Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

What is Balance to the force? Empty What is Balance to the force?

November 19th 2019, 1:42 pm
I have a few questions on the term 'Balance to the force' and 'The Chosen One'

1. How exactly did Anakin bring balance to the force?
2. What is balance referencing? Literal balance? Harmony?
3. If Anakin brought balance, why did events like Abeloth happen, it seems as though Anakin didn't do much in the grand scheme of things besides maybe killing the Ones. 
4. Why was Anakin chosen to bring balance to the force?

Add more if you'd like.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

What is Balance to the force? Empty Re: What is Balance to the force?

November 19th 2019, 1:59 pm
1- i can think of two ways- anakin killed off the jedi bringing balance to the forc, cuz it was pretty much mega light sided by that point. which after a few years, unbalanced it again by making it dark sided, as there was too much power in the dark side, while there were less and less light siders. by killing off sheev, he brought balance to it for idk how many years. i think only until the legacy era (as in cade's era) did it actually get unbalanced again.

2- not harmony, i think, since both sides hate each other regardless, but a literal sense, the sides need to be 'evened out'. as in, having 100 weak jedi, and 1 strong sith might make the force balanced. having 100 weak sith, and 1 strong jedi might make the force balanced. just examples, kinda.

3- in legends, his prophecy is to kill off the sith, and not dark siders. see, lumiya, caedus, krayt and his sith, are not considered real sith by the other sith. they are, in their eyes, rip off sith. why lumyai? she was never a sith lord/lady. she made herself one after vader died, who was her master, making her title not legit. why not ceadus? he was trained by lumiya, a fake sith, making his sith title also not legit. why krayt? he was trained by a real sith like lumya was trained by vader, but i think that he, just like her, was not made a lord either, among maybe a few other things.

4- anakin wasnt chosen. he was made for the job. plagueis did not make him directly, like the tales say he did. anakin was made to counter plagueis fucking with the force and its laws. he was made out of nothing, purely from the force. he couldve been any race, gender, age, etc. and he would still be the chosen one. no matter what he did, he would always be chosen one, one way or another, and he would always fulfill the prophecy, one way or another. something like that, at least
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

November 19th 2019, 2:23 pm
I'm pretty sure George Lucas' stance has always been that the Light Side is balance. It's the natural order of things, the way things are meant to be. Peace and harmony, and all that. The Dark Side is imbalance. It's a corruption to the natural order. It's twisting the Force toward one's own ends, rather than following its will. 

So, by Vader letting go of his hate (returning to the Light Side, to balance), and eliminating Sidious (the greatest source of imbalance in the galaxy), Anakin restored balance to the Force. Albeit, this is all undone in both Legends and Canon, so ultimately the Chosen One prophesy was totally a dud in regards to bringing balance to the Force. All he successfully did was end the ancient order of Sith (not that this stopped future generations from taking on the title).
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

November 19th 2019, 2:30 pm
lucas' idea of the light side only being the ideal was completely forgotten. almost everything in legends that speaks of balance says that u need to have the light and dark sides in balance.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

November 19th 2019, 4:36 pm
1. He killed the Emperor
2. Balance refers to when neither side of the Force is dominant
3. Abeloth happened allegedly because Caedus happened
4. He was created by the Force as a countermeasure against the machinations of Plagueis and Sidious
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 19th 2019, 4:47 pm
1. How exactly did Anakin bring balance to the force?

He killed the most powerful Sith of all time. The Sith had become too powerful and too greedy, to the point where their very existence began to threaten the balance. Anakin basically hit the reset button by killing Sheev. The Sith persevered, but they were weakened to the point that they never again recovered the same amount of power as Vader and Sidious did at their peak.

2. What is balance referencing? Literal balance? Harmony?

"Too much light or dark would spell the end of your reality."

3. If Anakin brought balance, why did events like Abeloth happen, it seems as though Anakin didn't do much in the grand scheme of things besides maybe killing the Ones. 

Abeloth isn't a part of the balance, exactly. She's sort of a side-effect of the balance shifting, and only escaped because the Son and Daughter weren't there to stop her and because Centrepoint Station was destroyed.

4. Why was Anakin chosen to bring balance to the force?

Because Plagueis began messing with nature and the laws of reality itself, causing the Force to actively oppose him and briefly gain some measure of self-awareness.
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

November 19th 2019, 5:07 pm
Azronger and BreakOfDawn wrote:1. He killed the Emperor
But he didn’t though, he came back via essence transfer
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

November 19th 2019, 5:17 pm
lorenzo.r.2nd wrote:lucas' idea of the light side only being the ideal was completely forgotten. almost everything in legends that speaks of balance says that u need to have the light and dark sides in balance.

So then what was the 1,000 years without the dark side then? Up until the Sith returned, everything seemed to go pretty well.
lorenzo.r.2nd
lorenzo.r.2nd
Level Three
Level Three

November 19th 2019, 5:18 pm
um, no. the sith were always there. remember how tenebrous' master made that mega whatever the fuck that even scared the jedi? the sith were growing stronger and stronger overtime alongside the jedi.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

November 19th 2019, 5:30 pm
EmperorCaedus wrote:

Resurrecting =/= not dying.
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

November 19th 2019, 6:11 pm
Azronger wrote:
EmperorCaedus wrote:

Yes, but he didn't really kill him for good, Luke did.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

November 19th 2019, 8:08 pm
EmperorCaedus wrote:
Azronger wrote:
EmperorCaedus wrote:

Ehh...not exactly, it was every Jedi that ever existed which ended up defeating him. Which would include Anakin Skywalker. So in a way, yeah he did kill the Emperor for good.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 19th 2019, 8:12 pm
Honestly, Dark Empire should just be discarded as the fanfiction it is when talking about things like the balance. It was an awful idea to bring Sidious back in that way, and it apparently requiring "every Jedi" to stop him from returning again, including Anakin, Mace, Yoda, Revan, the Outlander, etc? Yeah, fanfiction.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

November 19th 2019, 8:24 pm
BreakofDawn wrote:Honestly, Dark Empire should just be discarded as the fanfiction it is when talking about things like the balance. It was an awful idea to bring Sidious back in that way, and it apparently requiring "every Jedi" to stop him from returning again, including Anakin, Mace, Yoda, Revan, the Outlander, etc? Yeah, fanfiction.

I mean if you wanna view it as that, go for it. I don't really have much a problem with it frankly.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

November 19th 2019, 8:25 pm
lorenzo.r.2nd wrote:um, no. the sith were always there. remember how tenebrous' master made that mega whatever the fuck that even scared the jedi? the sith were growing stronger and stronger overtime alongside the jedi.

I mean yeah, but I was talking more like the Sith being out in the open and what not.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

November 20th 2019, 4:03 am
EmperorCaedus wrote:
Azronger wrote:
EmperorCaedus wrote:

Well, no, technically it was every Jedi spirit that ever lived. And thus hardly detracts from the fact that killing the Emperor brought balance to the Force.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

November 20th 2019, 4:05 am
BreakofDawn wrote:Honestly, Dark Empire should just be discarded as the fanfiction it is when talking about things like the balance. It was an awful idea to bring Sidious back in that way, and it apparently requiring "every Jedi" to stop him from returning again, including Anakin, Mace, Yoda, Revan, the Outlander, etc? Yeah, fanfiction.

Great idea. Now let's do the same to all of TOR.
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

November 20th 2019, 7:58 am
Yes, let’s do the same to TOR
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level Three
Level Three

November 20th 2019, 8:43 am
🇪🇭

As far as I am concerned , it makes perfect sense considering the kind of power Sidious wields. And let’s be honest, Valkorion is even worse in this regard.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 20th 2019, 3:33 pm
Azronger wrote:

I was referring more to the fact that it came across as very forced. He popped back up for 5 issues then got sent straight back to hell. If they were going to do it, it should have lasted longer IMO.
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

November 20th 2019, 3:52 pm
BreakofDawn wrote:
Azronger wrote:

I was referring more to the fact that it came across as very forced. He popped back up for 5 issues then got sent straight back to hell. If they were going to do it, it should have lasted longer IMO.
I agree, I feel like bringing Sheev back diminished Anakin’s final act as the chosen one.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

November 20th 2019, 4:01 pm
EmperorCaedus wrote:
BreakofDawn wrote:
Azronger wrote:

I agree, I feel like bringing Sheev back diminished Anakin’s final act as the chosen one.
I mean it was written before the whole Chosen One thing, before it was just him saving his son from an evil Emperor. It can’t really diminish what wasn’t in place at the time. 

I mean I guess if looking at it now sure, but that’s not really fair to the writer who had Lucas’ go ahead.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 20th 2019, 4:10 pm
Zenwolf wrote:
EmperorCaedus wrote:
BreakofDawn wrote:
Azronger wrote:

I mean it was written before the whole Chosen One thing, before it was just him saving his son from an evil Emperor. It can’t really diminish what wasn’t in place at the time. 

I mean I guess if looking at it now sure, but that’s not really fair to the writer who had Lucas’ go ahead.
Thing is, Lucas was already starting his work on the Prequel scripts at the end of ROTJ, so he'd have had a basic overview in mind. It's a little weird that he'd permit this, considering.
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

November 20th 2019, 4:23 pm
BreakofDawn wrote:
Zenwolf wrote:
EmperorCaedus wrote:
BreakofDawn wrote:
Azronger wrote:

Thing is, Lucas was already starting his work on the Prequel scripts at the end of ROTJ, so he'd have had a basic overview in mind. It's a little weird that he'd permit this, considering.
I mean what I said was still true, but it’s jarring how Lucas let him do it, even if it kind’ve makes the story a grey area. It shows that Lucas actually had no idea what was in store for the prequels, because he wouldn’t have allowed this if he came up with the whole Chosen One thing beforehand.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 20th 2019, 5:54 pm
I don't like DE, but discarding it as fanfiction seems a tad bit extreme.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum