Suspect Insight Forums

Go down
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level One
Level One

Darth Vader versus Revan Empty Darth Vader versus Revan

on September 19th 2019, 6:54 pm
> Vader as of ANH
> Novel Revan (fully recovered and cleansed from effects of drugs, etc.)
> Standard gear for both
> In character
> Takes place in Krayt Dragon's cave

- Sabers
- Force
- All out

Who wins?

Bonus: Scourge joins Vader, Meetra joins Revan
Deronn_Solo
Deronn_Solo

Darth Vader versus Revan Empty Re: Darth Vader versus Revan

on September 19th 2019, 7:06 pm
Imma steer clear of this one...
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level One
Level One

Darth Vader versus Revan Empty Re: Darth Vader versus Revan

on September 19th 2019, 7:09 pm
Revan with ease. Make this RotJ Vader and it still isn't a fair fight.

 Revan Reborn>>>>>Nyriss>>Meetra Surik>Traya>>Kreia>>>>Three Jedi Masters. 

Vader doesn't have scaling comparable to this.


Last edited by KingofBlades on September 19th 2019, 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
HellfireUnit
HellfireUnit
Level One
Level One

Darth Vader versus Revan Empty Re: Darth Vader versus Revan

on September 19th 2019, 7:14 pm
@KingofBlades wrote:Revan with ease. Make this RotJ Vader and it still isn't a fair fight.

Even in sabers?
Deronn_Solo
Deronn_Solo

Darth Vader versus Revan Empty Re: Darth Vader versus Revan

on September 19th 2019, 7:14 pm
I doubt Revan is taking Vader in sabers, lmao.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66
Moderator
Moderator

Darth Vader versus Revan Empty Re: Darth Vader versus Revan

on September 19th 2019, 7:18 pm
@Deronn_Solo: Unfortunately I'm busy tonight, but I'll make a full case for Revan beating ROTJ Vader in sabers tomorrow. Darth Vader versus Revan 1289255181
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level One
Level One

Darth Vader versus Revan Empty Re: Darth Vader versus Revan

on September 19th 2019, 7:22 pm
@HellfireUnit wrote:
@KingofBlades wrote:Revan with ease. Make this RotJ Vader and it still isn't a fair fight.

Even in sabers?
Vader is likely a low tier 8. Obi Wan only a few months into his exile was noting the presence of rust with his skill. So Ben Kenobi is likely considerably below RotS Kenobi's skill in sabers. Vader as of ANH only had a small edge against Ben in their duel, showing they were comparable. So the skill threshold required to be above Vader isn't that high. While I could give Vader the benefit of the doubt and say he wins sabers, he isn't touching Revan in an all out fight.
SithSauce
SithSauce

Darth Vader versus Revan Empty Re: Darth Vader versus Revan

on September 19th 2019, 7:28 pm
Vader wins sabers only.
Revan trounces him in all out
Deronn_Solo
Deronn_Solo

Darth Vader versus Revan Empty Re: Darth Vader versus Revan

on September 19th 2019, 8:06 pm
@DarthAnt66: Great. I can't wait to see what you have in store.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level One
Level One

Darth Vader versus Revan Empty Re: Darth Vader versus Revan

on September 19th 2019, 8:08 pm
Vader in sabers in a good fight. Revan wins in the Force with mid to high difficulty in terms of raw power but wins handily due to versatility.
dark_globe
dark_globe

Darth Vader versus Revan Empty Re: Darth Vader versus Revan

on September 20th 2019, 12:50 am
@KingofBlades wrote:
@HellfireUnit wrote:
@KingofBlades wrote:Revan with ease. Make this RotJ Vader and it still isn't a fair fight.

Even in sabers?
Vader is likely a low tier 8. Obi Wan only a few months into his exile was noting the presence of rust with his skill. So Ben Kenobi is likely considerably below RotS Kenobi's skill in sabers. Vader as of ANH only had a small edge against Ben in their duel, showing they were comparable. So the skill threshold required to be above Vader isn't that high. While I could give Vader the benefit of the doubt and say he wins sabers, he isn't touching Revan in an all out fight.
i wouldn´t use vaders duels with kenobi as a legit indicator of his true skills and powers .
we know dark side anakin was a tier 9 in RoTS but the duel against kenobi was highly circumstantional
(kenobi as a tier 8 should have lost that duel but he didn´t because of multiple reasons ,
if this was a random encounter and kenobi and anakin were strangers mustafar vader would overpower and kill obi-wan) .

same can be said about their dead star duel , vader is stronger and better but gives his master respect and proceeds carefully ,
he doesn´t want to repeat his mustafar failure .

OP: ANH vader wins sabers , revan wins the rest .
Meatpants
Meatpants
Level One
Level One

Darth Vader versus Revan Empty Re: Darth Vader versus Revan

on September 20th 2019, 1:04 am
Revan.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level One
Level One

Darth Vader versus Revan Empty Re: Darth Vader versus Revan

on September 20th 2019, 6:25 am
Not to mention he quite clearly suffers from PTSD after their last fight, fights carefully the entire time and even then is overpowering Obi-Wan without too much trouble.
Cheth
Cheth

Darth Vader versus Revan Empty Re: Darth Vader versus Revan

on September 20th 2019, 7:47 pm
Revan wins force and all out. Waiting to see Ant make case for sabers
MasterCilghal
MasterCilghal
Level One
Level One

Darth Vader versus Revan Empty Re: Darth Vader versus Revan

on September 21st 2019, 12:55 am
Revan wins solidly, if not easily. He has incredible scaling from Kreia and the masters.
PeraltaEagle45
PeraltaEagle45

Darth Vader versus Revan Empty Re: Darth Vader versus Revan

on September 21st 2019, 2:42 am
This will be over as fast as Revan's fight with Nyriss.
The Ellimist
The Ellimist
Moderator
Moderator

Darth Vader versus Revan Empty Re: Darth Vader versus Revan

on September 21st 2019, 4:00 am
@KingofBlades wrote:Revan Reborn>>>>>Nyriss>>Meetra Surik>Traya>>Kreia>>>>Three Jedi Masters. 

Vader doesn't have scaling comparable to this.

He doesn't? How about:

  • 18 BBY Vader > any Force presence Jax Pavon has ever felt. As a Jedi of the PT, Jax would've been around the top-tiers of that era at more than one point in his tenure.
  • 18 BBY Vader moves faster than anyone Ferus has ever seen except for Yoda. Ferus was one of the most talented Jedi of his generation and Anakin's regular rival.
  • 19 BBY Vader is far more powerful than Kar Vastor, who Mace Windu struggled against, according to Force sensitive Nick who had fought alongside Vastor for years.
  • TFU Vader ragdolls Kota, who fights near-evenly with an early-game Galen Marek who could power-up to flight cruisers with short bursts of lightning, casually oneshot hundreds with TK, and later redirects a falling star destroyer (still likely before he had surpassed TFU Vader, let alone ANH Vader).
  • TFUII Vader grabs Starkiller and tosses him "like a ragdoll" because he is "too powerful"; he later tanks like ~20 seconds of an enraged Starkiller's charged up Force lightning, while a few seconds of his lightning had earlier in the game powered a massive cannon that destroyed a star destroyer with a single hit.
  • ANH Vader is "stronger" than Mustafar Vader according to at least one source.
Word Salad
Word Salad
Level Two
Level Two

Darth Vader versus Revan Empty Re: Darth Vader versus Revan

on September 21st 2019, 7:07 am
Revan all rounds.
DC77 (Reborn)
DC77 (Reborn)
Level Four
Level Four

Darth Vader versus Revan Empty Re: Darth Vader versus Revan

on September 21st 2019, 7:12 am
Revan all rounds.
Ziggy
Ziggy

Darth Vader versus Revan Empty Re: Darth Vader versus Revan

on September 21st 2019, 3:18 pm
Revan beats a sub Qui gon Jinn character, yeah.
DarthAnt66
DarthAnt66
Moderator
Moderator

Darth Vader versus Revan Empty Re: Darth Vader versus Revan

on September 21st 2019, 3:35 pm
@The Ellimist wrote:
@KingofBlades wrote:Revan Reborn>>>>>Nyriss>>Meetra Surik>Traya>>Kreia>>>>Three Jedi Masters. 

Vader doesn't have scaling comparable to this.

He doesn't? How about:

  • 18 BBY Vader > any Force presence Jax Pavon has ever felt. As a Jedi of the PT, Jax would've been around the top-tiers of that era at more than one point in his tenure.
  • 18 BBY Vader moves faster than anyone Ferus has ever seen except for Yoda. Ferus was one of the most talented Jedi of his generation and Anakin's regular rival.
  • 19 BBY Vader is far more powerful than Kar Vastor, who Mace Windu struggled against, according to Force sensitive Nick who had fought alongside Vastor for years.
  • TFU Vader ragdolls Kota, who fights near-evenly with an early-game Galen Marek who could power-up to flight cruisers with short bursts of lightning, casually oneshot hundreds with TK, and later redirects a falling star destroyer (still likely before he had surpassed TFU Vader, let alone ANH Vader).
  • TFUII Vader grabs Starkiller and tosses him "like a ragdoll" because he is "too powerful"; he later tanks like ~20 seconds of an enraged Starkiller's charged up Force lightning, while a few seconds of his lightning had earlier in the game powered a massive cannon that destroyed a star destroyer with a single hit.
  • ANH Vader is "stronger" than Mustafar Vader according to at least one source.

'
I think KoB was saying Vader doesn't have any *valid* scaling comparable.
Ziggy
Ziggy

Darth Vader versus Revan Empty Re: Darth Vader versus Revan

on September 21st 2019, 3:36 pm
Darth Vader versus Revan QONVIyz
KingofBlades
KingofBlades
Level One
Level One

Darth Vader versus Revan Empty Re: Darth Vader versus Revan

on September 21st 2019, 4:21 pm
@The Ellimist wrote:
@KingofBlades wrote:Revan Reborn>>>>>Nyriss>>Meetra Surik>Traya>>Kreia>>>>Three Jedi Masters. 

Vader doesn't have scaling comparable to this.

He doesn't? How about:

  • 18 BBY Vader > any Force presence Jax Pavon has ever felt. As a Jedi of the PT, Jax would've been around the top-tiers of that era at more than one point in his tenure.
  • 18 BBY Vader moves faster than anyone Ferus has ever seen except for Yoda. Ferus was one of the most talented Jedi of his generation and Anakin's regular rival.
  • 19 BBY Vader is far more powerful than Kar Vastor, who Mace Windu struggled against, according to Force sensitive Nick who had fought alongside Vastor for years.
  • TFU Vader ragdolls Kota, who fights near-evenly with an early-game Galen Marek who could power-up to flight cruisers with short bursts of lightning, casually oneshot hundreds with TK, and later redirects a falling star destroyer (still likely before he had surpassed TFU Vader, let alone ANH Vader).
  • TFUII Vader grabs Starkiller and tosses him "like a ragdoll" because he is "too powerful"; he later tanks like ~20 seconds of an enraged Starkiller's charged up Force lightning, while a few seconds of his lightning had earlier in the game powered a massive cannon that destroyed a star destroyer with a single hit.
  • ANH Vader is "stronger" than Mustafar Vader according to at least one source.


My scaling is demonstrably proven via combat.


Your first and third examples are opinions. Your second source doesn't mean much in terms of how combatively powerful Vader is considering a vastly pre prime Kenobi was able to move faster than any jedi in history. So these aren't nearly as solid as my scaling. 

Your fourth example is somewhat impressive but what makes Kota more impressive than the collective power of the three jedi Kreia one shotted(or even one of them for that matter)? Redirecting a falling ISD with the force of gravity helping you isn't all that impressive. Nihilus raised the Ravager out of Malachor and he was working against the force of gravity. Or how Exar Kun lifted a derriphan class battle ship the same way Nihlus did the ravager. While this ship is much smaller than an ISD it should be noted that the amount of force required to lift something is enormously larger than the force required to pull something. When you bring up how gravity is helping to reduce the force requirement you could make a good case that Exar Kun's feat is actually greater than Marek's. Revan Reborn is ridiculously more powerful than this version of Kun so he should be able to replicate the Vader tier feat with ease.


Your 5th point once again fails to prove much of anything. SK was ridiculously exhausted in this fight so Vader sharing any semblance of comparability with this version of SK is actually an anti feat for Vader. So Vader doesn't have parity with the SK who powered up the cannon.


Your 6th point is overridden by a G canon statement placing Vader below solidly below Ben Kenobi in force power(who doesn't experience any noticeable growth in his exile)


.
BreakofDawn
BreakofDawn
Level One
Level One

Darth Vader versus Revan Empty Re: Darth Vader versus Revan

on September 21st 2019, 5:35 pm
@KingofBlades 
Your 5th point once again fails to prove much of anything. SK was ridiculously exhausted in this fight so Vader sharing any semblance of comparability with this version of SK is actually an anti feat for Vader. So Vader doesn't have parity with the SK who powered up the cannon.

Correction: an exhausted Starkiller who was regaining energy by the second, and who for the majority of the first fight wasn't forced to go completely all-out, giving him ample time to recover much of his strength. SK's "exhaustion" is literally mentioned once, then never brought up again. It also has SK having a short inner monolgue, "passion stirring him to action", fighting Vader with complete single-focus (which allows him to ignore any lasting weariness despite his strength returning quite quickly), and even then Vader was extending the duel despite having the ability to put SK on the back foot more than once and even nearly kill him. All of this gave SK quite a bit of time to recover from his "exhaustion", which - again - isn't brought up even once after this point. 



Your 6th point is overridden by a G canon statement placing Vader below solidly below Ben Kenobi in force power(who doesn't experience any noticeable growth in his exile)

That quote is from a draft session for ESB. It's not an official statement by Lucas, only an insight into some of the ideas they were working under at the time. Plus, the quote literally says "maybe", indicating that it's not meant to be taken as a solid placement and more as a theory. Any real gap between them, if any, is small enough that Ben was unable to use the Force to even strain Vader's defences, even when Vader has him shoved up against the wall and nearly kills him. The quote also falls short when we see that Vader, an alleged four, was able to overpower Luke, a 2 with TK and throwing objects, indicating that he could have broken his barrier had he wanted to. Were this the case, Ben could and would have used his considerable Force advantage to dominate Vader...yet he didn't. Even when Vader was forcing him to retreat he didn't even try to use the Force.
SithSauce
SithSauce

Darth Vader versus Revan Empty Re: Darth Vader versus Revan

on September 21st 2019, 5:56 pm
@PeraltaEagle45 wrote:This will be over as fast as Revan's fight with Nyriss.
Vader>>>Nyriss so no
Sponsored content

Darth Vader versus Revan Empty Re: Darth Vader versus Revan

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum