerion has. He's just the safer bet.
Divina
Divina

January 23rd 2020, 12:11 am
thats a really good post ill be waiting for @lorenzo.r.2nd response, so i will be switching for my favorite green bundle of joy  ★ Top Fifteen Tournament #7 - Yoda - Page 11 3750555731 (yoda)
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum