Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

What is the order of authority within canon? Empty What is the order of authority within canon?

November 23rd 2019, 7:33 pm
Obviously George and the films/scripts are firmly at the top, but where do the following rank in terms of significance when they make a statement:

Leland Chee.
Pablo Hidalgo.
Daniel Wallace.
Ryder Windham.
Your average author (e.g. Drew Williams, Matthew Stover, Sean Stewart).

Second question: If one of these sub-Lucas/films/scripts figures made a statement on character power levels, are they automatically accepted as being the canon answer? 

I really don't understand half of the crap with author/executive statements so hoping someone can clear this up for me.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

What is the order of authority within canon? Empty Re: What is the order of authority within canon?

November 23rd 2019, 8:40 pm
i think that canonization can be changed depending on a few things- retconning, amount of counter evidence, and time as in, new info is released.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

What is the order of authority within canon? Empty Re: What is the order of authority within canon?

November 24th 2019, 9:44 am
"Drew Williams"

On topic, none of them have authority on power levels unless they're speaking on Lucas's behalf, unless you accept authorial intent, which I don't.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum