Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

Brakiss(Legends) respect thread Empty Brakiss(Legends) respect thread

November 18th 2019, 2:08 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Well folks another RT coming in! I'll be doing a few of these today, trying to get out the short ones first!

Now we're gonna look at the Master of the Shadow Academy!

=========

Brakiss

Brakiss(Legends) respect thread 4807551-bra

Sourcebook/Encyclopedia Quotes

Spoiler:

Knows Affect Mind/Empathy, Force Healing, Force Lighting, Alter/Control, proficent with blaster pistols and simple weapons.

He was one of the few handful of Imperials who tried to infiltrate Luke Skywalker's Jedi Academy on Yavin 4. Unlike the others, Brakiss had a true talent for The Force.

- Taken from Complete Encyclopedia

Of the handful of Imperial spies sent to infiltrate Luke's academy, Brakiss showed true talent.

Novel Quotes

Brakiss gave a rich chuckle. "Of course. I have no need for reinforcements-and I know you are true to your word." Luke paused to reassure himself that the Force was indeed guiding his actions. Both he and Brakiss were strong enough in the Force to sense any betrayal by the other.

- Taken from Young Jedi Knights: Jedi Under Siege.

Strong enough in the Force to sense if Luke would betray him.

On his desk Brakiss balanced the two halves of the flare stick against each other, forming a triangle. The pale flame curled upward, strong and steady.

"Look at the flame," Brakiss said. "This is an example of what you can do with your Force abilities. Manipulating fire is a simple thing, a good first test. You'll see what I mean if you try. Watch."

Brakiss crooked one finger, and his gaze took on a faraway look. The bright fire began to dance, swaying back and forth, writhing as if it were alive. It grew taller and thinner, a mere tendril, then spread out to become a sphere, like a small glowing sun.

"Once you've mastered the simple things," Brakiss said, it you can try more amusing effects." He stretched the flame as if it were a rubber sheet, creating a contorted face with flashing eyes and gaping mouth. The face melted into the image of a dragon snapping its long head back and forth, then metamorphosed into a flickering portrait of Zekk himself, drawn in blue-green fire.

- Taken from Young Jedi Knights: The Lost Ones

Here he manipulates and morphs fire into a dragon and then into Zekk.

Closing his eyes, the Master of the Shadow Academy began to move his hands. Zekk watched through the observation port, his green eyes widening.

The ocean of rarefied incandescent gases between the dying stars started to swirl like arms of fire... writhing, changing shape, dancing in time with the hand motions Brakiss made. The dark teacher was manipulating the starfire itself!
He whispered to Zekk without opening his eyes, without observing the effect of his work. "The Force is in all things," Brakiss said, "from the smallest pebble to the largest star. This is just a glimmer of how Naga Sadow reached out to the stars and delivered a mortal wound five thousand years ago. "

- Taken from Young Jedi Knights: Lightsabers

Here Barkiss manipulates star fire.

Cole pulled his arms free, and ran for the door. He bumped Brakiss as he did so, and grabbed Brakiss's blaster.
The assassin droids outside were gone as if they had never been. If he could only remember-A bolt of electricity wrapped itself around him, sending a tingly jolting feeling through him. His body jerked, and flailed, and jerked, and his breath locked in his throat. His eyes were bugging out of his head, and he couldn't breathe..

... couldn't...

... breathe...

- and then the bolt released him. He fell to the floor, flopping like a fish, wishing he could stop, but completely unable to. Finally his muscles stopped jerking and he lay still, his muscles as useless as water.

Brakiss kicked him, turning him over. There was no one else near him. Eve remained in her torture chamber, in the same position she had been in before. Cole saw no stun equipment, nothing that could have caused that thoroughly unpleasant experience.

"Don't cross me again, boy," Brakiss said. "I could easily torture you myself, but I don't have the time to waste."

- Taken from New Rebellion

Use of Force Lighting.

At last, Brakiss shook his head sadly. "I did not wish to make an example of you. But you leave me no choice. You have chosen to pit your puny light-side powers against my own. I gave you one warning. You will not receive another."
With that, Brakiss lifted one hand slightly, almost as if to wave a fond farewell. Blue fire danced from his fingertips and surrounded Jaina in a haze of bright agony.

- Taken from Young Jedi Knights: Shadow Academy

Uses Force Lighting on Jaina, torturing her.

Brakiss felt fresh anger boiling within. It gave him strength. The power flowing in his veins tapped directly into the dark side of the Force. He could see why the Nightsister Tamith Kai had found the experience so exhilarating that she kept herself in a constant state of pent-up fury.

Brakiss had no patience for these meddling scarlet-clad obstacles. They were traitors to the Second Imperium-and he responded, letting the Force flow from deep within him.

His lightsaber dropped out of his billowing sleeve and fell firmly into his hand. His finger depressed the power button. A long rippling blade extended out, but Brakiss did not use it as a threat. He had grown tired of threats, of word games and diversions that prevented progress. He unleashed his anger.

"I have had enough of this!" He struck wildly from side to side. His anger narrowed his vision to a tunnel of black static that surrounded his two targets as they scrambled to use their force pikes against him. But Brakiss was a powerful Jedi. He knew the ways of the dark side, and the red Imperial guards had no chance against him.

In less than a second, Brakiss had struck both of them down.

- Taken from Young Jedi Knights: Jedi Under Seige

Here Brakiss kills two 'Imperial Guards' in less than a second I use the Guard term loosely, because at this point the Emperor is truly dead and the last of Guard were slaughtered except Kir Kanos. So really he's just killing Stormtroopers which had been promoted to Guard status, even still these are highly trained Troopers regardless.

If the Emperor had forsaken them, they were lost already. The battle had turned against the Second Imperium-and Brakiss had nothing more to lose.

He switched on his lightsaber again, held the thrumming weapon-and struck. The energy blade sparked and flared as it cut through the thick armor plating-nothing, not even Mandalorian iron or durasteel blast shielding, could resist the onslaught of a Jedi lightsaber.

He sliced through the hinges. Molten metal steamed and ran in silvery rivulets down the side of the door. He chopped again, hacking out an entrance, tearing open the wall like a labor droid dismantling a cargo container. He stepped aside as the thick chunk of armor plate fell to the deck with a deafening clang.

Brakiss stood waiting, frozen with indecision, as the smoke cleared. He held his lightsaber up... and finally stepped inside.

- Taken from Young Jedi Knights: Jedi Under Siege

Here he cuts through a thick armor plated door with his lightsaber, hacking open an entrance.

Tamith Kai's eyes blazed with violet fire as she fixed upon the battle. She spoke out of the corner of her wine-dark mouth, mocking Brakiss. "Your boy has no chance," she said. "Vilas is much more ruthless. I have trained him. Vonnda Ra has trained him. Even Garowyn has trained him. That young man is the culmination of our efforts on Dathomir.
Why bother with this wasteful contest? Just give Vilas command of the new Dark Jedi."

Brakiss sat, exuding outward calm, though Qorl could tell from the subtle reflexive expressions on his face each time the battle reached a new peak that this duel had filled the Shadow Academy Master with tension.

"Ali, Tamith Kai," he said, "you forget that I trained young Zekk. That counts for more than all the schooling of all your Nightsisters put together."

- Taken from Young Jedi Knights: Lightsabers

Despite that Vila was trained by several teachers, Brakiss states that his training of Zekk is more than anything that Vila has done.

With a snarl, Brakiss pulled his lightsaber from his waist. A bright red flame soared from it. Brakiss ran toward Luke and slashed as he moved.

Luke's lightsaber was in his hand instantly. He parried Brakiss's thrust, smashing Brakiss's lightblade against a nearby conveyor belt. Sparks flew. Brakiss recovered, slashed again, and Luke blocked the hit.

The lightsabers hummed, and clanged as they clashed. Thrust, parry, thrust, parry. Luke matched Brakiss movement for movement. Somewhere in the last few years, Brakiss had gained strength.

Brakiss tried a series of small thrusts, little movements designed to be parried, and then he arched the lightsaber in one great circular movement. Luke didn't move quickly enough. Brakiss's light-saber seared Luke's shirt, narrowly missing his skin. Luke then matched each movement of Brakiss's.

The assembly room was hot with the sparks from the light-saber blades. The edges of the conveyor belts glowed with the heat. Luke concentrated on each of Brakiss's movements, deciding to defend, never to attack.

Brakiss swung his lightsaber from left to right, going for Luke's unprotected sides. Luke blocked each attack. The swings got fiercer, the movements sloppier. Brakiss was no match for Luke, but he was a good, strong fighter, and they would both be exhausted before this match ended.

- Taken from The New Rebellion

Though not a match for Luke Skywalker, he is still noted as a strong fighter and that both he and Luke would be exhausted before their match ended.

=================

Well there you have it. Master of the Shadow Academy!
Quorian Debatist
Level One
Level One

Brakiss(Legends) respect thread Empty Re: Brakiss(Legends) respect thread

November 18th 2019, 10:34 pm
Good work Zenny. Brakiss is one of the greatest characters in the lore and I don't think anyone could have done him a better service.

That being said, good work on all the other threads as well but I don't want to spam them up. If I had a suggestion for a character that needs one, I'd say Kam Solusar if you're looking for ideas.
Zenwolf
Zenwolf
Level One
Level One

November 18th 2019, 10:42 pm
Quorian Debatist wrote:Good work Zenny. Brakiss is one of the greatest characters in the lore and I don't think anyone could have done him a better service.

That being said, good work on all the other threads as well but I don't want to spam them up. If I had a suggestion for a character that needs one, I'd say Kam Solusar if you're looking for ideas.

I probably won't be doing other respect threads for quite some time, after all the ones I have done, kinda has burned me out. But who knows, maybe some day.

Still thanks, hope everyone is learning much much more.
AncientPower
AncientPower
Suspect Hero | Level Four
Suspect Hero | Level Four

November 26th 2019, 8:02 pm
Great thread Zen.
Jake
Jake
Level One
Level One

December 3rd 2019, 5:38 pm
Nice thread. Some stuff that might be worth adding;

Those words had reverberated for Luke as Brakiss ran to his ship, as he escaped Yavin 4, as he tried to flee himself. I was amazed how strongly the Force was with him. I took it upon myself to train him as a Jedi. I thought that I could instruct him as well as Yoda. I was wrong.

Star Wars: The New Rebellion

Brakiss still had a thread of goodness in him, a thread he fought, but one that existed. Luke was afraid, though, that one day Brakiss would overcome that goodness, and would use all of his considerable powers for evil.

But Kueller's promises never held, especially with Brakiss. Kueller felt that Force-experienced warriors were rare, and he aimed to use each one in his power. The most talented one he had was Brakiss.

He half-hoped he would find Brakiss here, but he had no sense of the man. And by now, he would have. He would have known, through the Force, about the presence of someone else with such a natural talent.

Like Kueller, Brakiss is also growing considerably after each bomb detonation, something that Luke senses in their fight;

The terror rose in him, and he saw again that moment when Master Skywalker led Brakiss deep into Brakiss's own heart, that moment when he saw himself clearly and nearly lost his mind-A scream formed in his own throat-And died as the other screams exploded around him, filling him, warming him, melting the ice in the wind. He felt stronger, larger, more powerful than he ever had before. Instead of fear, his heart felt an odd, twisted joy.

The lightsabers hummed, and clanged as they clashed. Thrust, parry, thrust, parry. Luke matched Brakiss movement for movement. Somewhere in the last few years, Brakiss had gained strength.

[hideedit]
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum