Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

Uthar Wynn vs Darth Bandon ( KOTOR battle) Empty Uthar Wynn vs Darth Bandon ( KOTOR battle)

November 4th 2019, 3:33 pm
The Headteacher of Korriban Academy vs Malak's apprentice
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

Uthar Wynn vs Darth Bandon ( KOTOR battle) Empty Re: Uthar Wynn vs Darth Bandon ( KOTOR battle)

November 4th 2019, 3:45 pm
BANDON.
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

Uthar Wynn vs Darth Bandon ( KOTOR battle) Empty Re: Uthar Wynn vs Darth Bandon ( KOTOR battle)

November 5th 2019, 2:26 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Bandon. He became Malak's apprentice by being above all the Korriban Sith, iirc. Realistically, Malak would only take the strongest Sith in his forces as an apprentice. Bandon also has a quote saying he'd never met his equal in combat until Revan, iirc. Everything we have on Bandon indicates that he was second only to Malak, and might not have been far off from attempting a coup of his own. Heck, even just stat-wise, I'm pretty sure Bandon's in-game stats and abilities blow Uthar Wynn away. It's been a while since I played, but if I'm not mistaken, Bandon is actually a tougher foe (stat and talent-wise) than Leviathan Malak. Or maybe I'm remembering wrong, because of how easy the Leviathan Malak duel really is.
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

November 5th 2019, 4:51 am
Bandon ragdolls Uthar Wynn vs Darth Bandon ( KOTOR battle) 1076326320
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

November 5th 2019, 6:41 am
Uthar was one of those cheating pains in the arse that would get down to 2% health and spam death field to get back to full health

Moral of the story Bandon dies
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

November 5th 2019, 11:43 am
Lol.
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

November 5th 2019, 2:33 pm
CuckedCurry wrote:Uthar was one of those cheating pains in the arse that would get down to 2% health and spam death field to get back to full health

Moral of the story Bandon dies
I'm pretty sure Bandon does that as well lol.
Wait.... Bandon and Uthar can do death field but Malak can only do a baby life drain.
Does that make Bandon and Uthar>Malak?
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

November 5th 2019, 4:38 pm
Bandon was nowhere near as bad

The only person that was more of a cheating bastard than Uthar was Vrook in KotOR 2
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

November 5th 2019, 7:49 pm
Bandon murks
Underachiever599
Underachiever599

November 6th 2019, 2:28 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Well, since I had a few minutes and was kind of curious, I decided to go digging up some in-game information and see how these characters stacked up against each other:

Leviathan Malak: Level 13, HP 180, FP 139, Defense 27, Str 17, Dex 17, Con 16, Int 15, Wis 15, Cha 12, with Master Power Attack, Master Flurry, Master Critical Strike, Force Immunity, Choke, Destroy Droid, Lightning, Push, Horror, Force Breach, Improved Energy Resistance, Master Speed, Lightsaber Throw

Darth Bandon: Level 15, HP 240, FP 225, Defense 28, Str 20, Dex 20, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 14, Master Two Weapon Fighting, Master Power Attack, Master Flurry, Master Critical Strike, Force Immunity, Plague, Choke, Death Field, Disable Droid, Whirlwind, Horror

Uthar Wynn: Level 15, HP 113, FP 270, Defense 24, Str 16, Dex 20, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 14, Master Two Weapon Fighting, Improved Power Attack, Improved Flurry, Improved Critical Strike, Force Resistance, Choke, Death Field, Fear, Push, Lightning, Plague, Burst of Speed, Lightsaber Throw
Addendum with Uthar Wynn: If Korriban is the last world the players visit in their journey, he will be a far tougher foe, due to the difficulty scaling of KotOR. He will have +6 to Dex and Wis, and +100 HP and FP. 

Star Forge Malak: Level 20, HP 327, FP 175, Defense 38, Str 29, Dex 18, Con 23, Int 15, Wis 15, Cha 20, Master Dueling, Master Force Jump, Master Power Attack, Master Flurry, Master Critical Strike, Force Immunity, Force Lightning, Force Breach, Lightsaber Throw

So, for those who don't want to slog through game terms, what this basically means is that Bandon has a greater mastery of the Force than Wynn (Immunity>Resistance, Horror>Fear, Whirlwind>Push), and is a better lightsaber duelist (Master>Improved in all three attacks). However, Wynn does have more raw power at his disposal (270 Force Points>225), and he is able to use Force Lightning, which Bandon cannot use. Considering these two can be fought at pretty much the exact same point in time (If Korriban is the world you face Bandon), the level scaling of KotOR clearly intends for Bandon to be a greater threat than Wynn. 

What I find really interesting here is that you fight Leviathan Malak after facing Darth Bandon, and yet Bandon's stats are above Leviathan Malak's. Malak definitely has an edge in Force use (Destroy Droid>Disable Droid, along with access to Lightning, Force Breach, Energy Resistance, Master Speed, and Lightsaber Throw), but when it comes to raw stats, Bandon has Malak beat in most categories, (Health, Force Points, Strength, Dexterity, Wisdom, and Charisma), making him better at employing the abilities at his disposal. This backs up the implications from the KotOR Prima Guide that hinted at Bandon soon challenging Malak for the title of Sith Lord. If it weren't for Malak's mastery over the Star Forge, Bandon may have been a legitimate threat to him (going purely by in-game stats and the statements in the Prima Guide). 

Before I started looking into this, I honestly had very little regard for Bandon, aside from seeing him as a somewhat frustrating boss fight. Now that I've actually peaked behind the curtain and seen the actual numbers applied to him and the full extent of his capabilities, I may have to raise my personal opinion of where Bandon falls.
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

November 6th 2019, 5:22 am
CuckedCurry wrote:Bandon was nowhere near as bad

The only person that was more of a cheating bastard than Uthar was Vrook in KotOR 2
Oh yeh when he spammed heal when his heath was low
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

November 6th 2019, 5:26 am
🍆
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum