Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

Mace Windu runs the Revan gauntlet Empty Mace Windu runs the Revan gauntlet

November 26th 2019, 2:29 pm
Mace Windu as of RotS

Mace is healed fully after each round

R1: Revan (Mandalorian Wars)
R2: Revan (Darth)
R3: Revan (Foundry)
R4: Revan (KotOR)
R5: Revan (Reborn)
R6: Revan (SoR)
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

Mace Windu runs the Revan gauntlet Empty Re: Mace Windu runs the Revan gauntlet

November 26th 2019, 2:37 pm
Reborn or SoR
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

November 26th 2019, 2:38 pm
Clears
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 26th 2019, 2:46 pm
Potentially clears, could die at SOR.
darthbane77
darthbane77

November 26th 2019, 3:30 pm
Falls to SoR in a phenomenal fight.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

November 26th 2019, 3:34 pm
Is this office Windu or base?
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

November 26th 2019, 3:39 pm
Clears
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 26th 2019, 3:41 pm
Clears.
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

November 26th 2019, 3:42 pm
Falls at 6
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

November 26th 2019, 5:00 pm
IdrisianGraecus wrote:Is this office Windu or base?
Office, even then there’s slim to no difference
AncientPower
AncientPower
Suspect Hero | Level Four
Suspect Hero | Level Four

November 26th 2019, 11:44 pm
Splits with Reborn.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 27th 2019, 10:32 am
LadyKulvax wrote:Splits with Reborn.
Out of curiosity, why does a tier 9 split with Revan Reborn? Can see a case for SoR, but not novel Revan.
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

November 27th 2019, 12:39 pm
Loses to 6
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

November 27th 2019, 12:39 pm
IdrisianGraecus wrote:Is this office Windu or base?
Why does it matter?
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 27th 2019, 1:08 pm
^ Base Mace and office Mace are basically indistinguishable.
Shioz
Shioz

November 28th 2019, 10:58 am
Clears.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

November 28th 2019, 11:37 am
Office Windu is amped.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 28th 2019, 11:41 am
To harness Sidious' power, Vaapad requires its user to have the strength of will as well as the sheer power and discipline to actually cope with the immense darkness. Both Depa and Sora have fallen because they simply weren't strong enough to harness this darkness. Mace not only harnessed this darkness with absolutely no risk of falling to the dark side in the process (suggesting immense discipline, willpower and thus power), but is a confirmed tier 9 and held off Sheev's rapidly increasing lightning despite being exhausted and surprised.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

November 28th 2019, 12:05 pm
He’s an 8 bordering on 9. And he lost to Sheev’s lightning while Sheev wasn’t at full potency. Sheev was also faking lmao
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

November 28th 2019, 12:19 pm
IdrisianGraecus wrote:He’s an 8 bordering on 9. And he lost to Sheev’s lightning while Sheev wasn’t at full potency. Sheev was also faking lmao

His base is 8 bordering on 9. With Vaapad AMP he is at least 9, otherwise he wouldn't have been a match for the Sith Lord. Also what makes you think he didn't unleash his full power against Mace? And he wasn't faking anything honestly, except for manipulating Anakin. The thing is Windu with Vaapad AMP still couldn't block Sheev's lightning and almost got killed.
IG
IG
Level Four
Level Four

November 28th 2019, 12:47 pm
Exactly. BoD refuses to acknowledge that Mace is amped is the problem.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 28th 2019, 12:49 pm
He’s an 8 bordering on 9.
Point me to a quote from The Making of Revenge of the Sith and not Nick Gillard's musings later on (without agreement from Lucas, I might add) that says this. Because the MoROTS clearly states that Nick agreed with Lucas that:

The Making of Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, page 133:

As they approach the end of the climactic battle between Obi-Wan and Anakin, Gillard explains how he's rated the various swordsmen: "On Attack of the Clones, I had to give them levels," he says. "Sidious is a level nine[out of ten]. On this film, Obi is eight-he's moved up-Anakin is a nine; Mace is a nine, Yoda is a nine. They're up with Sidious.
Once you get to eight, you have a Pandora's box. You could go any way with it. The way not to go is the dark side. But it would tempt you, because that would jump you right past the others. So you need to arrive at level eight at the right age-not as young as Anakin. That young, the dark side is just too tempting."

Plus by all means, use Gillard's quotes from years after ROTS without approval from Lucas hinself.

And he lost to Sheev’s lightning while Sheev wasn’t at full potency.
I wonder if you've actually read the novel.

Palpatine lifted his head. His eyes smoked with hate. "Fool," he said. He lifted his arms, his robes of office spreading wide into raptor's wings, his hands hooking into talons.
"Fool!" His voice was a shout of thunder. "Do you think the fear you feel is mine?"
Lightning blasted the clouds above, and lightning blasted from Palpatine's hands, and Mace didn't have time to comprehend what Palpatine was talking about; he had time only to slip back into Vaapad and angle his blade to catch the forking arcs of pure, dazzling hatred that clawed toward him. Because Vaapad is more than a fighting style. It is a state of mind: a channel for darkness. Power passed into him and out again without touching him. And the circuit completed itself: the lightning reflected back to its source. Palpatine staggered, snarling, but the blistering energy that loured from his hands only intensified. He fed the power with his pain.

Now Anakin was at Mace's shoulder. Palpatine still made no move to defend himself from Skywalker; instead he ramped up the lightning bursting from his hands, bending the fountain of Mace's blade back toward the Korun Master's face.

Multiple establishments that Sidious was amping up the lightning.

Sheev was also faking lmao
Once again, if you bothered to read the novel or look at Lucas' commentary, he faked the being weak bit, not the lightning. 

"Help me! I can't hold on any longer!" The yellow glare from Palpatine's eyes spread outward through his flesh. His skin flowed like oil, as though the muscle beneath was burning away, as though even the bones of his skull were softening, were bending and bulging, deforming from the heat and pressure of his electric hatred. "He is killing me, Anakin—! Please, Anaaahhh—"
Mace's blade bent so close to his face that he was choking on ozone. "Anakin, he's too strong for me—"
"Ahhh—" Palpatine's roar above the endless blast of lightning became a fading moan of despair. The lightning swallowed itself, leaving only the night and the rain, and an old man crumpled to his knees on a slippery ledge. "I... can't. I give up. I... I am too weak, in the end. Too old, and too weak. Don't kill me, Master Jedi. Please. I surrender."

Sidious' full power is about to overwhelm an exhausted Mace so he cuts it at the last second and pretends to be weak.

Also, Sidious does try to kill Mace numerous times throughout the fight before you try to bring up about him trying to manipulate Anakin.

Last edited by BreakofDawn on November 28th 2019, 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 28th 2019, 12:51 pm
Exactly. BoD refuses to acknowledge that Mace is amped is the problem.

🇪🇭

I've repeatedly said that office Mace is a more powerful version of ROTS Mace because he's cutting loose ("there was no Jedi restraint here") and his ability to harness Sidious' darkness and power without losing himself in it (unlike Depa or Sora against vastly weaker dark side presences) speaks for his willpower and, due to the link between willpower and Force power, his raw power in the Force.
Blade_of_Dorin
Blade_of_Dorin
Level One
Level One

November 28th 2019, 2:45 pm
The Apprentice wrote:Potentially clears, could die at SOR.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum