Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

Is Qui-Gon Jinn a master of Makashi? Empty Is Qui-Gon Jinn a master of Makashi?

November 22nd 2019, 8:40 am
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

Is Qui-Gon Jinn a master of Makashi? Empty Re: Is Qui-Gon Jinn a master of Makashi?

November 22nd 2019, 8:55 am
likely? his main form is ataru, or form 4 i believe
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

Is Qui-Gon Jinn a master of Makashi? Empty Re: Is Qui-Gon Jinn a master of Makashi?

November 22nd 2019, 9:02 am
It wasn’t his primary form, but I’m sure he learned it
MP
Moderator | Champion of Darkness

November 22nd 2019, 9:24 am
Yes, he’s said to have mastered it.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

November 22nd 2019, 9:52 am
he likely at least learned all of them, mustve had great skill in makashi, but we do learn that his best form is ataru. he was incredibly good at it too, even in his 60s, enough to match maul. he is certainly one of the best duelists in the PT era for sure. idk where he stands.

makes me wonder tho, how low he is compared to the god tier duelists lol

gui gon < TPM mace windu < jedi dooku << sith dooku < yoda < luke < prime luke... poor gui gon smh
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 22nd 2019, 9:54 am
lorenzo.r.2nd wrote:he likely at least learned all of them, mustve had great skill in makashi, but we do learn that his best form is ataru. he was incredibly good at it too, even in his 60s, enough to match maul. he is certainly one of the best duelists in the PT era for sure. idk where he stands.

makes me wonder tho, how low he is compared to the god tier duelists lol

gui gon < TPM mace windu < jedi dooku << sith dooku < yoda < luke < prime luke... poor gui gon smh
More like:

Qui-Gon < TPM Mace ~ Jedi Dooku << Sith Dooku < Yoda ~ prime Luke. I don't rate Luke as highly as most in technical skill as most of his feats are either circumstantial (e.g. beating DE Sidious who hadn't picked up a lightsaber in about 20 years while apparently having his full potential unlocked by Leia), or down to his insane Force abilities and augmentation. He's definitely a tier 9, but in pure skill I doubt he's better than ROTS Sheev, Yoda, Mace or KFV/MFV.

Qui-Gon is insanely skilled, actually. He's nothing to scoff at.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

November 22nd 2019, 10:00 am
oh i know, matching maul is in insanely good, considering that after maul came, he matched sheev in skill at least (holding back doesnt mean his skill vanishes, imo)
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 22nd 2019, 10:02 am
But to answer the question, OP: Yes, he did. Even if he hadn't been stated to have learned it, his master (Dooku) was the master of the form. I doubt he wouldn't have learned it.
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

November 22nd 2019, 10:52 am
Yea, there’s no reason to suggest he didn’t learn the forms, but I don’t think he was a master of all 7 forms like Yoda, Dooku’s ideology was that you should stick to one form and be the master of it. Obviously Dooku’s was Makashi
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

November 22nd 2019, 11:08 am
dooku did know and master all of them. he was also the one who taught qui gon ataru too, so he was prolly just as good with as qui gon was.
Jake
Jake
Level One
Level One

November 22nd 2019, 3:52 pm
He is highly skilled; Grievous is a master of the seven main lightsaber styles. He can outfight most Jedi, and delights in slaying them with the lightsabers of their fallen comrades.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars: What is a Sith Warrior?

As General Grievous' sole teacher, Dooku is the only one who could have instructed him to master every style. This is further supported by Grievous training his bodyguards in "all the Jedi arts", which is used synonymously with all forms of lightsaber combat. Needless to say, Dooku is going to be putting far more effort into training his first apprentice than he would Grievous - a mere tool who'll be discarded in three years - and still he trained him in the seven forms. So the Count cares little for Grievous, but here are his thoughts on Qui-Gon;

Dooku knew that a Master would be judged by the prowess of his Padawan, and he wanted the best of the best. When Yoda had given his approval of the match, Dooku had been satisfied. Another step had been taken toward his goal - to surpass Yoda as the greatest Jedi ever.

Star Wars: Legacy of the Jedi

To Dooku, a Master will be judged by the prowess of his Padawan, and since he wanted the best of the best, it's safe to say that he is going to be pushing his student for complete mastery of lightsaber combat. Qui-Gon has sparred thousands of times with Dooku, a being who has perfected Makashi, and has a mastery of all other forms. Forget Makashi, Jinn should have every aspect of every form completely mastered.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 22nd 2019, 4:24 pm
@BreakofDawn

I don't rate Luke as highly as most in technical skill as most of his feats are either circumstantial (e.g. beating DE Sidious who hadn't picked up a lightsaber in about 20 years while apparently having his full potential unlocked by Leia),

The first statement would be fine on its own (bolded), but no, the DE Sidious feat is not circumstantial. For starters, I'm 99% sure there's a quote that says ROTJ Sidious is on the level of Mace and Yoda as a duellist, but that's not even the main issue here. The underlined is outright false, all that's stated is that Leia unlocked resources within Luke (which is what generally happens when someone uses Battle Meditation) not that she brought him to his full potential.

Last edited by Word Salad on November 22nd 2019, 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

November 22nd 2019, 5:08 pm
To all those saying he probably knew/learned it, yes he would have knowledge/know how on using it. All the Jedi in the Jedi Order were trained in all the forms as noted in my generalized JK respect thread, as Padawans they then either had to master 1 or more of the lightsaber forms. (Not including Shii-Cho as they mastered that Form as Initiates)
MP

November 22nd 2019, 9:56 pm
They didn’t master Form 1 as initiates, they became proficient at it.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

November 22nd 2019, 10:01 pm
Meatpants wrote:They didn’t master Form 1 as initiates, they became proficient at it.

They mastered it, they have to demonstrate mastery of it before they can continue. It's the basic foundation of all other lightsaber forms, it'd make sense they would have to master it to fully then grasp all the other forms, if nothing else to also fall back on it in times of need.
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

November 30th 2019, 4:35 pm
I would assume so. But obviously it wasn’t his main form. Dooku probably pushed Makashi into Jinn
Gaunter O'Dimm
Gaunter O'Dimm

December 2nd 2019, 4:36 am
Yeah, but not to the same extent as Dooku, obviously.
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level Six
Level Six

December 2nd 2019, 4:39 am
Gaunter O'Dimm wrote:Yeah, but not to the same extent as Dooku, obviously.

Noone comes near Dooku when it comes to mastering Makashi.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

December 2nd 2019, 8:02 am
legit lol
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum