Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

Revan versus Malgus Empty Revan versus Malgus

December 19th 2019, 2:42 pm
> Onslaught Malgus
> EoKOTOR Revan
> In character
> Win by death

Sabers
Force
All out
H2H

Who wins?
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

Revan versus Malgus Empty Re: Revan versus Malgus

December 19th 2019, 3:21 pm
Revan.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 19th 2019, 5:34 pm
Malgus, in all honesty. Comparably skilled (if not more so) and just as powerful and most likely more powerful.
HeartoftheForce
HeartoftheForce
Level Two
Level Two

December 19th 2019, 5:41 pm
Malgus >/= post KotET Outlander >>> SO KOTFE Outlander > Revan  

Revan versus Malgus 2960029119
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 19th 2019, 5:58 pm
Malgus >/= post KotET Outlander >>> SO KOTFE Outlander > Revan  

Revan versus Malgus 2960029119

I don't think anyone has ever said this. As in, ever.

Anyway, the trolling fails considering that I for one have only ever said that Malgus managing to break the Outlander's passive barrier is a huge feat.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

December 19th 2019, 6:27 pm
i think revan is smarter and overall better in the force, maybe more experienced, while malgus is more physically capable, and maybe the better fighter. i wanna say revan, cuz he is more hax.
AncientPower
AncientPower
Suspect Hero | Level Four

December 19th 2019, 7:14 pm
EoKOTOR Revan isn't beating prime Malgus. I'm not even inclined to believe he beats FE Malgus.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

December 20th 2019, 6:35 am
Tbf the duel indicates Malgus did legitimately pressure the Commander.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

December 20th 2019, 7:00 am
KOTOR Revan prolly takes it tbh.
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

December 20th 2019, 7:53 am
Does Eo stand for end of? If so Revan definetly wins from what I've seen of Malgus
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

December 20th 2019, 8:56 am
Cheth wrote:Does Eo stand for end of? If so Revan definetly wins from what I've seen of Malgus

Yes it does. Revan after defeating Malak.
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

December 20th 2019, 9:41 am
Revan.
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

December 20th 2019, 9:41 am
HellfireUnit wrote:
Cheth wrote:Does Eo stand for end of? If so Revan definetly wins from what I've seen of Malgus

Yes it does. Revan after defeating Malak.
Ye then Revan
AncientPower
AncientPower

December 20th 2019, 7:55 pm
How is KotOR Revan defeating someone who can genuinely contend with Onslaught-lander?
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 20th 2019, 8:01 pm
Because he's Revan.
AncientPower
AncientPower

December 20th 2019, 9:03 pm
So what? It's not SOR.
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

December 20th 2019, 9:10 pm
He was being sarcastic.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 20th 2019, 9:46 pm
KingofBlades wrote:He was being sarcastic.
Yep, lol. It’s a good fight either way, though. If Malgus does win, it’s a close call. Contending with the Outlander doesn’t make him close in power considering the Outlander’s tendency to rely on lightsaber combat rather than his Vaylin+ level power, meaning that anyone of notable skill and with enough experience could logically put up a fight. That said, he did break their passive barrier (albeit while they were unprepared) and then yanked down a huge machine, both of which he did while injured.
Praxis
Praxis
Moderator | Champion of the Light

December 20th 2019, 11:01 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
It should be noted that during his fight with the Outlander, Malgus was unable to dispatch a padawan in Arn who struggled with using the Force due to his cybernetics. Malgus was likely being overwhelmed to the point where he couldn't even spare half a second to incapacitate the lowly cyborg. He was in such awe of the Outlander's power after the fight it convinced him right then and there that the Outlander was capable of taking down the man who destroyed all life on Ziost.

Version 1:
Revan versus Malgus WBcO1Qk

Version 2:
Revan versus Malgus 3CKpb7T

Those don't exactly sound like the words of a man thinking he just lost a close fight considering the weight of such a claim.

Revan should win here given his feat of running the Star Forge gauntlet. Malgus just doesn't have anything that compares. Force-pushing an off-guard Outlander while talking about how powerful the Outlander is after losing the fight isn't really something to write home about. In reality, Malgus' best victory is defeating Ven Zallow, who I don't think needs to be justified as being considerably below Malak who was capable of channeling the power of the Star Forge.
AncientPower
AncientPower

December 20th 2019, 11:23 pm
You don't deserve that Malgus profile picture.

Malgus has praised worthy opponents plenty of times before, that doesn't mean he got his ass kicked.

Ven Zallow is his best feat? What are you high on? During False Emperor he took on a pair of strike teams and the in-game dialogue during the battle consistently depicts that he's very difficult to take down. Those strike teams are consisting of Emperor-slaying, First Son-slaying, Baras-slaying and Thanaton-slaying Force users. Much more impressive than Malak.
Praxis
Praxis

December 21st 2019, 12:19 am
Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)
LadyKulvax wrote:You don't deserve that Malgus profile picture.

Revan versus Malgus 39523600

LadyKulvax wrote:Malgus has praised worthy opponents plenty of times before, that doesn't mean he got his ass kicked.

Yes, Malgus has given out plenty of compliments to people comparing them to someone that deathwaves a planet as well as...

Spoiler:

LadyKulvax wrote:
Ven Zallow is his best feat? What are you high on? During False Emperor he took on a pair of strike teams and the in-game dialogue during the battle consistently depicts that he's very difficult to take down. Those strike teams are consisting of Emperor-slaying, First Son-slaying, Baras-slaying and Thanaton-slaying Force users. Much more impressive than Malak.

If you actually read what I wrote then you would know that this isn't the claim that I made. I said that Malgus' best victory is against Ven Zallow. And as for why Malgus pressing the strike team (who just finished fighting an army of droids) as you claim and then ultimately losing is better than Revan defeating SF Malak multiple times after fighting through an army of droids and Sith as well as Bastila has yet to be explained.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

December 21st 2019, 7:59 am
Those don't exactly sound like the words of a man thinking he just lost a close fight considering the weight of such a claim.

If you look at the end of the fight, note the distance between the combatants and Malgus:

Revan versus Malgus Screen57

Revan versus Malgus Screen56

Should speak for how the fight went and who was Malgus' priority. Who would he be more bothered about, an infinitely more powerful version of the character who alongside 3 others brought him down (and who at the very start of the fight was clearly his priority), or a knight and her cyborg padawan? Even here, something clearly happened in the fight to knock the other two back, and they admit that Malgus would have killed them anyway without the Outlander, so it's pretty clear the Outlander was the main challenge for him here.

In reality, Malgus' best victory is defeating Ven Zallow, 

Gnost-Dural. He also held the upper hand/dueled evenly with the protagonists until he started losing faith and certainty, again noted by the HoT. This was before his Onslaught growth, which has seen him Force push the Outlander (who, despite being off-guard, would still have an incredibly powerful passive barrier).

It should be noted that during his fight with the Outlander, Malgus was unable to dispatch a padawan in Arn who struggled with using the Force due to his cybernetics.
When was that stated? Arn's cybernetics are described as much an augmention as much as a replacement for his normal limbs, and he has feats like all but wiping out the Brothers (an entire gang of highly trained slavers) by himself.

Arn and Tau also admit that Malgus would have killed them were it not for the Outlander (who I doubt anyone would argue is above Malgus), and he fairly easily blasts them off their feet when they're in combat stances and have just seen the Outlander knocked backwards. 

Not to mention he broke the Outlander's passive barrier and dominated Tau/Arn while pretty badly injured (as in struggling to his feet injured). 

Malgus isn't close to the Outlander, but he's powerful enough to break his passive barrier while injured which in and of itself is a huge feat. He also held the trio off for what is suggested to be a decent amount of time, another immense feat.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

December 21st 2019, 2:09 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Praxis wrote:It should be noted that during his fight with the Outlander, Malgus was unable to dispatch a padawan in Arn who struggled with using the Force due to his cybernetics. Malgus was likely being overwhelmed to the point where he couldn't even spare half a second to incapacitate the lowly cyborg. He was in such awe of the Outlander's power after the fight it convinced him right then and there that the Outlander was capable of taking down the man who destroyed all life on Ziost.

Version 1:
Revan versus Malgus WBcO1Qk

Version 2:
Revan versus Malgus 3CKpb7T

Revan should win here given his feat of running the Star Forge gauntlet. Malgus just doesn't have anything that compares. Force-pushing an off-guard Outlander while talking about how powerful the Outlander is after losing the fight isn't really something to write home about. In reality, Malgus' best victory is defeating Ven Zallow, who I don't think needs to be justified as being considerably below Malak who was capable of channeling the power of the Star Forge.

"You thought I was destroyed all those years ago... I will show you the true nature of destruction!"

"None of you have the resolve--the strength to beat me!"

"Your resistance is commendable... but futile."

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Onslaught

This is Malgus's dialogue during the fight. To me, it indicates he didn't go down easily. Before the fight began, he was also confident he would "easily" solo the trio. Granted, he doesn't know of the Commander's power growth, so he expects this to be the same guy who fought him as of the False Emperor flashpoint. Yes, you could say it's just typical Sith arrogance, but I think the fact that he did pressure the Commander at their peak gives credence to his words. I would peg him somewhere around Arcann's level overall.

I don't think him being unable to take out Arn is a black mark on him. I mean, we could extend the same logic to Revan and say he failed to take out several non-Force-sensitives despite being amped by the Yavin IV nexus, and therefore was dominated by Marr, a weakened Satele, and a weakened Hero - which wouldn't necessarily put him above Malgus at all. Regardless, Tau conceded that without the Commander, she and Arn would have died for sure, and even with the Commander there, they were "lucky" to survive. I think it's just a matter of the Commander being his priority.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum