Suspect Insight Forums
We've moved to Discord! Join us here: https://discord.gg/b6fuSxa3uD
Suspect Insight Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
CuckedCurry
CuckedCurry
Level Four
Level Four

Where Ahsoka Tano stands - Page 2 Empty Re: Where Ahsoka Tano stands

October 4th 2019, 12:03 pm
I think we should add Galan007, gadger’s knowledge on canon shit is second to none
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

October 4th 2019, 2:47 pm
I have a feeling that the OP was playing some kind of trick on us. Just at his username. Plus, almost everything he has written is copied and pasted word for word from one of kbro’s old blogs on CV:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/where-ashoka-tano-stands-1784637/

My point being, is that he’s posing as kbro by adopting a few of kbro’s old positions and subpar grammar, such as his Ahsoka blog and interpretation of Filoni’s statement about Maul/Kenobi’s growth, but he obviously isn’t the real kbro, but a troll who is imitating kbro. Kbro changed his views on Maul’s prime a year ago:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/t653450.html

If the real kbro admits that he was wrong about Rebels Maul being prime Maul, then this guy is obviously a fake.
King Joker
King Joker
Level One
Level One

October 5th 2019, 1:32 am
Message reputation : 100% (5 votes)
”BreakofDawn” wrote:Before I begin, it's worth mentioning I wrote this after a 2 and a half lecture on Israeli elections and other stuff, so my brain was basically fried when trying to express myself.

Lol, dude, there’s absolutely no need to rush your posts. Collect your thoughts and respond when you’re able—dumping out whatever you can muster at the fastest possible time does literally no one favors.

”BreakofDawn” wrote:However, what must be stressed here is that Sheev explicitly needed Ezra to enter the WbW. Before this, Sheev is essentially blasting power at a tiny window into a completely different dimension with completely different temporal and spatial physics to the mainstream Star Wars universe. During the struggle between himself, Ezra and Ahsoka, he is essentially trying to blast his power through a tiny window in space and time which his sorcery temporarily opened.

I appreciate the run-down of the backstory and mechanics of the World between Worlds, but I’m already aware of them. You’ve still yet to provide any good reason as to why Palpatine’s sorcery would have depreciated in potency through the portal, and no reason to believe that the size of the portal constrained Palpatine. I also don’t know why the extraordinary qualities of the WbW would limit him, either. The portal acts as a gateway for which Palpatine can bypass time and space, enabling him to strike out at Tano and Bridger. He needed a physical tether to actually enter through the portal himself, but that didn’t disallow him from using his sorcery in any meaningful way.

”BreakofDawn” wrote:Even if you don't believe this to be the case, there are numerous indications during the struggle that Sheev is just toying with them: [...] Notice the passage of the flames. After Ezra gets involved, there's a few seconds of the two holding off the flames with immense difficulty (complete with Ahsoka being forced backwards), then suddenly the flames don't quite dissipate. Instead, they're withdrawn, as though Sheev is either enjoying this (emphasised by him basically wetting himself laughing) or that he's limited in his power at this specific point and is forced to withdraw them. Either way, his power is limited. Sidious is clearly enjoying this confrontation and savouring it. He knows he's going to win no matter what, so he's clearly taking his time to the point that he even gives them a second to recover so he can revel in their fear before finishing them off. He's not going all-out at this point, especially since he also needs Ezra (or Ahsoka) alive to show him the way into the World between Worlds.

A couple of points: 1). Given the gravity of what was at stake for Palpatine, i.e. control over time and space (and therefore destiny itself), the idea that he had a completely nonchalant attitude during his engagement with the duo seems… far-fetched to me, and his utterly characteristic laughter doesn’t do much in the way of evidence for your claim. 2). Even if Palpatine did cut off his sorcery blast because he wanted to savor the moment, it does not prove that he watered down his previous blast of sorcery. Think back to Palpatine’s duel with Yoda in RotS, where Palpatine paused his assault for very similar reasons you claim he did with Tano; except, no one would claim that Palpatine’s previous assault on Yoda was a fraction of his true power due to that one moment of amusement, and for good reason.

Unless you have concrete evidence through quotes or some such that Palpatine purposefully assaulted Tano with a shadow of his power, your conjecture on his demeanor falls flat in the face of Palpatine’s other fights in which his combative modus operandi is often inconsistent with his motivation.

”BreakofDawn wrote:Any indication Anakin and Vader's fighting styles are massively different? If anything, Ahsoka would have an even better chance as a result of Vader's poor agility.

This is actually irrelevant to the point I was making. Ahsoka went into the fight virtually blind, unlike Vader.

”BreakofDawn” wrote:Poor phrasing on my part. No idea where I was going with that, lol.

Where Ahsoka Tano stands - Page 2 1289255181

”BreakofDawn” wrote:Yes, she pushed him. Just like Ezra & Kanan,

Come now, BoD, don’t do this to me. We both know Vader was visibly distracted when this happened.

”BreakofDawn” wrote:Kirak Infil'a

Indeed, now tell me why a Force push landed by Infil’a on Vader sixteen years prior to his fight with Ahsoka is relevant.

”BreakofDawn” wrote:and Eeth Koth all pushed him

Wrong, Koth shoved a nursing droid at him:

Where Ahsoka Tano stands - Page 2 Darth-10

Quite different.

”BreakofDawn” wrote:despite him proving to be considerably superior to all of them.

Yes, unlike with Ahsoka, Vader pinned them to walls and Force choked them at will. You’re getting warmer!

”BreakofDawn” wrote:And no, she didn't unbalance him, so don't twist my words.

So you’re telling me that Vader just magically found himself in an unflattering position all on his own that has nothing to do with Ahsoka?  Where Ahsoka Tano stands - Page 2 2208776636

”BreakofDawn” wrote:Took this a split second before she pushed him. Note that Vader is leaning fowards (AKA unbalanced) and with his saber held high above him, giving him no way to block or counter her push in any respect.

She exploited an opening, yeah, which is how most Force pushes against Force wielders are achieved in canon, lol.

”BreakofDawn” wrote:The screenshot I took above disproves all but the last bit.  

I'm curious: if Muhammed Ali in his prime held his hands above his head and the average man got a lucky punch in, do you think they could replicate that when he's actively defending against it? Because that is literally the situation here.

If you really want to be technical here and claim Vader was imbalanced because one leg was farther out in a lunge position than the other, then, I mean… sure? But it’s not like he was in any particularly compromising position as far as balance goes, lol.

I’ll give you an amended analogy, one that’s much better: Muhammed Ali in his prime engages in a fight with his student. His student is largely unaware of the caliber of fighter she is about to face. The fight begins with the student quickly outmaneuvering Ali and landing a punch to his stomach that sends Ali across the room. Where Ahsoka Tano stands - Page 2 1289255181

It would be quite an impressive display, I think.

”BreakofDawn” wrote:Better than oversimplifying it to "Ahsoka pushed Vader, so she must be as strong."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi9hGVvwAlI

”BreakofDawn” wrote:Funny how she was on the defensive the entire fight and yet wasn't able to defend herself against this whereas Vader was still able to ground himself enough to move only a few feet whereas she was sent flying.

I… what?  Where Ahsoka Tano stands - Page 2 3366773415  Ahsoka wasn’t on the defensive the entire fight (unless you’re having amnesia of the first ten seconds and are hallucinating the parts of the fight that weren’t shown), and she clearly shoved Vader more than “a few feet,” lmao. And sending a hulking robot man flying the same way you would a lithe acrobat would take a disproportionate amount of power.

”BreakofDawn” wrote:And no, it was nothing to do with there being a ledge there: [...] The ledge is about 5 feet away and Vader's push clearly completely overwhelms her, sending her flying head over heels across the distance between them and the ledge and over it.

What’s “it”? And for one who’s been screeching about Vader being unbalanced when he was Force pushed, I’m interested to know why you haven’t been applying that same standard to Ahsoka, who was legitimately reeling when Vader Force pushed her. My point was that had Vader been standing where Ahsoka was at the edge of the temple at the beginning of the fight, he also would’ve been sent off the ledge.

”BreakofDawn” wrote:Eeth Koth's best feat is holding his own against Grievous for a time.

Koth almost killed Grievous with only one arm within twenty-five seconds, lol.

”BreakofDawn” wrote:And Koth and Vader were pretty even throughout that fight, with Vader only winning when he chose to use the Force.

Vader held the edge during the majority of the fight, which is literally all we need to gauge his (~19 BBY) skill level.

”BreakofDawn” wrote:That was more of a joke point than anything.

One of many here, it seems. Where Ahsoka Tano stands - Page 2 1668617588

----- ----- -----

A few conclusions I've drawn from our exchange:

1). Most of your claims about character demeanor are based on complete conjecture
2). You seem to have been countering imaginary points I haven't actually made (Ahsoka's strength being based on one factor?)
3). You've oddly drawn no distinctions between the context of Vader's relevant fights we've discussed (Jarrus, Bridger, Infil'a, Koth vs. Tano; context of both motivation and time)
4). Your thesis of Ahsoka being merely average seems wholly reliant on half-baked lowballing, not any discernable logical analysis

----- ----- -----

For all of you who are true believers in Ahsoka's power, I call on you to rise up! We can destroy the infidels with our combined strength. For our Queen, I command it!

Worship. Where Ahsoka Tano stands - Page 2 4233314142

Where Ahsoka Tano stands - Page 2 Tumblr11
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level Three
Level Three

October 5th 2019, 2:38 am
Ahsoka is sub scout
King Joker
King Joker
Level One
Level One

October 5th 2019, 2:55 am
Scout’s a G, tho
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

October 5th 2019, 4:53 am
@King Joker: Great post 👍, far better than the OP’s trolling.
NevesYtneves (DC77)
NevesYtneves (DC77)
Level Seven
Level Seven

October 5th 2019, 5:38 am
Great post @King Joker.
The Adventurous Jedi
The Adventurous Jedi
Level Seven
Level Seven

October 5th 2019, 7:08 am
King Joker wrote:Scout’s a G, tho

Where Ahsoka Tano stands - Page 2 1289255181

Also, great post(s).
DoA
DoA

October 5th 2019, 9:18 am
Agreed with everything KJ has posted so far except for Rebels being Vader's prime.

Also might work on a Canon Vader RT sometime in the future Where Ahsoka Tano stands - Page 2 1289255181
DarthMaul1999
DarthMaul1999

October 5th 2019, 3:45 pm
The OP is a Maul hater, as it seems.
King Joker
King Joker
Level One
Level One

October 5th 2019, 4:01 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Thanks, all.

DoA wrote:Agreed with everything KJ has posted so far except for Rebels being Vader's prime.

Also might work on a Canon Vader RT sometime in the future Where Ahsoka Tano stands - Page 2 1289255181

Mm, are you referring to the Muhammed Ali analogy? When I referred to him as being in his "prime," I was only working within the parameters of BoD's original analogy, not staking out a claim that Vader was in his prime in Rebels.

And that would be pretty neat, you should do it. Where Ahsoka Tano stands - Page 2 1289255181
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

October 5th 2019, 4:25 pm
DarthMaul1999 wrote:The OP is a Maul hater, as it seems.
What?
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

October 6th 2019, 10:47 am
Not having wi-fi is actually killing me so sorry for the wait. Coffee shop internet isn't exactly, um, the best.
LSDMB
LSDMB

October 6th 2019, 11:33 am
Damn... Joker's counter was so potent it destroyed your internet connection.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level Seven
Level Seven

October 6th 2019, 11:55 am
LSDMB wrote:Damn... Joker's counter was so potent it destroyed your internet connection.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it's the reason it hasn't arrived yet.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

October 6th 2019, 12:47 pm
@King Joker Nice to see you debating after all this time. You should do it more often - you're definitely no slouch.
Master Azronger
Master Azronger

October 6th 2019, 1:32 pm
Moved this to the Canon discussion section, btw.

Level Seven
Level Seven

October 7th 2019, 1:37 pm
@King Joker Mind if I get back to you some other time? Kinda going through some irl stuff and honestly not sure if I'll be coming back to SI for a while after tonight, sorry.
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus
Level Three
Level Three

November 19th 2019, 1:11 am
Ahsoka it underrated yes, but SoD Maul level? Cmon now.
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

May 16th 2020, 11:52 am
Bump.
SithSauce
SithSauce
Level One
Level One

May 16th 2020, 12:02 pm
TCW S7 Ahsoka is slightly below S7 Maul. Rebels Ahsoka should be on Dooku's level if not a bit above
Nute_Chethray
Nute_Chethray

May 16th 2020, 6:15 pm
Ahsoka as of rebels should be above Dooku, though I still could see him winning a fight mainly due to styles and the like.
xmysticgohanx
xmysticgohanx

May 19th 2020, 8:52 pm
She’s > Dooku, even S7 Ahsoka is
Gianfi
Gianfi

May 25th 2020, 10:31 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Ahsoka is being wanked as hell. Even her N1 Wanker, Filoni, said she is weaker than Maul and her victory was circumstancial. Just like TPM Kenobi defeated TPM Maul. In the very episode when order 66 is issued Ahsoka would have died to clones if rex didn't intervene, why Maul stomped everyone by just using the stomp. She couldn't prevent his ship from goign away, while even K'kruhk could do that lol. Against Vader she didn't perform much better than the likes of Eeth Koth, Barr or Infila. She was stalemated by Rebels Maul, and she didn't instalty stomp the Inquisitors. Hell Maul arguably performed against them better than her when he was introduced in rebels. She is stronger than the likes of Ventress or Oppress, but has got nothing on Dooku, Kenobi, Maul or Vos. Dooku has dueled against Yoda and even held his own against him, took on Kenobi + Anakin at the same time several times and so on. Ahsoka on the other hand confirmed to Maul she wouldn't last for long time against Anakin. You need to get Ahsoka's tits off your eyes for a couple of seconds guys
Latham2000
Latham2000
Level Three
Level Three

May 25th 2020, 4:41 pm
Gianfi wrote:Ahsoka is being wanked as hell. Even her N1 Wanker, Filoni, said she is weaker than Maul and her victory was circumstancial. Just like TPM Kenobi defeated TPM Maul. In the very episode when order 66 is issued Ahsoka would have died to clones if rex didn't intervene, why Maul stomped everyone by just using the stomp. She couldn't prevent his ship from goign away, while even K'kruhk could do that lol. Against Vader she didn't perform much better than the likes of Eeth Koth, Barr or Infila. She was stalemated by Rebels Maul, and she didn't instalty stomp the Inquisitors. Hell Maul arguably performed against them better than her when he was introduced in rebels. She is stronger than the likes of Ventress or Oppress, but has got nothing on Dooku, Kenobi, Maul or Vos. Dooku has dueled against Yoda and even held his own against him, took on Kenobi + Anakin at the same time several times and so on. Ahsoka on the other hand confirmed to Maul she wouldn't last for long time against Anakin. You need to get Ahsoka's tits off your eyes for a couple of seconds guys
freethedevil wants to know your location.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum