Suspect Insight Forums

Go down
xolthol
xolthol

DOE Bane Vs. ROTJ Vader - Page 2 Empty Re: DOE Bane Vs. ROTJ Vader

on April 28th 2019, 9:45 am
@LSDMB wrote:I'd give it to Bane tbh

I won't elaborate further since I don't want to spoil anything from an upcoming blog I'm making, and I'm too low energy right now, just got through one of the shittiest weeks of my life.

Cannot wait to see this.
Word Salad
Word Salad
Level Two
Level Two

DOE Bane Vs. ROTJ Vader - Page 2 Empty Re: DOE Bane Vs. ROTJ Vader

on April 28th 2019, 9:46 am
Anyway Bane takes this. He has better feats imo.
SithSauce
SithSauce

DOE Bane Vs. ROTJ Vader - Page 2 Empty Re: DOE Bane Vs. ROTJ Vader

on April 28th 2019, 9:58 am
ArkhamAsylum3 wrote:Anyway Bane takes this. He has better feats imo.
Confused? You said Vader and Obi beat Bane and Zannah on another thread?
Word Salad
Word Salad
Level Two
Level Two

DOE Bane Vs. ROTJ Vader - Page 2 Empty Re: DOE Bane Vs. ROTJ Vader

on April 28th 2019, 12:58 pm
@SithSauce wrote:
ArkhamAsylum3 wrote:Anyway Bane takes this. He has better feats imo.
Confused? You said Vader and Obi beat Bane and Zannah on another thread?

I don't see the contradiction. You seem to be implying there is one.
SithSauce
SithSauce

DOE Bane Vs. ROTJ Vader - Page 2 Empty Re: DOE Bane Vs. ROTJ Vader

on April 28th 2019, 1:00 pm
ArkhamAsylum3 wrote:
@SithSauce wrote:
ArkhamAsylum3 wrote:Anyway Bane takes this. He has better feats imo.
Confused? You said Vader and Obi beat Bane and Zannah on another thread?

I don't see the contradiction. You seem to be implying there is one.

Implying that Zannah was the weak link in that match up?
Word Salad
Word Salad
Level Two
Level Two

DOE Bane Vs. ROTJ Vader - Page 2 Empty Re: DOE Bane Vs. ROTJ Vader

on April 28th 2019, 1:04 pm
@SithSauce How do these two statements imply that I think Zannah is a weak link in that matchup...?
Trayus Marauder
Trayus Marauder

DOE Bane Vs. ROTJ Vader - Page 2 Empty Re: DOE Bane Vs. ROTJ Vader

on April 28th 2019, 8:00 pm
ArkhamAsylum3 wrote:@SithSauce How do these two statements imply that I think Zannah is a weak link in that matchup...?

To offer an outside perspective, you have made the claim that DoE Bane>Vader and Vader/Kenobi>Bane/Zannah. In order for you to believe in both then Kenobi would have to not only be superior to Zannah, but powerful enough to make up for the gap between Bane and Vader that you claim exists. Though if you have another explanation then please elaborate.
Word Salad
Word Salad
Level Two
Level Two

DOE Bane Vs. ROTJ Vader - Page 2 Empty Re: DOE Bane Vs. ROTJ Vader

on April 29th 2019, 11:56 am
@Trayus Marauder

I don't see how that implies that I think Zannah is a weak link.
DC77 (Reborn)
DC77 (Reborn)
Level Four
Level Four

DOE Bane Vs. ROTJ Vader - Page 2 Empty Re: DOE Bane Vs. ROTJ Vader

on April 29th 2019, 12:02 pm
What the implications of these two statements are is simple.

Kenobi>Zannah>Bane>Vader.

Now while that's obviously wrong there's no contradiction between the two.
SithSauce
SithSauce

DOE Bane Vs. ROTJ Vader - Page 2 Empty Re: DOE Bane Vs. ROTJ Vader

on April 29th 2019, 3:42 pm
@ArkhamAsylum3 Since Vader trolling has become a meme on here. I can't tell if you are being serious or not? Do u actually think Bane beats Vader?
Word Salad
Word Salad
Level Two
Level Two

DOE Bane Vs. ROTJ Vader - Page 2 Empty Re: DOE Bane Vs. ROTJ Vader

on April 29th 2019, 4:00 pm
Trayus Marauder
Trayus Marauder

DOE Bane Vs. ROTJ Vader - Page 2 Empty Re: DOE Bane Vs. ROTJ Vader

on April 29th 2019, 6:14 pm
@DC77

Ahh, I see. Thanks for clearing that up. I must admit, Arkham's position had me quite confused as it pushes the idea that:

A. Bane>Vader which is confusing by itself
B. Kenobi>Bane/Zannah to the extent that he could make up for Vader's theoretical inferiority to the pair
DarthSkywalker0
DarthSkywalker0
Moderator
Moderator

DOE Bane Vs. ROTJ Vader - Page 2 Empty Re: DOE Bane Vs. ROTJ Vader

on April 30th 2019, 1:53 am
After further contemplation, I see Vader winning in a hard fought battle, but I remain unsure.
Ziggy
Ziggy

DOE Bane Vs. ROTJ Vader - Page 2 Empty Re: DOE Bane Vs. ROTJ Vader

on April 30th 2019, 10:31 am
I see Vader loosing against any Sith Lord with fame, unless it's an upset - such as his cheap win against TPM Maul.

The reason is his limitations. His mobility and inability to handle and dish out lightning.
Word Salad
Word Salad
Level Two
Level Two

DOE Bane Vs. ROTJ Vader - Page 2 Empty Re: DOE Bane Vs. ROTJ Vader

on April 30th 2019, 12:20 pm
@Trayus Marauder

A. Bane>Vader which is confusing by itself wrote:

What's confusing about having Bane above Vader?

B. Kenobi>Bane/Zannah to the extent that he could make up for Vader's theoretical inferiority to the pair wrote:

I mean I don't think there are massive gaps between any of the characters (that being Kenobi, Bane, Vader, and Zannah) and I have them all in the same tier.

The simple logic between my reasoning is:

Kenobi beats Zannah or Bane in a good fight.
Bane or Zannah beat Vader in a good fight.
Kenobi beats the remaining member of the duo in a good fight.
SithSauce
SithSauce

DOE Bane Vs. ROTJ Vader - Page 2 Empty Re: DOE Bane Vs. ROTJ Vader

on April 30th 2019, 1:10 pm
ArkhamAsylum3 wrote:@Trayus Marauder



What's confusing about having Bane above Vader?



I mean I don't think there are massive gaps between any of the characters (that being Kenobi, Bane, Vader, and Zannah) and I have them all in the same tier.

The simple logic between my reasoning is:

Kenobi beats Zannah or Bane in a good fight.
Bane or Zannah beat Vader in a good fight.
Kenobi beats the remaining member of the duo in a good fight.

Not seeing how Zannah is beating Vader at all lmao
Word Salad
Word Salad
Level Two
Level Two

DOE Bane Vs. ROTJ Vader - Page 2 Empty Re: DOE Bane Vs. ROTJ Vader

on April 30th 2019, 1:13 pm
@SithSauce

Not seeing how Zannah is beating Vader at all lmao wrote:

Raisins need to be provided for Vader beating Zannah.
Trayus Marauder
Trayus Marauder

DOE Bane Vs. ROTJ Vader - Page 2 Empty Re: DOE Bane Vs. ROTJ Vader

on April 30th 2019, 5:32 pm
ArkhamAsylum3 wrote:@Trayus Marauder



What's confusing about having Bane above Vader?



I mean I don't think there are massive gaps between any of the characters (that being Kenobi, Bane, Vader, and Zannah) and I have them all in the same tier.

The simple logic between my reasoning is:

Kenobi beats Zannah or Bane in a good fight.
Bane or Zannah beat Vader in a good fight.
Kenobi beats the remaining member of the duo in a good fight.

Well, Vader has better feats to start with so there's that. If you want me to elaborate on it further I can. Though I'd be happy to make this a formal debate topic since I've been keen to engage in one.

You scaling would be built on the assumption that Kenobi is superior to Vader. What sources do you have to back up that placement?
Word Salad
Word Salad
Level Two
Level Two

DOE Bane Vs. ROTJ Vader - Page 2 Empty Re: DOE Bane Vs. ROTJ Vader

on April 30th 2019, 6:17 pm
@Trayus Marauder

Well, Vader has better feats to start with so there's that. wrote:

Assuming you're responding to my question about Vader vs Bane then yes further elaboration is required.

I'd be happy to make this a formal debate topic since I've been keen to engage in one. wrote:

Yeah, sure we can make this a formal debate. Do take note of the fact that I'm incredibly lazy before making the thread given because of this I'm liable not to actually finish the debate though I will try not to procrastinate. Oh and finally I'd like to be given time to finish the TT tourney before starting the debate.

You scaling would be built on the assumption that Kenobi is superior to Vader. What sources do you have to back up that placement? wrote:

ROTS Kenobi>ANH Kenobi=>Vader. Just as an aside there is absolutely no way to quantify Vader's power growth between ANH and ROTJ (all we know is he's stronger as of ROTJ) and given his best feats happen pre-ANH there's no reason for me to consider ROTJ Vader to be much stronger than his ANH counterpart effectively leaving Vader as sub-ROTS Kenobi.

Side Note: I'm aware of the Insider quote which says Vader was "far more formidable" as of ESB than he was as of ANH but frankly the source is outdated and operating under the assumption Vader is below a standard PT Master in swordsmanship (obviously wrong) leaving quite a wide margin for power growth which obviously isn't there for a combatant who is below a standard PT Master (Vader).



Trayus Marauder
Trayus Marauder

DOE Bane Vs. ROTJ Vader - Page 2 Empty Re: DOE Bane Vs. ROTJ Vader

on April 30th 2019, 6:38 pm
@ArkhamAsylum3

Well if we are making this a formal debate then I'm sure you'll understand if I keep my key points in reserve for the time being. As for the TT tourney, when roughly can that be expected to conclude?
Word Salad
Word Salad
Level Two
Level Two

DOE Bane Vs. ROTJ Vader - Page 2 Empty Re: DOE Bane Vs. ROTJ Vader

on April 30th 2019, 7:52 pm
@Trayus Marauder wrote:@ArkhamAsylum3

Well if we are making this a formal debate then I'm sure you'll understand if I keep my key points in reserve for the time being. As for the TT tourney, when roughly can that be expected to conclude?

Depends on how quickly I get knocked out tbh (I'm expecting to lose to Az given how bad my opener was though). I'd estimate 3-4 weeks until we can do it (assuming I lose to Az). Given the length of time you might have to wait I'm perfectly happy if you make the thread and create an opener rather than waiting for me to finish the tourney (I might be able to get out a response to you while writing tourney posts though it depends on my energy level).
EmperorCaedus
EmperorCaedus

DOE Bane Vs. ROTJ Vader - Page 2 Empty Re: DOE Bane Vs. ROTJ Vader

on November 8th 2019, 1:16 pm
Vader solidly
DC77 (Reborn)
DC77 (Reborn)
Level Four
Level Four

DOE Bane Vs. ROTJ Vader - Page 2 Empty Re: DOE Bane Vs. ROTJ Vader

on November 8th 2019, 1:37 pm
Vader.
Sponsored content

DOE Bane Vs. ROTJ Vader - Page 2 Empty Re: DOE Bane Vs. ROTJ Vader

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum