Suspect Insight Forums

Go down
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

Suspect Insight's Instant Heroes Tournament Empty Suspect Insight's Instant Heroes Tournament

on September 30th 2019, 5:36 pm
Suspect Insight's Instant Heroes Tournament LlSQaTL

I'm excited to announce our new Instant Heroes Tournament for Suspect Insight. In contrast to the long research and response times of our other ongoing tournament The Tyrannical Ten, this tournament will focus on timed, rapid-fire responses that emphasize succinctness and quick-thinking. 

CHARACTER LIST

- Hero of Tython (The Old Republic, end of Act 2)*
- Kit Fisto (Revenge of the Sith)
- Ki-Adi Mundi (Revenge of the Sith)
- Plo Koon (Revenge of the Sith)
- Qu Rahn (Dark Forces 2)
- Saba Sebatyne (Fate of the Jedi)
- Kyle Katarn (Legacy of the Force)
- Mara Jade Skywalker (Legacy of the Force)
- Corran Horn (Fate of the Jedi)
- Adi Gallia (The Clone Wars)
- Jaina Solo (Fate of the Jedi)
- Shaak Ti (The Force Unleashed)
- Shado Vao (Legacy - War)

*Scaling off Lord Vivicar is not allowed. 

AWARDS

Participants will be awarded a trophy and one-hundred stars per debate victory. The champion and runner-up will be given customized user ranking, as shown below. The champion will also be added to the 'Champions' user group and have their username color changed to purple for, tentatively, six months. Example: Suspect Insight.

Suspect Insight's Instant Heroes Tournament 3EA8lCM 
Suspect Insight's Instant Heroes Tournament OuX8FCE

HOW IT WORKS

(1) Interested members may comment below three characters that they do NOT want to represent (e.g. Kit Fisto, Shado Vao, and Ki-Adi Mundi) and a character that they are most familiar with (e.g. Plo Koon), from the list of thirteen heroes above. 

(2) When participant A is ready, they will be given both a character and an opponent character. They will have forty-five minutes to write a 5,000 character maximum introduction argument. This time should be spent researching and writing. 

(3) When participant B is ready, they will be granted access to the thread and find out what characters they are representing and opposing. They will have one hour to write a 7,500 character maximum rebuttal argument.

(4) When participant A is again ready, they will be regranted access to the thread and will have one hour to write a 10,000 character maximum rebuttal argument.

(5) When participant B is again ready, they will be regranted access to the thread and will have one hour to write a 12,500 character maximum rebuttal argument. 

(6) When participant A is again ready, they will be regranted access to the thread and will have forty-five minutes to write a 5,000 character conclusion. No original arguments can be made, though brief rebuttals are expected.

(7) When participant B is again ready, they will be regranted access to the thread and will have fifteen minutes to write a 2,500 character conclusion. No original arguments can be made, though brief rebuttals are expected.

(8) Once the debate is completed, a panel of two to three moderators will judge the debate. Updated rules for round two will come at a later date.

[hideedit]

Last edited by DarthAnt66 on October 3rd 2019, 10:12 pm; edited 5 times in total
DC77 (Reborn)
DC77 (Reborn)
Level Three
Level Three

Suspect Insight's Instant Heroes Tournament Empty Re: Suspect Insight's Instant Heroes Tournament

on September 30th 2019, 5:39 pm
Don't want Shado, Rhan or Mundi. Count me in.

EDIT: I'll happily rep Saba, she's my prime choice.

Last edited by DC77 (Reborn) on September 30th 2019, 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Deronn_Solo
Deronn_Solo

Suspect Insight's Instant Heroes Tournament Empty Re: Suspect Insight's Instant Heroes Tournament

on September 30th 2019, 5:40 pm
I can answer quickly, it's just long winded debates that turn me off.

I'm in.

I'd prefer not to debate for Mundi, HoT or Ti. Obviously Kyle would be the person I'm best with.

Last edited by Deronn_Solo on September 30th 2019, 7:52 pm; edited 3 times in total
LOTL

on September 30th 2019, 5:43 pm
Not want to represent:

Qu Rahn (Dark Forces 2)
Hero of Tython (The Old Republic, end of Act 2)
Shado Vao (Legacy - War)

Most knowledgeable on:

Saba Sebatyne (Fate of the Jedi)
Reynard (Ethanion)
Reynard (Ethanion)

on September 30th 2019, 5:44 pm
Saba, Corran and Shado would be no thanks from me.
Qu Rahn is my preferred choice.
IdrisianGraecus
IdrisianGraecus

on September 30th 2019, 5:48 pm
I’d prefer not to rep Shado, Mundi, or Adi. Most familiar with HoT.
Word Salad
Word Salad
Level Two
Level Two

on September 30th 2019, 6:19 pm
I'd prefer not to rep:

- Qu Rahn (Dark Forces 2)
- Ki-Adi Mundi (Revenge of the Sith)
- Corran Horn (Fate of the Jedi)

Most familiar with Shado Vao and the HoT.
LSDMB
LSDMB

on September 30th 2019, 7:02 pm
Why do I lowkey feel like Ant is asking for their most well known character so he can not give it to them.

Plagueis style. Tell him what you want so he may deny you.
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

on September 30th 2019, 7:05 pm
Pass on Qu Rahn, Kyle Katarn, and Corran Horn. Most knowledgeable on the HoT.
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level One
Level One

on October 1st 2019, 1:31 am
I would prefere not to have  Shado Vao, Qu Rahn or the HoT, as they are the characters I’m the least knowledgeable on. Mara would be my preferred choice. 

Edited it as I didn’t read well the rules

Last edited by MasterCilghal on October 1st 2019, 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Meatpants
Meatpants
Level One
Level One

on October 1st 2019, 1:40 am
Do not want: Hero, Shado, Saba

Character most familiar with: Ki-Adi Mundi
Azronger
Azronger

on October 1st 2019, 1:56 pm
@LSDMB If I convinced @DarthAnt66 to include Kas'im as a possible choice, would you be willing to enter?
The Ellimist
The Ellimist

on October 1st 2019, 3:25 pm
add me in please
IdrisianGraecus
IdrisianGraecus

on October 2nd 2019, 7:10 am
Well now none of us have a chance. All bow before IHT champion Elm.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

on October 3rd 2019, 9:52 pm
@KingofBlades: Does this tourney interest you? Looking for one more guy.
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level One
Level One

on October 3rd 2019, 10:13 pm
Yeah sure might as well. Im least knowledgeable on Shado Vao, Qu Rhan, and Saba. Im most knowledge on the HoT.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

on October 5th 2019, 12:37 pm
@Deronn_Solo
@StrangerThingsFan77
@IdrisianGraecus
@LOTL
@Reynard (Ethanion)

If any of you can spare 45 minutes today, let me know so you can write your openers.
Word Salad
Word Salad
Level Two
Level Two

on October 5th 2019, 12:39 pm
No, I don't, sorry. Might be able to spare sometime tomorrow though.
IdrisianGraecus
IdrisianGraecus

on October 5th 2019, 1:01 pm
I might be able to today, but the odds are against it. I’ll probably be able to tomorrow. I’ll DM you on discord.
IdrisianGraecus
IdrisianGraecus

on October 5th 2019, 1:05 pm
Also, am I going to be able to reply to my opponent at my leisure?
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

on October 5th 2019, 1:09 pm
Suspect Insight's Instant Heroes Tournament 1289255181 You'll be able to respond whenever you want. You won't be able to see the opponent's response before that.
IdrisianGraecus
IdrisianGraecus

on October 5th 2019, 1:10 pm
Okay, thanks.
Deronn_Solo
Deronn_Solo

on October 5th 2019, 7:16 pm
@DarthAnt66:
I can in about 40 minutes from now.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

on October 5th 2019, 7:38 pm
Suspect Insight's Instant Heroes Tournament 1289255181
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66

on October 5th 2019, 8:03 pm
Let me know when you're ready. @Deronn_Solo
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum